Working OpenGL ES 2.0 + SDL 1.3 Sample?

Coldbird

I've been doing some research on OpenGL ES, I tried creating a plain OpenGL ES windows using the official GLES samples, they boot up, but the windows remains transparent and empty...

Next thing I did was snatch Cpasjuste's SDL 1.3 Source with OpenGLES 2.0 support from his GIT and compiled it, worked fine, after I fixed the linux-headers up properly...

However, does someone have a proper SDL 1.3 sample for use with OpenGL ES 2.0?

Samples can be found for iPhone and normal OpenGL ones for PC, however I fail to find any information whatsoever on Pandora.

official GLES samples you mean in the powervr SDK? This should work fine, ive run them in the past.

My egport.cpp/.h works with SDL 1.2 with either GLES 1.1/2.0. I plan to do a release very soon of the latest i have.

SDL 1.3 should also work for both, just be careful not to use SDL 1.3 internal opengl support. You can not mix the internal acceleration with external opengl calls. In other words just use SDL to get the surface and context.

official GLES samples you mean in the powervr SDK? This should work fine, ive run them in the past.

My egport.cpp/.h works with SDL 1.2 with either GLES 1.1/2.0. I plan to do a release very soon of the latest i have.

SDL 1.3 should also work for both, just be careful not to use SDL 1.3 internal opengl support. You can not mix the internal acceleration with external opengl calls. In other words just use SDL to get the surface and context.
Thats what I was hoping for, yes.

Back