Win2X : Alternative Frontend

chp said:
rorque said:
so,no updates? ;]
Just joking.How long you stay in the army?
I will be in the army until next October... :(

Hey before you take off again can we get you to release the source :)
Id prefer putting it up in a public source control system i.e. sf.net or google code.

Last edited by a moderator:
chp said:
rorque said:
OMFG! :( Long time.
It is.But until then there will be at least one update.I am currently working on text viewer/editor for Win2X...

can you integrate it with win2x?

chp said:
rorque said:
can you integrate it with win2x?
Yes.It will be implemented as an internal Win2X utility.Like the image viewer.

Great!.Any support for TTF?I will be very happy to see support for polish national chars.Its problem with GPH ebook viewer.

rorque said:
Great!.Any support for TTF?I will be very happy to see support for polish national chars.Its problem with GPH ebook viewer.
Maybe in the future.For now, I'm setting it up on a basic format and it will only recognize text written in English.

Nice to see you back chp. :)

One tiny thing, on the (new) Win2X keyboard there's no '
Could this be added?

Cheers and all the best, Neil

chp said:
RocketNumber09 said:
Win2x is installed on the SD. The firmware is as it came. Nothing custom. And it seems like the NESemu may be having the most problems. I appreciate any help.
Hey,guys!Long time no see...

RocketNumber09, if Win2X is installed on your SD,then it wouldn't be your main frontend...How goes that?
Do you still have access to GPH's frontend or not at all?
If you don't then here's my advice: Download and flash the latest firmware,then install Win2X on NAND...
Otherwise,in case you have access in the original frontend then run "uninstall.gpe" and make a fresh installation of Win2X.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the help, CHP. I appreciate it. I'll give those fixes a shot.

Not to get off-topic, but has anyone tried the latest version of Win2X with the newest firmware release? I was curious to see if there were any compatibility issues before I upgraded.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51949-official-firmware-v1-2-1-released/

Thanks!

kart_racer3 said:
Not to get off-topic, but has anyone tried the latest version of Win2X with the newest firmware release? I was curious to see if there were any compatibility issues before I upgraded.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51949-official-firmware-v1-2-1-released/

Thanks!

Everything works fine.

Hi! I have only registered this forum just to contact with you. I don't know If you have knowledge about this.

I expose my problem: I have the wiz from some days ago.

Yesterday I installed Win2X application (was in my SD, and executed "install.gpe"), just to probe it (I knew I could execute it without installing but I wanted to probe this way).

Then, I unistalled it, and have some problems since then (I have the firmware 1.2.1 ).

1. I "official menu", when I connect the usb cable, I can plug with the PC only the SD card, not the NAND!!! When I choose the NAND option it does not work at all.

2. In didn't see any icon of the NAND (not videos, not flash games,...). Any submenu was empty in the NAND section.
I thought unistalling deleted all that data, but conecting to the NAND by executing Win2X (yes, I could only connect to the NAND only by using Win2X) showed to me I was wrong: data was there but "official menu" didn't show me.

I noticed an easy way to fix it: installing Win2X again. It solved all problems I had.
When in the downside bar of Win2X I goes to the official menu, there is no problem at all!! (I can connect NAND and see all files again)

So I supposed it is a bug on "unistall.gpe" file.
Could you take a look and may fix it??? I would like to solve this problems (and not by installing Win2X again, although it's a really great application :D )
Does anybody have the same problem and knows how to fix it??

Many thanks chp ,and sorry for my english (I'm from spain).

I have problems after uninstalling. Some of my emulators don't work, and the date goes to the 60's :blink:

JayWhite said:
I have problems after uninstalling. Some of my emulators don't work, and the date goes to the 60's :blink:

But can you connect the NAND with the PC by usb from the official menu?? And do you see the NAND content in the official menu???I can't...

Think the solution is to reflash firm 1.2.1 again... probe it and tell us.

Regards

I am making my own "Menu launcher"(app from what you could choose what menu will you use after every end of the game) and i would like to have win2x icon for it... could someone make me a 65x75 icon, where 65 wolud be height and 75 would be width... i would also like a logo of wiz itself for the classic menu icon...

win2xicon.png

http://plastic-demo.org/win2xicon.png

Thats ok?

rorque said:
win2xicon.png

Thats ok?

It's really good, but there shouldn't be a wiz logo for Win2x, because some people could think that's the original menu... I have to get something that won't confuse people.
BTW, where have you got the texture, i would like to use that flame for classic menu icon.
Edit: only thing that needs to change is the texture... but anyway, thanks!

forces/before said:
rorque said:
win2xicon.png

Thats ok?

It's really good, but there shouldn't be a wiz logo for Win2x, because some people could think that's the original menu... I have to get something that won't confuse people.
BTW, where have you got the texture, i would like to use that flame for classic menu icon.
Edit: only thing that needs to change is the texture... but anyway, thanks!

here

http://img370.imageshack.us/i/wizlogogi2.jpg/

you have wiz logo in good quality,and My link you have new icon.

Back