Will Mafia Wars On Facebook Work?

puppydee

Linux Virgin!
Website
Visit site
I recently started playing Mafia Wars on Facebook and just wondered if I'll be able to play it on my Pandora? I know facebook should work but I'm not sure about the game :)
It's this game btw http://www.zynga.com/games/index.php?game=mafiawars

I've never played it either because it sounds stupid, but I think it's just some Javascript crap. As long as it doesn't use Flash or anything, it should work fine.

I don't go on facebook, but people at work keep going on about this and some farming one haha

PoisonedV said:
The real problem here is why would you want to play it
Because he likes it, isn't you, and wants to know. Great input btw.

Edit @V: oh I see... he added by saying it should work but looks like crap. You don't see the difference between adding to the conversation (even with a negative tone) and just spouting negative remarks? It's not the first recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey! it`s PoisonedV, at least some things have remained the same, he`s still the same old crabby antisocial monster he always was, kinda brings a tear to the eye...LOL

BackAssward said:
PoisonedV said:

You gonna get lulzfish, too, pally?

mafiawars... thats as bad as farmville...
and its flash im pretty sure, so that wont work... yet...

PoisonedV said:
BackAssward said:
PoisonedV said:

You gonna get lulzfish, too, pally?
As stated above, so long as it isn't Flash it should work.

@PoisonedV
Please, stop it. If you have nothing of value to contribute, don't.
I, quite frankly, don't and won't play Mafia Wars because IMO I don't like playing the bad guy. But don't dis somebody's taste. It's in poor taste.

There is no taste in facebook games.
They are absolute crap, inundated with ads, and stupid ploys to get you to spam your friends with invites to sign up for the application. The facebook apps scene is a mess, and farmville and mafia wars made by zynga games are perpetrators. Though of relatively high quality for facebook, they are still steaming piles of shit(I've had to sit through a chemistry class where my teacher explained how if you trap your farmville character in hay bales, it makes the farming go faster)

El Jefe said:
There is no taste in facebook games.
They are absolute crap, inundated with ads, and stupid ploys to get you to spam your friends with invites to sign up for the application. The facebook apps scene is a mess, and farmville and mafia wars made by zynga games are perpetrators. Though of relatively high quality for facebook, they are still steaming piles of shit(I've had to sit through a chemistry class where my teacher explained how if you trap your farmville character in hay bales, it makes the farming go faster)

I can't believe I'm agreeing with *him*... but I am. Please don't taint your pandora with this garbage.

jeez, people need to lighten up. I, for one, missed PoisonedV's unabashed commentary. People shouldn't take shit so seriously, this is the internet, and PoisonedV's remarks usually aren't aimed at anyone in particular. No one is safe, and everyone's a target. Whilst some may see him as insensitive, I think he fills a necessary role as both an agent of negativity & as comic relief. This specific comment isn't even really offensive, he's merely voicing his opinion, I don't see why everyone's jumping on him. Are we not allowed to say we don't like something if it contradicts someone else's taste?

so,welcome back PoisonedV (yah i kno u never really left, but u weren't posting for a while & there were many times where I read a post & said to myself 'gee, I wish PoisonedV were here to tear them apart in a cheeky manner') =]

I think it would be great to add farmville to the promotional posters, being the elite game that it is I am sure people will flock to the pandora.

For some reason I play Mafia Wars. I agree, it is kind of lame, but I still play it every day. It's just like that horrible Zork game. Pure crap with "buy in" incentive. Would be cool to be able to do some jobs on the Pandora.

socket said:
For some reason I play Mafia Wars. I agree, it is kind of lame, but I still play it every day. It's just like that horrible Zork game. Pure crap with "buy in" incentive. Would be cool to be able to do some jobs on the Pandora.

Zork a bad game? You should get banned ASAP!

Infocom_logo.png

teenage_zombie_500.jpg

Oh god, childhood flashbacks. Infocom was amazing.

I've got a manual that came with an infocom bundle, had pretty much all of the Zork games... The manual had a hilarious application to sign up for some intergalactic war. I remember one of the first questions was "Are you blind?", it had a normal size check box for no, and then a gigantic check box for yes.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of that online? My copy is probably lost by now...

Edit: I managed to find a part of it, unfortunately not a scan but just a typed version. Either way, enjoy :p.

FIND OUT IF YOU'RE STELLAR PATROL MATERIAL--TODAY!

This incredibly comprehensive questionnaire was prepared totally in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Eighth Division Codes of the Third Galactic Union.

To help your recruitment officer determine the best positions for you when you join the Stellar Patrol, fill out the entire questionnaire honestly and without help from family members or friends.

Note: Although most of this data is on Permafile at Third Galactic Union Central Headquarters and can be verified instantly, this is our only method for determining how closely you adhere to the standard code of honor.

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES
1. Color of eyes: ______________________________________
Do you need glasses or corrective surgery on your eyes?
YES / no

2. Color of hair: ______________________________________
Present hair length: On head: __________________________
Elsewhere (specify): _________________
Are you bald? yes / no / receding hairline

3. Height (check one):
Below 1.5 meters but willing to undergo Artificial Elongation Therapy to meet Stellar Patrol requirements
Below 1.5 meters and unwilling to undergo A.E.T.
Between 1.5 and 3 meters
Above 3 meters but willing to undergo Artificial Shrinkage Therapy to meet Stellar Patrol requirements
Above 3 meters and unwilling to undergo A.S.T.

