Will this run?

No no, you got it wrong. It doesn't have to do anything with the processor being arm or software being video games.

All software needs to be compiled for the processor architecture it is supposed to run on. That means: if you can provide the sourcecode, it possibly can be ported. Now the reason why lots of video games will not run is because they need OpenGL. This is a problem that we cannot get around easily. There is glshim which enables a sort of translation of OpenGL calls to OpenGL ES calls but it's a lot of work and will not cover every case. The Pandora supports OpenGL ES. Google earth runs on android device so I guess it supports OpenGL ES, then again this is for android. Have you tried google earth on pandora android?

I don't know if google music can be ported. Fact is all software needs to be compiled from source. There is a player on the repo that will access google music though: tomahawk 

No need for the app.

EDIT: I can't find source code for the linux native googlemusic program, only for the android app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to suggest this, or even say it's feasable, as I'm only asking this for curiosity's sake. Would it at all be possible to port the android app to Linux, given enough time and work? Like, translate all the SurfaceFlinger code to X11 code?

Again, not saying someone should even attempt this, I'm only asking if it would be possible.

Back