Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

It's a Sony Ericsson K750 with it's last (like 7 years old) firmware, not exactly a smartphone ;)

But all the services works without problems, mouse/keyboard, COM ports, I can use it as a BT modem, the OBEX browsing... I just can't try 2 other services that seems missing in the windows stack but were available in Bluesoleil, to use windows as a hearphone and to make a BT network (actually I think that windows had found this service but doesn't have the driver for that)

EDIT: actually the firmware version is "R1DB001 EUROPE_5" but I really don't know how the os is called, it's SE proprietary

[OT]

By the way it's great to be able to use all the function of the phone through bluetooth without the need of proprietary drivers, because in Win 7 I can't use the USB connection... even for browsing files on the memory stick...

It needs drivers (not existent for Win7) for everything in USB mode...

The Pandora even on USB doesn't have any problems at all with it :D Just plugged in and I was seeng the filesystem, the memory stick and was able to use it as a modem, or send it's special AT commands to it with telnet :)

[/OT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read this advice...

Error: "Can't create HID control channel: Connection refused"

This error usually means that the device you are attempting to connect to is already connected (possibly to another system, or to this system). Check the Bluetooth device you were attempting to connect when you received the error... Odds are that it is connected just fine. If it is not connected or functional, make sure the device is available for pairing and run the command again.
... and found that even if the Pandora is disconnected, Windows in the bluetooth properties reports "Actually connected" ... now... how can I disconnect it ? I can't find any option...

I'd like to take a look at the phones HID descriptors. There must be something the phone does in a different way.

Could you please run from the Pandora "sdptool browse x" (x is your phone bdaddr). This will print a list of all BT services the phone offers. Just filter out the HID service. There is a service record handler for each entry (0x10001+).

Take the number from the HID record and run "sdptool get --tree --bdaddr x y" (y the record handle). This will print the complete HID service descriptor.

Maybe I can find something special.

Just read this advice...

Error: "Can't create HID control channel: Connection refused"

This error usually means that the device you are attempting to connect to is already connected (possibly to another system, or to this system). Check the Bluetooth device you were attempting to connect when you received the error... Odds are that it is connected just fine. If it is not connected or functional, make sure the device is available for pairing and run the command again.
... and found that even if the Pandora is disconnected, Windows in the bluetooth properties reports "Actually connected" ... now... how can I disconnect it ? I can't find any option...
Maybe your phone is connected ;)  But that shouldn't be a problem, otherwise you could never use a BT keyboard and mouse at the same time.

Edit: with "hcitool con" you can check, if the Pandora is connected to anything. Don't know, what Windows is doing..

No, in the Pandora device properties reports connected, it happens after pairing, then Windows remains like this even if I shut off the Pandora... and there is no "Disconnect" option !!!  :blink:

Now I'll get your info from the phone, actually it can be a better idea than you think looking there, because the Bluetooth technology was created by Ericsson, so there can be indeed some magic there.

Here

Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10009
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1124 - HumanInterfaceDeviceService (HID)
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x11
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0011 - HIDP
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Code ISO639 (Integer) : 0x656e
Encoding (Integer) : 0x6a
Base Offset (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x9 - BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1124 - HumanInterfaceDeviceService (HID)
Version (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0xd - AdditionalProtocolDescriptorLists
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Integer : 0x13
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0011 - HIDP
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Data : 4d 6f 75 73 65 20 26 20 4b 65 79 62 6f 61 72 64 00 00
Attribute Identifier : 0x101
Data : 52 65 6d 6f 74 65 20 43 6f 6e 74 72 6f 6c 00 00
Attribute Identifier : 0x102
Data : 53 6f 6e 79 20 45 72 69 63 73 73 6f 6e 00 00
Attribute Identifier : 0x200 - DeviceReleaseNum
Integer : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x201 - ParserVersion
Integer : 0x111
Attribute Identifier : 0x202 - DeviceSubclass
Integer : 0xc0
Attribute Identifier : 0x203 - CountryCode
Integer : 0x30
Attribute Identifier : 0x204 - VirtualCable
Integer : 0x0
Attribute Identifier : 0x205 - ReconnectInitiate
Integer : 0x1
Attribute Identifier : 0x206 - DescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
Integer : 0x22
Data : 05 01 09 06 a1 01 85 01 05 07 19 e0 29 e7 15 00 25 01 75 01 95 08 81 02 95 01 75 08 81 03 95 05 75 01 05 08 19 01 29 05 91 02 95 01 75 03 91 03 95 06 75 08 15 00 25 65 05 07 19 00 29 65 81 00 c0 05 01 09 02 a1 01 85 02 09 01 a1 00 05 09 19 01 29 03 15 00 25 01 95 03 75 01 81 02 95 01 75 05 81 03 05 01 09 30 09 31 15 81 25 7f 75 08 95 02 81 06 c0 c0 00
Attribute Identifier : 0x207 - LangIDBaseList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
Integer : 0x409
Attribute Identifier : 0x208 - SDPDisable
Attribute Identifier : 0x209 - BatteryPower
Attribute Identifier : 0x20a - RemoteWakeup
Attribute Identifier : 0x20b - ProfileVersion
Attribute Identifier : 0x20d - NormallyConnectable
Attribute Identifier : 0x20e - BootDevice

