LCD comes on when coming out of low power mode

may88

I'm using the Pandora as an MP3 player (deadbeef) and I find the most effective was to pause it, if I need to take a call, is to switch the Pandora to low power mode.

The case is normally closed and remains closed but I have noticed that when power is restored the LCD comes one. Opening and closing the lid is needed to switch it off again.

I have hotfix5 installed.

This seems about right as default behaviour. I'm using HF6a4 here but the result is the same.

The default is to switch off the screen on lid close.

Then you get your call and hit low power. (with the lid closed)

The screen stays off but the LED power light dims.

You then re-hit the power switch and resume full power (with the lid still closed) and the screen comes on again, (whilst the lid is closed).

If you now hit low power again, the screen will go out.

But if you dont, the Pandora will remain in full power mode with the screen on but the lid still closed, until you open and close the lid, as you say.

This is probably the screen lid magnets in play, in that they need to have an event occur, to recognise the need for the screen to stay off. (?)

In HF6a4 however, if you have enabled the 'Lid Close Settings' and set them to 'Low Power on lid close' then this does something stranger.

Enable the setting.

Close the lid and it goes to low power mode.

Hit the power switch and the screen comes on, whilst its closed.

Open the lid and the screen goes off and it re-enters low power mode. (rather than staying ON) So its now reversed.

Re-opening/closing the lid, still leaves the Pandora in low power mode with the screen off.

Hitting the power switch (to full power) with the lid open, wakes the Pandora back up again.

Hitting the power switch (to full power) with the lid closed, causes all lid movements beyond the first (switches back to low power) to be ignored thereafter.

God I am easily amused
laugh.gif

Edit : If that made any sense, you should follow Cricket

"You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back