Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

i tried connecting from master control, works immediately... seems like it doesn t disconnect after a while like before...

i reactivated all the bluetooth services on the panda, even audio, like the default, and i m trying to see if were those the cause of the disconnection... so, just for testing purposes i think i ll play hydro thunder using the panda as a controller  :D

i tried connecting from master control, works immediately... seems like it doesn t disconnect after a while like before...

i reactivated all the bluetooth services on the panda, even audio, like the default, and i m trying to see if were those the cause of the disconnection... so, just for testing purposes i think i ll play hydro thunder using the panda as a controller  :D
Really hope that it's working now!

OK.  Thanks PowerGod for being a true guinea pig since day one.  Now it's time to pack an updated PND? I don't want to go thru the pain PowerGod went through  :D

Edit:  He's PowerGod so he can endure pain better than I do and perhaps the rest of humanity  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
after over an hour of use, i think that it should be useful to be able to see the battery charge...and should be also useful a button to turn off the display, because i didn t looked at it for all the time

at shenmue colon   actually i was hoping to have this functionality from the very first day i received the pandora, now that this thing seems working i m so happy that even if i miss many characters i will continue writing with this    lol

Very glad it finally works for you! That was hard work! :) Thanks very much for your patience. But.. what was the problem now? Was it the audio stuff?

after over an hour of use, i think that it should be useful to be able to see the battery charge...and should be also useful a button to turn off the display, because i didn t looked at it for all the time

at shenmue colon   actually i was hoping to have this functionality from the very first day i received the pandora, now that this thing seems working i m so happy that even if i miss many characters i will continue writing with this    lol
I will see what I can do. And the keyboard thing  seriously needs some rework.

Hey, it should be me who have to thank you !! :D

Actually i don t know what was causing the disconnectin problem with bluesoleil... now seems working... maybe the reinstallation fixed something.... i restored the pandora settings like before the changes and I can't find problems... the bluetooth audio service was found too... 

oh, LOL, the popup message of low battery just appeared over Master Control... I clicked on it's OK button like 10 times before realizing that I was still clicking on my PC :D

in the next days i'll try again with the microsoft stack, maybe if one stack started working perfectly, there's hope even for the microsoft one, I wasn't even able to make a single connection there ... and I will try even another BT dongle with another stack

after over an hour of use, i think that it should be useful to be able to see the battery charge...and should be also useful a button to turn off the display, because i didn t looked at it for all the timel
So you want a battery Monitor you can't see  :D .

Is there really a need to turn the display off.

Simply press FN+U often enough.

Brightness will be Zero then.

It doesn! turn off the screen, but is OK for me.

So you want a battery Monitor you can't see  .
Yeah, I know :D  but now if you want to know the battery charge you have to exit the program, and turning off the screen using the brightness method (like 6 press to turn off and 6 press to turn on) just makes me to leave it on and don't mind

Yeah, I know :D  but now if you want to know the battery charge you have to exit the program, and turning off the screen using the brightness method (like 6 press to turn off and 6 press to turn on) just makes me to leave it on and don't mind
Why 6 Press?

If you use lowest brightness it's one press to turn brightness on and off.

I use it a low with TV-out and works nice.

You don't need to exit. Just switch to window mode, check the charge, then go back to full screen.

Why can't it be minimized?  You fire MC up, connect, minimize, and you're done.
Because when remote controlling a device, you normally don't want all the key presses and mouse clicks to happen on the Pandora. This could cause some mess. The gui is here to prevent this.

I tried against with your masterconf file, and I still get the same issues in STeam on Linux: it is asking for left x and lefty and I cannot assign them to the nubs. And it I don't it does not save the configuration. ANyone had better luck ?

Why can't it be minimized?  You fire MC up, connect, minimize, and you're done.
Because when remote controlling a device, you normally don't want all the key presses and mouse clicks to happen on the Pandora. This could cause some mess. The gui is here to prevent this.
yeah it's kind of obvious :)

I tried against with your masterconf file, and I still get the same issues in STeam on Linux: it is asking for left x and lefty and I cannot assign them to the nubs. And it I don't it does not save the configuration. ANyone had better luck ?
And you're absolutely sure, that you have set your nubs to joystick mode with nub configurator? You can test again with jstest. If the nubs are working there, they should also do with Steam.

Just tried to plug my BT dongle on a Vista PC... Microsoft drivers installed correctly, but then it can't find any device... and if I try to pair from the Pandora, it tells "Click here to insert the code" but nothing happens...

Because it's not my pc I can't fiddle with it, so I can't try MC here, but I'm starting to think that Microsoft drivers are the problem...

And you're absolutely sure, that you have set your nubs to joystick mode with nub configurator? You can test again with jstest. If the nubs are working there, they should also do with Steam.
OK, I missed that :) now the calibration works on Steam.! Thanks!

BUT...

SHank still does not recognize the controller properly. Even when I specifically select it in the menu and even if I try to recalibrate it there. Buttons are not recognized at all.

The good news is that the steam version of Cave Story now works perfect. :) That's one out of two :)

I'm trying to connect 2 pandoras at the same time, the one I used before still works without problems (it remains connected even for long times in idle), the other one reports "connection refused" ... I'm still searching what's different... the tricky part is that the display of this one is dead and I can only control the connection with the touchscreen, so I have to find with VNC the right point where to press :D

ok, there must be really something weird here that must be done in a PRECISE sequence... and then leave everything as it is.

I found in the one that WAS working that it was paired only in windows, but the windows pc wasn't present in the pandora paired devices... so I paired... now it disconnects after a minute... I deleted the pairing from the pandora... nothing changed...

I'll start again all the tests... at least now I know that is possible to make it work with Bluesoleil...

Back