Wizzley Presto And The Mysterious Time Machine

craigix said:
Thanks!

Apparently it does not work well on the new iphone with os4. It for some reason runs slowly.
Ouch, that'll hurt sales :S. It works fine on my 4.0 iPod Touch 3g. If you're in the mood for marketing I strongly suggest you open a thread in TouchArcade.com: http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2. If it attracts enough attention in their forums then the staff do a review, which is a very good thing.
I just left a 5 star review in iTunes btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I had a good bit of trouble with controls. A lot of times the buttons would change their image like they're being pressed, but nothing would happen in-game. Especially bad with the egg throwing weapon.

Also, paralyzing bounce back with no invincibility period. :/

At least it has good graphics though...

paulguy said:
I have to say I had a good bit of trouble with controls. A lot of times the buttons would change their image like they're being pressed, but nothing would happen in-game. Especially bad with the egg throwing weapon.

Also, paralyzing bounce back with no invincibility period. :/

At least it has good graphics though...

You have to hold the egg throwing button down, the longer it's held the more powerful the throw.

When I say 'WIZZLY' you say 'PRESTO' WIZZLY!.... WIZZLY!... When I say 'HOLD DOWN' you say 'EGG THROW' HOLD DOWN!... etc

I don't know why but I can't stop singing this in my head

quote said:
craigix said:
Thanks!

Apparently it does not work well on the new iphone with os4. It for some reason runs slowly.
Ouch, that'll hurt sales :S. It works fine on my 4.0 iPod Touch 3g. If you're in the mood for marketing I strongly suggest you open a thread in TouchArcade.com: http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2. If it attracts enough attention in their forums then the staff do a review, which is a very good thing.
I just left a 5 star review in iTunes btw.

Hmm maybe it does work on 4.0 then? Arrghh. Need 4.0 phone!

Downloading it on my Ipad right now.. hopefully it'll arrive in less than 2 months.....

Patiently waiting

Twiitcher said:
Downloading it on my Ipad right now.. hopefully it'll arrive in less than 2 months.....

Patiently waiting

Do report how it runs - Maybe the FPS counter code does not work on some OS4 devices? Maybe it reports something which slows the game down. Who know, I need to read up on OS4 to see if this is a real problem. Argh.

Looks nice, but I can't stand touchscreen controlled games ( he says typing this on his iPod touch!) I hope you port it to the pandora, I'd gladly still pay £2.99 to download from the panstore.

craigix said:
Hmm maybe it does work on 4.0 then? Arrghh. Need 4.0 phone!
I'm pretty sure your 2G can run 4.0? Just not all of its features. Try plugging it into iTunes and hitting 'check for updates' or some such. I just don't see why it wouldn't work on an iPhone 4 and not another iDevice running 4.0.
Who told you that it was slow on iPhone 4? Are you sure they said the new iPhone, or just iOS 4.0?

Runs silky smooth on the Ipad (32 gig non 3g version)... touch controls are.. well touch controls... no tactile feedback so they work but they are what they are.. touch controls... grr..... pretty game.. no frame rate issues at all on the IPad.. I've only seen about 12 sreens so far.. but 0 issues so far.

I can confirm that Wizzly Presto is classy retro goodness, this could have just strolled out of the amiga back catalogue. Craig's voice over adds a bit of extra magic, good stuff indeed.

webOS port, please? :) Should be pretty easy to port with the PDK and Palm is doing a lot of promotion for app developers at the moment.
http://developer.palm.com/

Responding to an earlier post here, slightly off topic
andyB911 said:
PS What is it with iphone haters on here? Ed - you might not like it, but its hardly Crap.

I would say that a lot of the people who have interest in the Pandora don't have interest in the iDevices for a few specific reasons, such as:
  • No physical controls (this is a big one, and Craig is working on it, but I mean native)
  • Low resolution (fixed on the newest iPhone and the iPad sorta)
  • No removable memory!
  • No (real) USB host without jailbreaking (which could have made up for removable memory on the iPad)
  • No removable battery
  • Closed OS (Very important to some of us)
  • Most of developers are of the closed-source and the commercial persuasions. Both of which are negatives to me for different reasons, but I admit I don't like paying for software. (Directly anyway. I gave to the dev fund, and have been known to donate.)

I hope that answers the question.
I respect people who like the iDevices, I just have little idea why they like them - And I expect many such people would have no interest in the Pandora ;)

Regarding Wizzley, that is one I would consider paying for on Pandora, because of the helping-the-project aspect.

OrR said:
webOS port, please? :) Should be pretty easy to port with the PDK and Palm is doing a lot of promotion for app developers at the moment.
http://developer.palm.com/

Hmmm I was considering just offering the 'port' rights to other people for other systems... (aside from the Pandora).

craigix said:
Hmmm I was considering just offering the 'port' rights to other people for other systems... (aside from the Pandora).
Zod could do Android? He's pretty active on that platform atm.

quote said:
craigix said:
Zod could do Android? He's pretty active on that platform atm.

Yeah he probably will. I might have a look at this WebOS... but I have a mac.

davidgro said:
I would say that a lot of the people who have interest in the Pandora don't have interest in the iDevices for a few specific reasons, such as:
  • stuff

That and they're expensive and outdated within a year. Consoles not so much (barring the ps3, which is still expensive).

Perky_Goth said:

davidgro said:
  • stuff

That and they're expensive and outdated within a year. Consoles not so much (barring the ps3, which is still expensive).

I agree they are are expensive - but that doesn't make it crap. Just expensive.

Not so sure about outdated within a year - using this very game as an example, new software is still being made to run on the original iphone (this game runs on the original 2G phone per Craig). Wonder how many other 3/4 year old phones are still so actively supported.

Its locked down - which has its problems but easily overcome if thats a priority. And the screen res / usb host etc are relatively minor issues in the real world for most.

And when you remember its a phone not a console the lack of controls are understandable - no phone has good controls (ngage rip).

I just don't get the fanboi attitude - either for or against apple stuff. Somehow there is an attitude that if you are a 'real' IT geek/nerd then its cool to hate the iphone/ipad (I think macs might be allowed).

In my mind, good gadgets are good gadgets whoever makes them, but to support or hate a brand of gadgets passionately without taking each on its merits, like supporting a football team, seems bizarre.

Rockthesmurf said:
Is the IPhone version written in standard C/C++ or objective C? If it is the former I might be interested in porting rights for Android.

Steve

It's just in C++. Well mostly C really, the odd bit is C++, you could hack it out if it helps.

Back