Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

indeed, I didn't set them so joystick mode! I will try that in a bit.

currently ps3 is searching for bt devices (accessories, normal bt keybs and mouses should work, as well as headsets, but it doesn't find the pandy, I did check the "make the computer discoverable" hmm..

I'll see if I'm bored enough to mess around with those... do I have to exit the app to change or can I edit and "re-enable" gamepad while the app is running?

If your Panda has been in stand by before, restarting disabling/enabling BT should help. You need to re-check "discoverable" after that.

Changes to the config files require a restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
no dice on bluetooth, maybe the ps3 doesn't bother listing it as it is seen as a "computer" not an accessory? even if it has the services..?

trying the nubs in joystick mode now... atleast the right one has the desired effect, I can navigate the menus now, and walk around in games.. :)

Could also be possible, that it scans the service names (controller name?), and only lists the Panda, if the desired service name (whatever it be) is found

not sure what keyboards are usually called... if anything. 

well, messing around with values now. for now just remapped the values I saw working to the right buttons on the pandy. 

I guess the best bet would be buying a "PC/PS3 compatible" third party controller, and read the values it delivers on a pc somehow. no idea how I'd do that though...

If you're bored enough, you could extract the descriptor from the controller ;)  (if you got a BT one)

I don't have a bt keyb/mouse if that's what you mean. and third party controllers are always USB (or usb reciever) :)

is there any way to make the dpad look as a POV?

I meant, if you got a BT PS3 controller.. Nevermind :)

Don't understand. Dpad look as POV? point of view?

Ah ok, got it.

Can't tell, what the PS3 expects. I'll have to analyze its descriptor first. But I highly guess, that pov-hat buttons are just normal buttons, and how they are interpreted (one/multiple down allowed) is up to the game.

another pandora app seems to have done this, emulating some sega controller (for the ps3). the app name is PURE... there is source in the authors thread but he sends it differently so I couldn't read it. however putting my pandora in this mode and connecting over usb to my pc the dpad was indeed a pov hat in windows :)

it works perfectly on ps3, only downside is the sdl window must be in focus for buttoncapture. so your app is currently better.

I found why the Gamepad had issues with Hydro Thunder, I had to recalibrate it on Windows. (I never used a gamepad/joystick before so that configuration window is a thing I just uncovered)

Anyway seems like it's not recognized as a "Gamepad" in games, but more as a "Joystick", because the Pandora DPad is seen as normal keys. (I found this because Windows refers to the Nub as DPad)

With many games this is not an issue because you can redefine all the keys (including the ones on the DPad), but for example in Hydro Thunder, you just can redefine the forward and backward thrust, but not the directions and it will use the Nub for these... maybe with a "real" gamepad it will use the DPad for them (but I can't try)

Is it possible to have 2 different configurations for game controllers ? "Gamepad" (DPad for directions) and "Joystick" (with Nubs for directions) ?

Shouldn't be too hard, I think (although I'm not sure if it makes much sense without accelerometers   :) ) But someone with a Wii would have to provide me the service descriptor.
Is this of any help? http://phys.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/LABS/yts/pic/GB002/Bluetooth_Specs.htm (didn't load at the time I tried, but the Google Cache works just fine in that case)

I don't know much about the bluetooth protocol, but that looks like useful information to me.

And the Wii has a lot of 2D games that don't make use of the accelerometers. Replacing a WiiMote seems especially useful in multiplayer ones.

Even cooler would be support for the classic controller as well as for the nunchuck, but I might be exaggerating a bit here(the posibilites just sound so good, heh).

Did you pair the Pandora with your HTC while MC was running? And please try initiating pairing from the HTC side.
Yeah, I tried that but it made no difference. And yeah I tried initiating pairing from the HTC, and it pairs and connects, but then it disconnects after a few seconds, and everytime I try to use MC to connect, it says connection refused. It shows in the bluetooth preferences on the Pandora as connected for a few seconds, but then disconnects.

EDIT I should mention that if I pair from either the phone or the Pandora with MC open, Input Device is under "profiles" on the phone, but I still can't connect MC, and it doesn't control the phone.

another pandora app seems to have done this, emulating some sega controller (for the ps3). the app name is PURE... there is source in the authors thread but he sends it differently so I couldn't read it. however putting my pandora in this mode and connecting over usb to my pc the dpad was indeed a pov hat in windows :)

it works perfectly on ps3, only downside is the sdl window must be in focus for buttoncapture. so your app is currently better.
Ok, I've checked the XB360 and PS3 descriptors. I'm going to add support for a hat button to the existing gamepad. After this, it should easily be configured as a XB360/PS3 controller.

The Right CTRL (Right shoulder button) seems not working

Right shoulder button doesn't work as CTRL (Left shoulder button is working fine).
I forgot to map the right shoulder button.

Just replace

out.Keyboard.RightCtrl = in.Keyboard.RightCtrl

with

out.Keyboard.RightCtrl = in.Gamepad.RightShoulder

in Keyboard.conf. That should do the trick.

Shouldn't be too hard, I think (although I'm not sure if it makes much sense without accelerometers   :) ) But someone with a Wii would have to provide me the service descriptor.
Is this of any help? http://phys.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/LABS/yts/pic/GB002/Bluetooth_Specs.htm (didn't load at the time I tried, but the Google Cache works just fine in that case)

I don't know much about the bluetooth protocol, but that looks like useful information to me.

And the Wii has a lot of 2D games that don't make use of the accelerometers. Replacing a WiiMote seems especially useful in multiplayer ones.

Even cooler would be support for the classic controller as well as for the nunchuck, but I might be exaggerating a bit here(the posibilites just sound so good, heh).
Thanks, but BT specs don't have anything to do with HID descriptors ;) .  I gonna find them somewhere.

Ok, I've checked the XB360 and PS3 descriptors. I'm going to add support for a hat button to the existing gamepad. After this, it should easily be configured as a XB360/PS3 controller. 
ok cool! thanks for adding this... :)

Thanks, but BT specs don't have anything to do with HID descriptors ;) .  I gonna find them somewhere.
Hm, anything I can help with here? I don't have bluetooth in my PC, but there sure should be a way to scan the service descriptor with the Pandora, right(at least I hope it is)?

Back