Wiz On Its Way!

darkriku

Finnaly my wiz is on its way i have found out it was shipped last night and will be here either saturday or monday ill report and release a video and well all be very happy and super excited . !

Sphinxter posted on May 15 2009 at 07:38 PM said:
Too bad they didn't bother fixing the tearing or dpad issues first..
What d-pad issues? It has a pivot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally people can see I wasn't making shit up when I said Craig was just talking smack about the latest Wiz pad.

Edit: by people I mean the general public as well as people with development units.

Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 05:37 AM said:
Finally people can see I wasn't making shit up when I said Craig was just talking smack about the latest Wiz pad.

Edit: by people I mean the general public as well as people with development units.
No, because Craig was just asking other people whether their units were like his, as he thought he had been sent a final unit...
Though it sounds like his was just broken or old or something

Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 10:42 AM said:
No, he had the same unit model as me. It even arrived on the same day as mine. He has a pivot just like mine it's just not exactly what he expected.
Fucking craig. I knew that bastard was making up lies about GPH. How could he do that to GPH?!

Dunno if that is sarcasm or meant honestly but eitherway my answer is going to be the same. While Craig could of made a mistake, it was clear that there was some sort of pivot as you cannot get all 4 directions pressed down at once. He did later revise his complaint to the D-pad sitting too high, whiich is a valid complaint. When I got the first Wiz model to have the pivot I was expecting it to be different but in the end it didn't matter and the D-pad works fine for my purposes.

Edit: I would rather not talk about this damn D-pad business anymore as it is over with now and the Wiz is released so people can form their own opinions of the D-pad and make of it what they will. It was only so much of an issue when people only had Craig description of it to go by (and they will obviously trust that description being that it is coming from Craig) and hence I didn't feel it was entirely honest or very good for the Wiz's reputation.

Where did you guys (or girls) order your Wiz's from? Both Play-Asia and GP2xStore still show being out of stock.

I got mine from Play-Asia, but I preordered it in like...December, so that's probably why it's out of stock--they ran out filling preorders.

Mine is at my house but unfortunately I have two days left of classes before the semester is over so it just has to sit there (inside, mind you, not on my porch!) until then :( The wait is almost worse than waiting for the release, just because I KNOW it's there waiting!

mines still not arrived ,been told its been sent and hk post say they have sent it by airmail so I guess its the crappy royal mail bottlenecking my fun :angry: HOPE I GET IT SOON ,peace

my wiz shipped today. w0000t :D

i want to port puit there 1day.
9482_d7f1_500.png

darkriku posted on May 22 2009 at 07:00 AM said:
any news on this port?
eye, slow you greedy 1!

it's not like i can
set up the toolchain on mac (URGH!)
port the game from ruby to c (URGH URGH!)

in the 2 hours since i got my wiz.

unless, that is
you build a cellular automata / ai thingy that does that for me :p (or something similar)

no offense.

Back