Wiz And Car Stereo

lnx64

I use my Wiz on my car stereo, via the USB port, and it usually works fine, but last night I had a couple problems that never happened before..

I'd be jamming out to my tunes on my way to work, then the music just stops, and the stereo says "NO USB", and the Wiz just sits there saying it's connected, then go back to the select a USB media option (NAND or SD).. I press SD, and then the stereo goes to "READING" then continues exactly where it left off..

What could be causing the Wiz to go back to that screen? This stereo isn't cheap either, it's a JVC with HD Radio, and that USB port is USB Mass Storage Device compatible, and works with iPods too (can even act as a DAC to the iPhone OS based devices too, which is rather unique).

It's only the Wiz that has had this problem.. It did it twice yesterday, but on the way home earlier this morning (1am ish), it was perfectly fine despite when taking a sharp turn the Wiz fell off the dash and went to the floor, it STILL played with the USB cable tethered, didn't loose a connection, so it's definitely not a USB cable issue..

There's nothing you can do except try another cable or try maybe updating the firmware. If you can't get it to be perfectly reliable, it wouldn't surprise me since GPH has a history of problems with USB reliablity in their GP2X and they don't seem to be able to learn from past mistakes.

I would just get a $3 USB card reader and use it to read your music files.

Back