Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

Thanks, but BT specs don't have anything to do with HID descriptors ;) .  I gonna find them somewhere.
Hm, anything I can help with here? I don't have bluetooth in my PC, but there sure should be a way to scan the service descriptor with the Pandora, right(at least I hope it is)?
Yes, there is something you can do. You can read the descriptor from the the WiiMote with the Pandora.

Do the following:

- Make sure your WiiMote is discoverable

- open a terminal on your Panda

- type "hcitool scan" . This scans for nearby BT devices. The WiiMote should be listed with its BT address

- type "sdptool browse <addr of wiimote>" . This lists all services on the WiiMote

- type "sdptool get --tree --bdaddr <addr of wiimote> <record handle>" for each service record. This will print the descriptors for each service

- post the descriptors here (or send by pm)

- you're done :)

Theres alot of documentation interfacing the wiimote anyway, I'm sure theres enough data on the web to figure out how to do the opposite...?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote tadaa...
Thanks. That could be useful. But the descriptor itself seems to be missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres alot of documentation interfacing the wiimote anyway, I'm sure theres enough data on the web to figure out how to do the opposite...?

well it was made to do the other way around, so it wasn't needed I guess.. ^^' 

Another interesting thing is the wii u gamepads screen is also 800x480..? and it uses wifi with some special connection stuff... I'm sure you know what I'm getting at but that's a totally different project. seems dolphin emulator coders have done it on pc, making it act as a gamepad for the wii u ^^

Another interesting thing is the wii u gamepads screen is also 800x480..? and it uses wifi with some special connection stuff... I'm sure you know what I'm getting at but that's a totally different project. seems dolphin emulator coders have done it on pc, making it act as a gamepad for the wii u ^^
So, you are one of those 5 people in the world, who have bought a Wii U? ;)

I'm the second one.

Who are the other 3

Would like a WiiU Pandora Pad.

Don't care about Windwaker.

Why all those remakes?

Nintendo does run out of ideas

it's a sexy remake, atleast they do it, and do it well. remember how many wanted an ff7 remake, and there was some leaked screenshots? and SquareEnix was like lol nah we won't do it.

So is this possible?

I know some guys have hacked the WiiU game Pad to be usable with Computers.

Yeah, I tried that but it made no difference. And yeah I tried initiating pairing from the HTC, and it pairs and connects, but then it disconnects after a few seconds, and everytime I try to use MC to connect, it says connection refused. It shows in the bluetooth preferences on the Pandora as connected for a few seconds, but then disconnects.

EDIT I should mention that if I pair from either the phone or the Pandora with MC open, Input Device is under "profiles" on the phone, but I still can't connect MC, and it doesn't control the phone.
Sorry, I can't help you. There are so many differences between all those Android versions and smart phone manufacturers, that even native HIDs don't work with all of them. It looks like some permission problem, but I can't tell why. Maybe you could try some 3rd-party app, like BlueInput.

So is this possible?

as far as I've found.. it's possible, but it's for another app to do, and currently all implementations I've seen is using the wii u as a proxy via a webserver. not connecting to the wii u pad directly

So is this possible?

Sadly every implementation I've seen so far has been the wii u viewing a custom webserver to fetch the input, not pc directly to the gamepad. the only thing with direct communication I've seen is faking the gamepad with a computer... which is what we want to do, some we can hope theres some sourcecode for that soon... :)

So is this possible?
What exactly? Substitute the Wii U controller by the Pandora? Maybe, but not with MC :)
Hopefully someone looks into this eventually.. :)

Sorry, I can't help you. There are so many differences between all those Android versions and smart phone manufacturers, that even native HIDs don't work with all of them. It looks like some permission problem, but I can't tell why. Maybe you could try some 3rd-party app, like BlueInput.
You know what, I think it is my phone, because it doesn't work with the iControlPad either, and tapping the entry in the bluetooth menu does tha same thing too. I'm getting a new ROM for my phone, so maybe that will fix it.

Thanks for trying to help me, I truly appreciate it!

You know what, I think it is my phone, because it doesn't work with the iControlPad either, and tapping the entry in the bluetooth menu does tha same thing too. I'm getting a new ROM for my phone, so maybe that will fix it.

Thanks for trying to help me, I truly appreciate it!
HTC devices doesn't like custom HID things, like ps3 controllers and stuff too. has to do with their bt stack.

custom rom like Cyanogenmod can fix this. on your own risk though.

Make that six ;)

I would also be very interested in Wiimote, Classic Gamepad and Nunchuck support - I'll try to get the descriptor for the Wiimote tonight, if no one beats me to it - got no Wii (U) classic controller though.

Nice progress on mc: I like the new Gui approach - I would vote for some sort of hint on the screen if input is grabbed, too.

Something to add from my side: How about setting the nubs in joystick mode automatically on choosing a plugin that supports them ?

Hope I find some time to test mc this week, did not have much time the last couple of weeks <_<

I would also be very interested in Wiimote, Classic Gamepad and Nunchuck support - I'll try to get the descriptor for the Wiimote tonight, if no one beats me to it - got no Wii (U) classic controller though.
elvissteinjr already sent me the descriptor for the Wiimote. Will take some time to decode it, though

Something to add from my side: How about setting the nubs in joystick mode automatically on choosing a plugin that supports them ?
Should be possible. But what if a mouse and a joystick plugin is loaded?

Should be possible. But what if a mouse and a joystick plugin is loaded?
"Aus der Hüfte" I can think of two things:

- Show a warning message that there is a plugin conflict. This could be expanded into user choice: ignore conflict / give plugin A control priority / give plugin B control priority

- Create different plugin versions => one joystick plugin with nub support, one without

I was thinking of something similar for the ps3 compatibility... some oc emulators might expect the dpad to be buttons, not a pov hat, and they might be unmappable on pc... so regular and ps3 plugins too... somehow this now became too complicated!  :blink:

@Crionic: how can I make the "grab" active by default at the start ?

I always forget to tick this.. :D

maybe could make it standard that all modes are disabled at start, and when you enable atleast one, grab input turns on too. as well as turns off when all modes are turned off again.

another request, because it's two days that I'm lost in this keyboard mapping thing, and I can't find the code of some characters I need , can you make a script that sends all the characters with their code to the PC ?

actually I'm not really sure if the code I will read on the PC will be correct ?!

Anyway if it is possible making something like this can be of great help for anyone who wants to make a new keyboard configuration.

Back