Snes Emulation

NM, I did some reading into my problem. The update is the source of the problems.

Well, we will have to wait for the next update. Teaches me to jump at things so quickly :)

quadomatic posted on May 27 2009 at 05:00 PM said:
Even if the touch screen, 3D hardware, and better screen is there, is any of that really worth more than twice the price of a Dingoo A320?
That is kind of a good list of things there.

I suppose it depends on the persons needs likes and income level. To me the answer is yes it is worth it, just the OLED screen is for me. OLED is cutting edge and is the future basically. I have been wanting a device with it for awhile now. The dingooo is just a cheap GP2X with a small screen to me and really doesn't offer much over my GP2X other than being a bit more portable. I really never had a problem with the GP2X size so...

Last edited by a moderator:
andrewe1 posted on May 26 2009 at 06:48 AM said:
Yeah about the battery, I saw a video where they took the dingoo apart, didnt look too hard...the only thing is you would have to solder the battery. I don't know much about batteries but it looked like something
pretty standard and not specially designed for the dingoo so I think it might be easier to get one... If I need one, usually whenever the battery starts to die you already have a replacement gadget lol.

Since Im gonna be using it for emulation purposes i think the touchscreen is useless, unless you would emulate the DS which is not possible, I don't see the point other than third party games.

As of "Right now"...the dingoo has better snes emulation apparently, I know the wiz emulator is not optimized but how long will it take for a new one to come out?

anyways, like I said, if I don't like the dingoo Ill just sell it and get a wiz. I already ordered the dingoo from chinavasion.com...seems like a good website.

Cheers
It will probably get an update pretty quickly. When the gp2x came out there was a quick and dirty port almost immediately, then a very short time later a version came out more optimized for the gp2x. The dingoo is not a game system and I wouldn't count on it ever being able to do something it isn't doing out of the box. I'm not saying it won't, but I have seen a number of these devices come and go and not one of them had any improvements over the shipping version. The Wizs' software will be worked on and will mature and new stuff will come out, at least that is what happened with the gp32 and gp2x.

Chris

It will probably get an update pretty quickly. When the gp2x came out there was a quick and dirty port almost immediately, then a very short time later a version came out more optimized for the gp2x. The dingoo is not a game system and I wouldn't count on it ever being able to do something it isn't doing out of the box. I'm not saying it won't, but I have seen a number of these devices come and go and not one of them had any improvements over the shipping version. The Wizs' software will be worked on and will mature and new stuff will come out, at least that is what happened with the gp32 and gp2x.

Chris
The Dingoo is not a game system? That's very puzzling, given that it has highly traditional gaming controls (more so than the Wiz) and comes with builtin emulators and games.

Wiz is going to rely 100% on third parties for its software, it really doesn't have any intrinsic advantage over Dingoo which also has third party developers rallying behind it. I don't see why improvement can't happen for Dingoo. The only thing really working against it, in my opinion, is that the architecture isn't ARM.

that the WIZ uses. While it may not appear so up front, in the end especially when storage becomes cheaper the Wiz has a big advantage with storage.
I can't speak for mini-SD, but micro-SD is often even cheaper than full SD (at the lower capacity ranges"] and goes up to 16GB. Since the formats are all pin compatible with each other it's easy to convert up a size and micro-SD cards usually come with both mini and full SD adapters.[/quote]MicroSD (Also known as TransFlash (TF)) isn't so rare/wierd and more common then you think.
MicroSD can go as high in storage as normal SD (but atm only 16gb max. is available) and also has SDHC and as fast as regular SD (Hence, it's SD but just smaller)
At this momment MicroSD/TF has a max limmit of 16 gigabyte and 8gb is relative cheap (less then $20 for 8, less then $10 for 4 and less then $5 for 2"]

Same goes for MiniSD a.t.m., also prices are very close to each other, depending from store to store.

Most mobile devices use MicroSD/TF, not speaking of the whole DS/DSi scene.[/quote]Who are you speaking to?

i cant get mario kart to register things on the ground. like, i see the coins and item boxes, but i cant pick them up when i run over them. also, the race positions indicator doesnt work for the neon colored 4th thorough 1st numbers. i have downloaded the gp32xspain update for snes as well and tried different settings combinations but no luck

i cant get mario kart to register things on the ground. like, i see the coins and item boxes, but i cant pick them up when i run over them. also, the race positions indicator doesnt work for the neon colored 4th thorough 1st numbers. i have downloaded the gp32xspain update for snes as well and tried different settings combinations but no luck
Sounds more like a bad rom than a bad emulator. My mario kart works flawlessly.

Back