Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

While trying all these codes, I've found very useful keys (like "Application" that's like a right-click menu, or the Numeric Keypad keys) that are not physically present on the Pandora keyboard, but can be useful to send to the PC, so, I think I'll do different Keyboard configurations for every needs, like I do with my phone.

But actually it is not possible a "Hot-Swap" of the configuration, so ... <- Request :p

I was thinking of something similar for the ps3 compatibility... some oc emulators might expect the dpad to be buttons, not a pov hat, and they might be unmappable on pc... so regular and ps3 plugins too... somehow this now became too complicated!  :blink:
That's no problem. For game controllers the Pandora-dpad will be mapped to the hat-switch by default. You can easily map them to normal buttons by editing the corresponding config file.

@Crionic: how can I make the "grab" active by default at the start ?
Currently, you can't. But I'll add a option for that.

I always forget to tick this.. :D

maybe could make it standard that all modes are disabled at start, and when you enable atleast one, grab input turns on too. as well as turns off when all modes are turned off again.
Don't know. When I start the tool, I usually want to use it immediately and don't want to enable the plugins first :)  But the second one would be a good idea.

another request, because it's two days that I'm lost in this keyboard mapping thing, and I can't find the code of some characters I need , can you make a script that sends all the characters with their code to the PC ?

actually I'm not really sure if the code I will read on the PC will be correct ?!

Anyway if it is possible making something like this can be of great help for anyone who wants to make a new keyboard configuration.
Yes, that would be useful, indeed. Put on the todo list  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always forget to tick this.. :D

maybe could make it standard that all modes are disabled at start, and when you enable atleast one, grab input turns on too. as well as turns off when all modes are turned off again.

i like grab input as it is now.

I always go in and untick the ones I'm not gonna use all the time anyway, so instead of two unticks, it would be one tick :) ...

Found some time yesterday to have a go with it, some thoughts:

• My taskbar is set to autohide, which produces a "lock" situation if grab input is activated, as I am not able to bring up the taskbar with the stylus. Maybe a special key (combo) could be used to activate/deactivate grabbing the input - like the Pandora button ?
  • As I did not think of activating input grabbing in the beginning, I accidently started MC thrice, which produced some weired behavior.
    Maybe a multiple instance check could be implemented ?
  • Having a special submenu for the status seems a little "cumbersome".
    Could the status indicators be placed in the main menu ?
  • This one you can completly ignore: I don't like programs that override the systems mechanism to "skin" Gui elements
  • I started MC several times (due to the "lock" situation I described earlier) and found it annoying that I had to uncheck the plugins I did not want to use every time.
    Maybe MC could remember the plugins that were active at the end of the last session ?
  • Dream feature: Graphical key assigment editor per plugin - something like this
I also tried connecting MC via bluetooth to my laptop running Ubuntu 13.04, but had no success - but need to gather some outputs to have anything usefull to report first.

I was able to get the keyboard portion of mastercontrol to work with Crediar's HIDTest for the Wii/U. (this is to test controllers for his nintendont project that lets gamecube games be played from a hard drive with a HID controller). The joystick/gamepad portion didn't seem to work, keyboard had to be enabled to get the gamepad face buttons to work. Also, it would appear that the reason that this wouldn't work on my tablet again is that my OTG cable broke.

Found some time yesterday to have a go with it, some thoughts:

• My taskbar is set to autohide, which produces a "lock" situation if grab input is activated, as I am not able to bring up the taskbar with the stylus. Maybe a special key (combo) could be used to activate/deactivate grabbing the input - like the Pandora button ?
  • As I did not think of activating input grabbing in the beginning, I accidently started MC thrice, which produced some weired behavior.
    Maybe a multiple instance check could be implemented ?
  • Having a special submenu for the status seems a little "cumbersome".
    Could the status indicators be placed in the main menu ?
  • This one you can completly ignore: I don't like programs that override the systems mechanism to "skin" Gui elements
  • I started MC several times (due to the "lock" situation I described earlier) and found it annoying that I had to uncheck the plugins I did not want to use every time.
    Maybe MC could remember the plugins that were active at the end of the last session ?
  • Dream feature: Graphical key assigment editor per plugin - something like this
I also tried connecting MC via bluetooth to my laptop running Ubuntu 13.04, but had no success - but need to gather some outputs to have anything usefull to report first.
Thanks for your feedback. Everything will be considered for the next version :)

I was able to get the keyboard portion of mastercontrol to work with Crediar's HIDTest for the Wii/U. (this is to test controllers for his nintendont project that lets gamecube games be played from a hard drive with a HID controller). The joystick/gamepad portion didn't seem to work, keyboard had to be enabled to get the gamepad face buttons to work. Also, it would appear that the reason that this wouldn't work on my tablet again is that my OTG cable broke.
Taking a quick look, it seems like a controller must be configured within HIDTest. Can't tell you more, as I can't try it.

