Wizzley Presto And The Mysterious Time Machine

Good lord! I'm in germany now, trying to type on my friend's parent's laptop which has a german keyboard and a life of it's own(it keeps jumping backwards as I type, is this a german thing?!) Anyway, I responded to your email, Craig, hopefully with enough info! Very anxious right now, I thought I'd described the ending pretty well!

I could probably do a WebOS port, craig (make me a offer on terms)

I would hope you do a pandora port, or we'll come beat you up :) itd be rude to your own baby to not give it teh candy :)

Jeffphone

Hi everyone,

Long time no see. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Good to read this thread and see that people are liking the game, it's been a lot of work but great fun.
Just so you know I wasn't offended by Pandora in anyway - in fact I think it looks fantastic, I just haven't been around as I've been busy with Wizzley and work so haven't had the time to devote to making any new projects. I do hope though to release at least a few more titles for the Wiz/GP2X and also the Pandora sometime in the future, and it goes without saying more projects on the iPhone with Craig.

ruckage said:
Hi everyone,

Long time no see. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Good to read this thread and see that people are liking the game, it's been a lot of work but great fun.
Just so you know I wasn't offended by Pandora in anyway - in fact I think it looks fantastic, I just haven't been around as I've been busy with Wizzley and work so haven't had the time to devote to making any new projects. I do hope though to release at least a few more titles for the Wiz/GP2X and also the Pandora sometime in the future, and it goes without saying more projects on the iPhone with Craig.
I haven't played the game but I've seen Videos and Pics and I have to say it looks phantastic. :) Great Pixel Art and good to see you again. I've spent alot of time playing Animatch onto the GP2X, I hope you do some great stuff for the Pandora too. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
ruckage said:
It's a brilliant game, thank you :).
Nice to know you'll be here in the future. Don't miss out on the Caanoo though, it'll need your love!

An Android port would be pretty awesome. Easier to release on that platform too.

Everything gets pirated. It's an artifact of living in an age where it's trivial to make perfect copies of certain things.I doubt that it's going to lose Craig much money – most reasonable studies point out that many pirates wouldn't have bought the game in the first place. And even the Humble Indie Bundle had what, a 20% piracy rate? I think they allowed you to donate nothing and still get legal access to the download page (and I know for certain that 0.01 USD was accepted). So yes, people will even pirate something if it's free.

If you create content people will copy it. They will infringe on your copyright regardless of whether it saves them money or not. You can't stop that short of making your content so undesirable that nobody wants it. You can either worry about copyright infringement (won't change anything), ignore it or treat it as a marketing service you can't opt out of.

I'd be worried if no one pirated the game. That would indicate that something is seriously wrong with it.

Hmmm, thats a shame! If i like stuff or want to support the developers I buy things and dont pirate them! :(
Was the same with Simon the Sorcerer for iPad... both games (I and II) cost me like 3€. Yeah I already have them on CD, but good games never get old. :)
Five minutes after I bought them on the appstore guess what appeared on the installer app... made me kind of sad. Great products should be bought!
Wishing you all the best for Wizzley! Its a really fun game with gorgeous graphics and should get the respect (and money) its deserving! :)

j6cubic said:
Everything gets pirated. It's an artifact of living in an age where it's trivial to make perfect copies of certain things. If you create content people will copy it.

I think that someone once said that pirate copies of your software are some sort of testament to how good it is.

I pirated my slackware install, and tbh it's not bothering me one bit. I can even get all the updates!

D.

iPhone Apps can be pirated? :huh:
I thought, the huge security restrictions around Apples App-Store are exactly for preventing piracy. I thought they control everything so how can an (iPhone) app be pirated?

fusion_power said:
iPhone Apps can be pirated? :huh:
I thought, the huge security restrictions around Apples App-Store are exactly for preventing piracy. I thought they control everything so how can an (iPhone) app be pirated?
They've been pirated for years now, and it's incredibly easy to do (it's even easy to crack the apps). I'd say it's the most commonly pirated platform simply because of how 'user-friendly' it is. Even the most retarded individual can crack and distribute an iPhone app, unfortunately.
Also, Apple do not allow devs to add their own DRM to an app (in the form of a serial code, etc.).

I'd have thought Apple would improve their DRM/security with iOS 4.0, but maybe they just don't see it as a big problem.

Their DRM, which is now pointless, also makes developing, releasing and testing software a right pain in the arse.

In what way? I thought they added it in the approval process/when it goes on their servers.

quote said:
In what way? I thought they added it in the approval process/when it goes on their servers.

You have to have a set of profiles and signing code to swish around in as you try to just develop as normal.

I can't just send you a beta, I need your iphone ID, then I have to add that to my signing profile for testing, then I have to compile a version for you and send you it. Oh and I can only have a certain amount of those per app.

craigix said:
quote said:

You have to have a set of profiles and signing code to swish around in as you try to just develop as normal.

I can't just send you a beta, I need your iphone ID, then I have to add that to my signing profile for testing, then I have to compile a version for you and send you it. Oh and I can only have a certain amount of those per app.

sounds like a shit system really...

GizmoTheGreen said:
craigix said:
quote said:

sounds like a shit system really...
It is, took me two weeks to get my code on my iPod, made even more complicated because my hackintosh doesnt have internet, so I had to reboot after every step.

Anyway, I must be missing something with the game, because I cant get anywhere... Are you supposed to be able to use the pickaxe or the bucket for anything, because I cant figure out how to use them. Im probably missing something obvious, but it really needs some sort of tutorial or something.... Ive been at my camp for the whole weekend playing this and I just figured out that you can throw eggs two hours ago.

Back