Wiz Fell On Floor: Now Works Only Off Usb Connection

alehan

Still Fresh
Hello all,

i was wondering if anybody could advise on what to do:

My Wiz fell off my hands while playing and hit the floor, switching off.

Now it won't power on, unless it's connected to the USB cord/computer....I tried to reseat the battery, and i also disassembled the Wiz to look around but couldn't see any defect/damage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

a

alehan said:
Hello all,

i was wondering if anybody could advise on what to do:

My Wiz fell off my hands while playing and hit the floor, switching off.

Now it won't power on, unless it's connected to the USB cord/computer....I tried to reseat the battery, and i also disassembled the Wiz to look around but couldn't see any defect/damage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

a

Hmm, not sure but if you can't fix it , let me know if you want to sell it as I'm looking for broke Wiz's for parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else?

does anybody know of a place that fixes them?

Thanks

LTStone said:
I wonder if the bump damaged your battery..

that's a plausible theory!
However, i cannot find a spare battery anywhere online, nor know anybody with a Wiz in my town to test this theory...

I would bet any 1800-2000mha 3.8V battery would work, its just a matter of finding one that fits and has 3 connectors. I know the 2 outside connectors are + and - , I'm not sure if the 3rd prong is needed or not.

YES! I tried connecting a 1500mah 3.7v Dingoo battery to my Wiz and it worked fine, booted up and played some Megaman x5 with no problems. The Middle connector on the battery is just a thermal protection. IMO this is a breakthrough.

LTStone said:
Any luck yet?

I have been pretty lucky as I have dropped my Wiz quite a few times with no problems, I'm quite impressed with the build quality actually. I have broke Dingoo's with a 1 foot drop onto carpet :( . I did get the official leather case to protect the Wiz and I like it alot although it will scuff the Wiz a bit where it clips on.

One thing I worry about is the buttons and dpad, they Membrane is soft and has been known to wear out. Now that I know how easy it is to find a new battery replacement all I have to do is find an easy fix for the Dpad/button membrane and my Wiz should be around for a long time...

Update:

i left it charging overnight and the battery is back to life, for some reason.

Celebrate!

alehan said:
Update:

i left it charging overnight and the battery is back to life, for some reason.

Celebrate!

Nevermind...dead again...poo!

Back