Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

ok, there must be really something weird here that must be done in a PRECISE sequence... and then leave everything as it is.

I found in the one that WAS working that it was paired only in windows, but the windows pc wasn't present in the pandora paired devices... so I paired... now it disconnects after a minute... I deleted the pairing from the pandora... nothing changed...

I'll start again all the tests... at least now I know that is possible to make it work with Bluesoleil...
Never touch a running system ;) Hope you find the solution. Don't want to start this all over again :)

I'm finally able to connect the other panda, even if it disconnect after a minute... still I have to understand how the refused connection issue was resolved...

The other one now can connect again in a stable way...

One thing is certain, wifi + BT is definitely an issue

EDIT: BOTH of them connected at the same time

EDIT: ... for half an hour :D  the Dpad and the game buttons of the 2 pandas are seen as 2 different joysticks in MAME and both are working well

Last edited by a moderator:
trying this on mac osx snow leopord, usb connection works - keyboard only; bluetooth connection does not work

@Crionic: when a disconnection happens, the interface still reports "connected" with the disabled "connect" button, should be possible to detect the disconnection ? Or maybe leaving the connect button always active just in case a reconnection is needed ?

and regarding the connectivity in general... now it works always... it's very VERY funny... I just need to do a normal pairing, launch master control, and done...

I tried removing the devices different times and pairing them again, both from windows and the pandora... but I just can't reproduce the problems I had before... the ONLY thing I changed on the new panda was the main.conf to excluse audio... but then I restored the default, rebooted, removed all the paired devices and started from zero... and it worked... at the beginning only for just a minute, but I kept reconnecting, and after like 5 reconnections it started working without issues...

Same with the other panda, after different reconnections it started working againg stable.

The only thing I can think of is that at every reconnection I had to restart MasterControl because the connection button was disabled... maybe it leaves something persistent after exiting that is useful on the following restart ?

I'm finally able to connect the other panda, even if it disconnect after a minute... still I have to understand how the refused connection issue was resolved...

The other one now can connect again in a stable way...

One thing is certain, wifi + BT is definitely an issue

EDIT: BOTH of them connected at the same time

EDIT: ... for half an hour :D  the Dpad and the game buttons of the 2 pandas are seen as 2 different joysticks in MAME and both are working well
Nice one! :) I also noticed that wifi thing. Seems, the wifi sometimes disconnects randomly when bluetooth is connected. Can't tell why..

@Crionic: when a disconnection happens, the interface still reports "connected" with the disabled "connect" button, should be possible to detect the disconnection ? Or maybe leaving the connect button always active just in case a reconnection is needed ?

and regarding the connectivity in general... now it works always... it's very VERY funny... I just need to do a normal pairing, launch master control, and done...

I tried removing the devices different times and pairing them again, both from windows and the pandora... but I just can't reproduce the problems I had before... the ONLY thing I changed on the new panda was the main.conf to excluse audio... but then I restored the default, rebooted, removed all the paired devices and started from zero... and it worked... at the beginning only for just a minute, but I kept reconnecting, and after like 5 reconnections it started working without issues...

Same with the other panda, after different reconnections it started working againg stable.

The only thing I can think of is that at every reconnection I had to restart MasterControl because the connection button was disabled... maybe it leaves something persistent after exiting that is useful on the following restart ?
The detection of a disconnect may be inaccurate. I will look into this.

MC doesn't leave an data flying around after quiting.

Never experienced such a strange behavior myself. Could also be, that your BT dongle has it's problems with the Pandoras.

Isn't the Apple bluetooth protocol different from the standard one ? I always heard people say that Apple things can only connects with Apple things...

Not sure what exactly this program can do, so it is possible to connect the Pandora over USB to my PC and use the Pandora as Gamepad? I could need one at the moment and the D-Pad of the Pandora is nice enough for propper Gamepad usage. :)

Isn't the Apple bluetooth protocol different from the standard one ? I always heard people say that Apple things can only connects with Apple things...
it pairs with pandora, i can send a file from pandora to the apple but not other way round

Not sure what exactly this program can do, so it is possible to connect the Pandora over USB to my PC and use the Pandora as Gamepad? I could need one at the moment and the D-Pad of the Pandora is nice enough for propper Gamepad usage. :)
Right.

Use Pandora as a Mouse, Keyboard and/or Gamepad via USB and Bluetooth.

-> Awesome.

Right.

-> Awesome.
Yep!  Tried it and it is awesome!

New unsuccessful test, with a Sitecom dongle and Toshiba stack.

In this case, you must first register on the PC the device service (not just pairing), the stack must find the service and asks you when to launch the connection from the device, then it registers it, and you are able to connect when you want.

What happened with my phone:

- The stack found the service and opened a popup telling me to connect and then press OK

- I launched the connection from the phone, and it reported "Connection refused"

- Pressed OK on the popup and the Stack told me "Device registered correctly", and it started a (working) HID connection to my phone.

- Then from my phone I can succefully start the connection when I want.

What happened with Pandora:

- The stack found the service and opened a popup telling me to connect and then press OK

- I launched the connection from MasterControl (with the right address already set in conf) and it reported "Connection refused" (same as the phone)

- Pressed OK on the popup but the Stack this time told me "Unable to register the device. [Retry] [Cancel]"

I made a dump during this procedure for the Pandora if you want to see it, but I didn't found the time to do it for the phone... if you need it I will do it the next week

Right.

-> Awesome.
Very nice. :) A tool like this should be included in the Pandora Fimware, pretty handy. ^^

Back