Will We All Have Our Pandora's By Xmas?

pandoria said:
I know there's no definite dates, but with all the info about CE testing and the mass production of the PCB's, whats the likelihood off all of us receiving our pandora's before xmas.
I must be order no 3950 approx., so i may have longer too wait than some :(

Yes, if we go to China to get the moulds...because it seems they are not in a hurry at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to guess I'd say we'll be seeing the 105 shipped in the last few days of november, and the rest shipped around dec. 10th....

but that's just baseless speculation ;]

andyB911 said:
I was chuckling at this... when it occurred to me that if, by some miracle we are at the 'real' (yes, I know... stop kidding myself) but if we were at the 'real' 2 months to go point, and it was dispatched on 15th Dec, with the UK post strike I probably wouldn't get it till March.

I would hope that OP will be using an alternative delivery service. There are plenty of companies who have decided to give up on Royal Mail.

El Jefe said:
Gary13579 said:
Haha, amazing come back. I just recently saw that video actually.

Did he really fall? I thought it was staged for a bit.

After watching the video again I feel stupid for posting that :\.
I see you found the edit button, now how about using it to not make yourself look like a dumbass, instead of telling us you feel like the dumbass you are

Is it mandatory on this forum to be a prick to every person you see? Well then, let me have a go.

First, I never edit a post to remove information from it. That is childish. I would rather look like an idiot than immature. If you do have a problem with my posts, guess what? Fuck off. I don't care, and I'm fairly sure no one else cares. If you see a post you don't like... skip it.

Next up, calling me names. I'm a dumb ass, am I? Well, from my entire two seconds of looking into who you are and why I should give two shits, I found this. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49842-how-do-i-computer/page__p__760718&#entry760718

"I realize java is super slow" - proper Java could can run nearly as fast as native C++. Not as fast, sure, but pretty damn close. Java IS NOT slow, the idiots who use it are.

"openGL wont work, but openGL ES 2.0 and 1.1 will.... how can I set up my system to compile these? I'm on a mac btw, that may be an issue." - You could find these answers faster on Google than it took you to type it out.

"Seems like c++ is the main code used to program for the pandora... is this indeed the case?" - nearly any language that will output ARM code could be used. Most VM's will be ported. This is common sense stuff you could find on Google 10 years ago.

That is from a *single* one of your posts. I am already tired of the hostility on this forum, and I just recently joined.

I've gotta side with gary on this one, el jefe's remark was unprovoked & out of line.

Can we please stay on topic, I don't want this topic locked before we get a comment from someone on the OP team. I think it's a fair question to ask & it's one that deserves an answer.

Yup. Think there was supposed to be some kind of joke there...

peca said:
It does highlight just how naive everyone, including the devs (or at list Craig), were of the process. When he posted that, to the best of my knowledge, they hadn't even started the case moulding. There was no way they were going to be able to finish that and pop out 4000 completed consoles in Two Months(tm).
Either Craig was as ignorant as everyone else, or knew very well that there wasn't a chance of getting things finished that year and was giving us false hope. I prefer to believe the former.
inb4 ZOMG SCAMXORZ.

I'm pretty confident in a pre-Christmas release, although the fact that the Pandora was at one point due to be released before Christmas of last year is slightly perplexing to me. In fact, I reckon because there was a big delay, there's less likely to be a delay this time since they're more organised. I think there are less things that could ge wrong now then there was before. I'm quite new here, so I could easily be proved wrong. :(

JackTheKnife said:
I have got an e-mail from OP sale department about mid NOV as a shipping time.

Just curious, did you ask them specifically? Or did it come with an order confirmation?

I have got that e-mail when I paid for Pandora (almost 2 weeks ago).

"It's due to be shipped around mid November.

Thanks

Debs"

JackTheKnife said:

Thanks

Debs"

Cool! Didn't have anything like that in my payment confirmation. I wonder if they are talking about yours in particular, or just starting to ship in general...

JackTheKnife said:

Thanks

Debs"

Yes, but they do not say of wich year...
:p
My email confirmation says "expected september"

Back