Wiz's Not Working, But...

hyperion64

Still Fresh
Hey, new guy here.
I really enjoyed playing with this amazing little machine, especially carrying around all those awesome SNES games that are still worth playing. However...
one day, it just "slipped off" my hand and it fell on the floor. SInce then, I can't turn it on, it's just impossible. However, if I use the USB cable while trying to turn it on, it does. It's there any connection with the battery, or something else that caused this problem? I don't want to buy the Caanoo since it doesn't have a gorgeous screen or a D-pad, so help!

If it is out of warranty, you can try opening up the battery compartment and check to see if the terminals are connecting. This sounds a lot like what happened to friend of mine's handheld. We ended up fixing it by adding a piece of paper behind the lid to push the battery against the terminals. However I think the Wiz has terminals on the side. If they are spring terminals you may just be able to bend them back into place.

the battery lid can be opened by removing one screw and doesnt void the waranty, because gph was selling replacement batteries. so just open it that far and see if any of the contacts are broken or if you need to realign the battery

I think the battery compartment on the Wiz might have 2 screws (on mine at least), but it's clearly meant to be easily open-able by end users.

HunterZ said:
I think the battery compartment on the Wiz might have 2 screws (on mine at least), but it's clearly meant to be easily open-able by end users.

What screwdrivers are you guys using? I'm afraid I'll strip the screws with the cheap small screwdriver sets you can get. I'm not having any problems with my machines, but I have some backup wizzes that I want to test without putting a first charge on the batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't tried to open mine yet, but it looks like a standard mini-screwdriver should work fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try opening it up, but...I may sound like an idiot, but I'm not well-versed in this, but what terminals am I to look for?

I've not looked myself, but it will be whatever metal bits there are inside the battery compartment that are meant to touch metal bits on the battery.

Back