EDIT: ops, I pasted all the list, now there's only HID

I'll add even this, maybe can contain some useful info

Code:
Service Name: Mouse & Keyboard
Service Description: Remote Control
Service Provider: Sony Ericsson
Service RecHandle: 0x10009
Service Class ID List:
  "Human Interface Device" (0x1124)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
    PSM: 17
  "HIDP" (0x0011)
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x656e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
    Version: 0x0100

I'll add even this, maybe can contain some useful info

Service Name: Mouse & Keyboard
Service Description: Remote Control
Service Provider: Sony Ericsson
Service RecHandle: 0x10009
Service Class ID List:
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
PSM: 17
"HIDP" (0x0011)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
Version: 0x0100
I was able to tune the descriptors a bit, but it didn't improve performance for Windows. But I found something else (what is really weird).  There are some default Bluetooth services running on the Pandora. Normally they shouldn't interfere with the HID service, since they use different resources. But two of them (both audio services) seem to make Windows to cause those "connection refused" messages. Removing them made my Windows much more responsive.

Please try this:

Edit "/etc/bluetooth/main.conf" and add "DisablePlugins = input,audio" (important: no spaces before or after the comma), then reboot the Pandora.

Please verify that no audio services are running by typing "sdptool browse local".

After that run MC, pair with Windows and try to connect.

Now that I think of it, when I was using the Bluesoleil stack, after pairing the Pandora I always had a request to activate the hearphone service, with the Windows stack that function is not even recognized.

success here with the bluetooth :)

it was a bit fiddly though; I followed the above suggestion of entering the BT address in the conf file by hand and tried a few times..in the end not sure what made it work [could be some host side config]..
Great! :) Would you mind telling us which host os (and version) you used?

is there a way to get the shift working (eg for the %* etc)?? (ignore this - I see have to add the mapping in the conf) hmm still not so easy, i can make the shift work

but that will make e.g. shift+4=$ instead of ~ (well, it makes sense) also instead of () I get []..
I'm aware of this issue. That's because the Pandora uses a non-standardized key set. Pressing shift-9 produces the key code for '(' but on the Pandora you'll get a '[', which is a different (and unshifted!) key code on a standard (English) keyboard. That makes it quite tricky to map all keys 1:1. Especially if one wants to support multiple languanges.
ow, I get a headache already;-) in any case it is very useful as it is! I am using opensuse 11.4, btw

No luck... tried both with MC and your test script but always connection refused...

No luck... tried both with MC and your test script but always connection refused...
Try deleting all service records. Run "sdptool browse local" and then "sdptool del x" with x for each record handle (the records will be recreated when you shutdown/restart bluetooth)

Edit:

Still can't enable the service on Windows?

Done but still refused...

The service is enabled because I paired with keyb registered, it's the only way to keep it checked... anyway it still reports to be connected to the Pandora even when I just plugged the BT dongle in... I can even reboot the PC and after booting it reports it's still connected... I'm starting to hate these drivers, I found a program that can make you switch from different BT stacks, now I just need to find some alternatives that will works with my dongle.

http://bluetoothstackswitcher.com/

Note that the keyb service from sdptool only works with bttest. When you try MC, you have to delete this service. Else Windows will find two different HID services and finally go insane completely :)

Edit:

Is there a firewall that may block the Pandora?

But if I remove the keyb service, windows will uncheck the HID service too...

Does a firewall can block Bluetooth connections ?! I have only the windows one, but if it blocks something it will ask first

bluetoothstackswitcher is really an alpha... it made a mess with my drivers... so i cleaned up a bit and reinstalled bluesoleil, my previous stack, now i m writing from the pandora and it s like 30 minutes that it s working like this.

i should do more tests, i started the connection from windows, while the master controll full interface was open, after i double clicked on the service, master control reported immediately connected and it was working... the next time i will try to connect from the pandora, but fist i want to see how long it can remain connected like this

oh, by the way, except for bluesoleil i didn t found any other stack able to detect my dongle... i m starting to think that maybe it s the dongle itself that is not so standard...

But if I remove the keyb service, windows will uncheck the HID service too...
The keyb service is not compatible to MC's service. Therefore you shouldn't mix them.

bluetoothstackswitcher is really an alpha... it made a mess with my drivers... so i cleaned up a bit and reinstalled bluesoleil, my previous stack, now i m writing from the pandora and it s like 30 minutes that it s working like this.

i should do more tests, i started the connection from windows, while the master controll full interface was open, after i double clicked on the service, master control reported immediately connected and it was working... the next time i will try to connect from the pandora, but fist i want to see how long it can remain connected like this
Well, that's a good start :)

Back