Wizzley Presto And The Mysterious Time Machine

ruckage said:
Hi everyone,

Long time no see. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Good to read this thread and see that people are liking the game, it's been a lot of work but great fun.
Just so you know I wasn't offended by Pandora in anyway - in fact I think it looks fantastic, I just haven't been around as I've been busy with Wizzley and work so haven't had the time to devote to making any new projects. I do hope though to release at least a few more titles for the Wiz/GP2X and also the Pandora sometime in the future, and it goes without saying more projects on the iPhone with Craig.

Loved your stuff on the GP2X, great to hear you'll be involved with the Pandora scene. Really hope you get round to porting the GP2X games you made, especially RuckMan, for the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
zacaj said:
Anyway, I must be missing something with the game, because I cant get anywhere... Are you supposed to be able to use the pickaxe or the bucket for anything, because I cant figure out how to use them. Im probably missing something obvious, but it really needs some sort of tutorial or something.... Ive been at my camp for the whole weekend playing this and I just figured out that you can throw eggs two hours ago.
Minor spoiler warning
Use the pickaxe on the small wall two screens to the left of your your original spawn point. Tap on the pickaxe icon when you're near the wall. :)

GizmoTheGreen said:
craigix said:
quote said:
In what way? I thought they added it in the approval process/when it goes on their servers.

You have to have a set of profiles and signing code to swish around in as you try to just develop as normal.

I can't just send you a beta, I need your iphone ID, then I have to add that to my signing profile for testing, then I have to compile a version for you and send you it. Oh and I can only have a certain amount of those per app.

sounds like a shit system really...
Sounds like the System only makes obstacles for the Devs but not for the hackorz/crackorz/pirate kiddies...very weird. Apple seems to not have the control, they pretend to have. :huh:

You can't blame them for using DRM and having the Devs take the necessary steps to enforce it. You can blame them for having a weak DRM which was cracked in a matter of weeks.

OrR said:
quote said:
You can't blame them for using DRM and having the Devs take the necessary steps to enforce it.
Actually, I can blame them for that, as well.
Well all the steps that Craig mentioned were put there to protect the developer. Object to that and you're turning it into a DRM vs No DRM argument.

We have discovered that some people have no idea how to play these sort of adventure games, for some reason this never occurred to us.

There are basic instructions on the 'information' screen.

You click the items in the top right when you think you might be able to use them.

Eg. Pickaxe on the blue bricks, drop the honey for the bees.

craigix said:
We have discovered that some people have no idea how to play these sort of adventure games, for some reason this never occurred to us.

There are basic instructions on the 'information' screen.

You click the items in the top right when you think you might be able to use them.

Eg. Pickaxe on the blue bricks, drop the honey for the bees.

:eek: what there's no "talk to" "use x with x" "Go east" "eat snake" or equivalents ;)

Bosbeetle said:
:eek: what there's no "talk to" "use x with x" "Go east" "eat snake" or equivalents ;)
Yes, there's pretty much all of what you just mentioned :p.

http://toucharcade.c...-vampires-tomb/

Edit: Just read it. These guys can't write very well...
It's a pretty nice title, actually. It features extremely impressive oldschool artwork reminiscent of by pixel artist Ruckage along with a nice audio track. The goal of the game is to traverse screen after screen of obstacle, puzzle, and enemy-laden platforms, by way of button touch controls, in order to make it through all three "chapters," each bringing a save point
What the hell is that? D:
Anyway, the publicity is nice I suppose.

Still waiting for the Android version. ;)

Back