Taking a quick look, it seems like a controller must be configured within HIDTest. Can't tell you more, as I can't try it.
HIDTest reads the raw HID input as far as I can tell. When it actually detects input from a device (like a keyboard), a row of hex values is shown at the button. When using the pandora in keyboard mode, the first number is always 01. The second number is either 00 or 22 if shift+another key are pressed (maybe does something with other modifier buttons). The third number is always 00. The 4th number is the hex keycode of whatever key is pressed (dpad left is 50 something). The rest of the values are also always 0. I'll try to test some more.

hi, any news ? I almost finished the italian layout, but some codes are still hiding somewere

Are you able to select < and > with the german layout ?

Because for the italian I have found the right codes, but pressing SHIFT + . or , returns me still . or ,

hi, any news ? 
Not yet. Working on support for external devices. But there are some difficulties to overcome when forwarding input to BT.

I almost finished the italian layout, but some codes are still hiding somewere

Are you able to select < and > with the german layout ?

Because for the italian I have found the right codes, but pressing SHIFT + . or , returns me still . or ,
Yes, those keys work with the German layout. It seems that the '<,>' key is the same on German and Italian keyboards (next to left shift). You could try the German layout and see, if the key is working for you.

Hello, I used MC to connect one Pandora to another, to try playing emulators and the like multiplayer, however I experienced some...issues. First of all, to ensure I even did it right, I'll explain what I did.

1st, I enabled bluetooth on both (obvious,)

2nd, I opened the non-host's bluetooth preferences and checkmarked, "Make computer discoverable."

3rd, I went to the host Pandora and did "Set up new device..." and efter exchanging PINs, the two devices had limited connectivity.

4th, I opened MC on the non-host Pandora, and connected to the Host Pandora from there.

At this point, I had complete control of the host Pandora, via the non-host Pandora, (which leads me to my first issue.) The trouble with this, is that I went to a couple different emulators and games, and when I went to change the controls, I tried to input Player 2 with it's own controls, but since it was also controlling the host device, it just made them both the same, so when I play now, the host (P1) can control himself, but the non-host (P2) controls both. How do I fix this?

At this point, I had complete control of the host Pandora, via the non-host Pandora, (which leads me to my first issue.) The trouble with this, is that I went to a couple different emulators and games, and when I went to change the controls, I tried to input Player 2 with it's own controls, but since it was also controlling the host device, it just made them both the same, so when I play now, the host (P1) can control himself, but the non-host (P2) controls both. How do I fix this?
Are you sure that you are using distinct controls/keys for each player? Maybe you could give an example for which player uses which controls.

For example: If P1 uses 'A' for fire and P2 uses 'B' there shouldn't be a conflict.

Oh well, that's true...I could map them separately, but I was kind of hoping you could map them to the same controls, just on different devices. Basically like Wii Remotes, there is a "D-Pad Left P1," and also a "D-Pad Left P2," which are obviously different inputs. So I was hoping you could use the same controls for each Pandora, but have MC read them as different inputs.

Oh well, that's true...I could map them separately, but I was kind of hoping you could map them to the same controls, just on different devices. Basically like Wii Remotes, there is a "D-Pad Left P1," and also a "D-Pad Left P2," which are obviously different inputs. So I was hoping you could use the same controls for each Pandora, but have MC read them as different inputs.
Using the HID as a separate input device is application dependent. Don't think, many apps support that on the Pandora.

So, if you want to use the same keys on each Pandora, you will have to edit the key map in keyboard.conf.

For example, if you use 'A'  for fire, you could remap 'A' to 'X' on P2 and assign 'X' as fire key for player 2.

it is better to stick with gamepad mode, many apps see them as different devices

Are you still working on the touch screen support, btw ? It would be a great addition to master control. 
Yeah, touch screen will be supported. But you won't probably be able to use it with a mouse at the same time. I can't find out how to emulate a composite hid with absolute and relative mouse input.

However, I'm currently busy writing a thesis for university. But I think I can push a new version (and the source) by the end of this month.

Back