Will The Pandora Be Finished And Ship By May Of 2010

Will Pandora be Ready by 05/2010?

• Total voters

Xian Long said:
aesir's so cool i think he's my hero i am fapping to his posts

I have to admit, he comes across as a very manly man. If ever I was to turn gay, he'd be first on my list of potential shags.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrBlais said:
When did you become such an ass, Aesir? Don't demean yourself, you're going to start flame wars.

i'm just a bit defensive and very argumentative. this xian long guy has been a thorn in my side too.

Xian Long said:
i don't mean to hold a grudge or anything, just found your posts a bit funny. i apologize if you think i hate you or something.

thanks, i appreciate it. anyways, i see that craigix and MWeston voted yes on this poll. does that mean that we might actually get them sometime in march? is it really almost time?

aesir911 said:
i see that craigix and MWeston voted yes on this poll. does that mean that we might actually get them sometime in march? is it really almost time?
Wait, the people behind the project voted for the most positive result? How surprising. I have nothing bad to say about them, but that could be as much as PR, it doesn't mean anything. For the record, I voted 'Most Likely'.

I take the fact that they have ordered parts for the 2nd batch as a better proof of their confidence that batch 1 will ship soon. But we all know it's not just up to them on how long things take.

I am beginning to doubt we'll see the Pandora any time soon again.

I actually got caught up in the hype of the first few Pandora's shipping before Christmas, so much so that I was debating if I would need to alter my delivery address as I was away for a month! I feel a little silly, to be honest, as I'd always been on the safely cynical side up until that point. I'm firmly back there now. Even if the cases do arrive and are approved, there's still sooo much to do. And given that so far something has gone wrong at pretty much *every* stage of development, that means there's still sooo many things to go wrong.

I think about this time last year I predicted July/August. I'm going to do the same again this year :(

Pleng said:
Even if the cases do arrive and are approved, there's still sooo much to do. And given that so far something has gone wrong at pretty much *every* stage of development, that means there's still sooo many things to go wrong.

Surely if they've had such bad luck with every other stage of development before, they'll be due for some good luck now? ;)

fraseyboy said:
Surely if they've had such bad luck with every other stage of development before, they'll be due for some good luck now? ;)

It's that kind of attitude that let to Craig being 'willing to say' they would ship in June. And to say that they 'will ship in October' and that 'the first units will ship before Christmas'

LUMINOUS said:
I think that threads like these are asking for a delay (such as May 2010)

In that case, I would like the devs to push it back to August 2010 if possible, as that suits my needs better. Ta!

D.

BackAssward said:
aesir911 said:
i see that craigix and MWeston voted yes on this poll. does that mean that we might actually get them sometime in march? is it really almost time?
Wait, the people behind the project voted for the most positive result? How surprising. I have nothing bad to say about them, but that could be as much as PR, it doesn't mean anything. For the record, I voted 'Most Likely'.

I remember in a business communications class I took we were taught to always OVER estimate the time it would take to get something done when communicating with customers. This way, they expect things to take long and are pleasantly surprised when they do not. Clearly this team has not done that- maybe because they were overly optimistic to an extreme. I can't help but feel like I'm being carrotted along though.

My vote was yes on this poll though. Maybe that's naive, and the more I wait the more I'm feeling like I might be :(

TheRain said:
BackAssward said:
aesir911 said:

I remember in a business communications class I took we were taught to always OVER estimate the time it would take to get something done when communicating with customers. This way, they expect things to take long and are pleasantly surprised when they do not. Clearly this team has not done that- maybe because they were overly optimistic to an extreme. I can't help but feel like I'm being carrotted along though.

My vote was yes on this poll though. Maybe that's naive, and the more I wait the more I'm feeling like I might be :(
To be fair, no company I have ever worked for has over-estimated. They always give the best case scenario, and were always wrong. See, there is a gap between sales and production. The sales people always give the best estimate to get the sale, then the people actually producing are made to be the bad guys.

Honestly, what your class taught you is never implemented in the real world. To teach such a thing is silly and not preparing for how things actually go. If sales people were honest, they might not get the sale and lose their commission. To them, better give the happy unicorn version, get their money, then blame the production people for failing to meet the time-frame.

Just a little real-life 101.

Back