4. Respiratory functions: Can you breathe through your:
nose
mouth
both nose and mouth
neither nose and mouth
none of the above

Do you smoke?
often
sometimes
never
never looked

5. How would you describe your overall physical health?
Excellent
Good
Fair
Poor
Notify my next of kin immediately

EDUCATION/PERSONAL BACKGROUND
6. Have you finished high school or do you know someone who has?
yes / no / not sure

7. I am able to communicate with others:
in Galalingua
in monosyllabic grunts
via Astronmet's Universal Sign Language
not at all

8. Do you have any experience:
a. using a megaplenoscope? yes / no
b. operating a Schistosoma detector? yes / no
c. actuating a seroepidemiological cyclodiathermy laser? yes / no
d. doing laundry? yes / no
e. other (specify): ________________________________

9. What are your interests and hobbies? (Check up to three)
Jogging
Traveling
Playing Double Fanucci
Moving mounds of dirt
from location to location
Climbing trees Scratching
Climbing walls
Writing manuals
Reading manuals
Thinking
Thinking out loud/talking to yourself
Filling out questionnaires
Drooling
Being miserable
Apologizing

10. In ten words or less, describe the very reason for your existence:

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE
11. Which of the following would you be willing to do for your Union?
die
die slowly
die slowly and painfully
read an Infocom instruction material
none of the above

12. I am most attracted to:
beings who are superior to myself in rank
beings of the opposite sex
beings of the same sex
beings of no sex
myself

13. Do you suffer from any mental disorders that would prevent you from participating in laboratory experiments?
it doesn't matter; I'll do whatever I am told
no
definitely not

14. My favorite form of recreation is:
mopping up after slimy beings who are superior to myself in rank
dueling with laser bazookas at two paces
forcing people to read Infocom manuals

15. Do you enjoy working with:
people? yes / no
animals? yes / no
plants? yes / no
aliens? yes / no
finger paints? yes / no

16. Patience factor: Stand in a corner of the room facing the wall for as long as you can. Don't continue reading until you stop. Now, write here how long you stood: _______ (in days).

17. Hydrophobia factor: Chain yourself to a rock underwater for as long as you can. Don't continue reading until you stop. Now write here how long you held your breath: _______ (in days).

18. Monotony factor: Repeat number 17 above as many times as you can. Don't continue reading until you stop. Now, write here whether you were really gullible enough to repeat number 17: _______.

LOGICAL REASONING ABILITIES
19. FOOT is to SHOE as FINGER is to
a. Nose
b. Eye
c. Ear
d. Mouse
e. Donut
f. Honesty

20. RAIN is to SNOW as GROTCH is to:
a. Leopard
b. Hurricane
c. Amoeba
d. Cage
e. a and b, and maybe c and d
f. 3.14159

21. HULL is to SPACESHIP as SKIN is to:
a. Glove
b. Cat
c. Thermonuclear fusion
d. Titanium
e. Burn
f. Muffin

22. In what year was the Intergalactic Commerce Act passed?

23. Who invented light deceleration process known as slow glass?

24. Name the act passed in 11,205 GY to strengthen the Planetary Commerce Act. _______________________________

25. Name the year in which Arnold Guunuf invented slow glass.

26. The Intergalactic Commerce Act, passed in 11,205 GY, strengthened what earlier act? ________________________

27. In 11,210, a glazier named Arnold Guunuf invented a light deceleration process. Name it. _______________________

28. What is the answer to this question? __________________

29. Three couples (the Phariixes, the Boorbs, and the Keqrees) were seated at a circular table playing Partnership Fanucci. They were a cosmobiologist, a gravity engineer, a sleep technician, an ambassador, a fusion supervisor, and an editor; and they were originally from Gallium, Legllama, Granjil-6, Storvbay, Ansill, and Jaaggo. Each male sat between two females, and no one sat next to their spouse.

From the following information, determine where each person sat, what profession each had, and what planet each came from.

a. The Ansillan sat between cosmobiologist and one of the Keqrees.
b. The female Phariix was seated across the table from the gravity engineer.
c. The male on the fusion supervisor's left sat across from the person from Granjil-6.
d. The ambassador was seated between the Jaaggoian and the editor. One of these three was the male Boorb.
e. The Storvbayite sat on the right of the Galliumian. Neither of them was a Keqree.
f. The sleep technician sat across from the Legllaman. One of them sat next to fusion supervisor.

30. Four robotic satellites were designed to do the following: YA3 to find drifting garbage, JP7 to transport the garbage, SEM6 to turn the garbage into energy, and MD8 to distribute the energy. As Destiny would have it, however, YA3 found more drifting garbage than the other three satellites could process. Based on the following clues, determine who designed the satellites.

a. YA3 did not understand signals transmitted in Galalinguan.
b. JP7 made no distinction between garbage and energy.
c. SEM6 made no distinction between garbage and YA3.
d. MD8 transmitted signals to YA3 only in Galalingiuan.

Submit this completed questionnaire to a Stellar Patrol recruiter. If you qualify for the Patrol, you will be notified within two chrons.

socket said:
Are you kidding me? Zork 1-3 is fantastic

PoisonedV said:
socket said:
Are you kidding me? Zork 1-3 is fantastic

I'm with you all the way (been playing Zork 1 on me Husky Hunter recently), but I do believe socket is referring to an online abomination called "Legends of Zork". It does indeed emit the odor of the pile outside the stalls in Farmville.

Back