Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

Ah, this damn script. Don't know, why it doesn't show an error message. Your error occurs, when there is a module loaded, that conflicts with gadgetfs. These modules should be unloaded by the script automatically.

Please type "lsmod | grep g_" in a console and then "sudo rmmod <module>" for all listed modules.
There was one. g_cdc. I removed it and now your program is launching! It's fantastic! Now I have the best game controller for when I do livestream of retro-games. Great job! :D

USB connection sems working fine now, I just had to change manually a "HID Keyboard" to a "Mouse compatible HID" driver because Windows was still finding 2 Keyboards... maybe because of the previous version bug, anyway this time it doesn't show errors with the mouse.

What keycode table I have to use to modify the keyboard configuration file ? The codes are different then the ones I have on Windows, even the chars that are already right

Last edited by a moderator:
It still doesn't work on Bluetooth for me.

Here's the new log: 

Config: Loaded main.conf!
Config: Loaded events.conf!
Found input device on '/dev/input/event0' (keypad)
Found input device on '/dev/input/event1' (power-button)
Found input device on '/dev/input/event2' (nub0)
Found input device on '/dev/input/event3' (nub1)
Found input device on '/dev/input/event4' (gpio-keys)
Found input device on '/dev/input/event5' (touchscreen)
Config: Loaded Keyboard.conf!
Config: Loaded Keyboard_us.conf!
Plugin: Loaded Keyboard!
Config: Loaded Mouse.conf!
Plugin: Loaded Mouse!
Config: Loaded Gamepad.conf!
Plugin: Loaded Gamepad!
SDP: Services registered!
Bluetooth: Server started!
Bluetooth: Listening for connections...
USB: Server started. Waiting for connections...
Bluetooth: Trying to connect to D4:20:6D:6D:0A:49...
Bluetooth: Failed to connect to control psm 17! (Connection refused)
Bluetooth: Connection failed! Connection refused
Bluetooth: Not longer listening...
SDP: Services unregistered!
Bluetooth: Server stopped!
Plugin: Unloaded Gamepad
Plugin: Unloaded Keyboard
Plugin: Unloaded Mouse
Did you pair the Pandora with your HTC while MC was running? And please try initiating pairing from the HTC side.

USB connection sems working fine now, I just had to change manually a "HID Keyboard" to a "Mouse compatible HID" driver because Windows was still finding 2 Keyboards... maybe because of the previous version bug, anyway this time it doesn't show errors with the mouse.

What keycode table I have to use to modify the keyboard configuration file ? The codes are different then the ones I have on Windows, even the chars that are already right
Basically you need the HID keycode table (http://www.freebsddiary.org/APC/usb_hid_usages.php). While most letters and digits should be ok (for latin based languages), special characters are translated differently for each host language. If you're lucky, you may find

a table that matches you language. Else it's just a trial and error game :)  (edit a keycode and see what character it produces)

Yeah, I was trying to swap some characters but all the mapping I made produced wrong things :D

I tried again on the PC with the Toshiba BT stack today, and after the second trial, the connection started and the device was registered correctly. :)  

Now it works without problems even there.

Actually the "registration" seems just to be a white list to enable a specific service for a specific device, because in this interface you don't have a direct management of the paired devices (you can only remove them), and every service is accessible only after this "registration" thing.

For example if you want to activate HID control, BT Modem and BT Audio, you'll have to "register" 3 times the same device, ones for every service...

Another thing, I connected a USB Mouse to the Pandora, because I was trying to see if it was grabbed, but wasn't... are you planning to implement support even for USB devices ?

This functionality should transform every USB controller in a wireless one.

Another thing, I connected a USB Mouse to the Pandora, because I was trying to see if it was grabbed, but wasn't... are you planning to implement support even for USB devices ? This functionality should transform every USB controller in a wireless one
That would be a nice feature.

Also turn a Bluetooth device into an USB device :)

Yeah, I was trying to swap some characters but all the mapping I made produced wrong things :D

I tried again on the PC with the Toshiba BT stack today, and after the second trial, the connection started and the device was registered correctly. :)

Now it works without problems even there.

Actually the "registration" seems just to be a white list to enable a specific service for a specific device, because in this interface you don't have a direct management of the paired devices (you can only remove them), and every service is accessible only after this "registration" thing.

For example if you want to activate HID control, BT Modem and BT Audio, you'll have to "register" 3 times the same device, ones for every service...
I made minor changes to the service descriptors after you posted the descriptors of your phone. Maybe one of those changes did the trick. Glad it works :)

Another thing, I connected a USB Mouse to the Pandora, because I was trying to see if it was grabbed, but wasn't... are you planning to implement support even for USB devices ?

This functionality should transform every USB controller in a wireless one.
Originally, MC was designed to support external input devices. But the support itself is not implemented yet. But it will come for sure.

Is there any reason why the external device stuff shouldn't work both ways?

i.e. plug in a USB device and connect to the end host over bluetooth, connect to a bluetooth controller and make it available as a USB HID

Is there any reason why the external device stuff shouldn't work both ways?

i.e. plug in a USB device and connect to the end host over bluetooth, connect to a bluetooth controller and make it available as a USB HID
It would be possible, theoretically. But being a host for USB devices is something completely different than for BT devices. I guess, this would require a major redesign. Have to do some experiments...

I like the update, much easier to get connection; 1 thing:  I liked the fullscreen option though - maybe another way to indicate that input grab is on would help (like a different mouse pointer)??

Would it be possible to make it act as a WiiMote too? Would be pretty cool and a WiiMote is some kind of Bluetooth HID after all, so it might not need too many changes for that(not sure, though).

I like the update, much easier to get connection; 1 thing:  I liked the fullscreen option though - maybe another way to indicate that input grab is on would help (like a different mouse pointer)??
Some full screen gui may come back as a plugin for optional use. Using another mouse pointer should also be possible. I will check that.

Would it be possible to make it act as a WiiMote too? Would be pretty cool and a WiiMote is some kind of Bluetooth HID after all, so it might not need too many changes for that(not sure, though).
Shouldn't be too hard, I think (although I'm not sure if it makes much sense without accelerometers   :) ) But someone with a Wii would have to provide me the service descriptor.

Really? if I don't remember wrong, the ps3 sixaxis does show up as a gamepad in windows but uses nonstandard values or something so windows doesn't see it, it works under linux though (there was a patch that got added to mainline, so it works on any android as well, should on pandy too over cable).

xb360 usb controllers indeed are hid and work fine under both windows and linux without any extra driver, the wireless ones use a proprietary radio though and not bluetooth :)

just figured it would be cool to play games with the pandy on ps3 as well as being able to type with the keyboard :)  

(keyboard and mouse should work over usb, not sure about the gamepad yet, gonna try keyb over bt)

Well, I don't own these consoles, so I just did a quick google and found stuff like "download and install the drivers for ps3 sixxaxis here...". So, thanks for clarifying :)

So, if they are indeed HIDs, I just need to find the descriptors somewhere.

I tried over usb on my ps3, keyboard works excellently, so does mouse.

gamepad... almost! 

nubs do nothing, the only buttond that do anything, and what I htink they are from testing in various places...

B on pandy is X on ps3
L on pandy is O
Down on dpad on Pandy is Start?

on to bluetooth testing... :)

That's a good start :) Have you set the nubs to joystick mode?

You could try to edit Gamepad.conf (section [Gamepad]) and assign other keys. (for example out.Gamepad.X = in.Keyboard.b )

Back