Will <Insert Name Here> Work On The Pandora?

Hook, line and sinker. :D

Also, good luck pretending to be new with over twothousand posts and a join date 4 years in the past :p Good show!

(naw)mcx said:
Ah, what a sad life I lead, getting kicks from pretending to be new at a forum :)
What'll make you sadder is the fact that there are people on this very board with hundreds of posts that would have asked a similar question in all seriousness.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a TV series for children called "Sesamstraße". Their song goes "...wieso, weshalb, warum - wer nicht fragt bleibt dumm..."
Freely translated "who doesn't ask stays dumb" ;)

mali said:
There is a TV series for children called "Sesamstraße". Their song goes "...wieso, weshalb, warum - wer nicht fragt bleibt dumm..."
Freely translated "who doesn't ask stays dumb" ;)

Who doesn't research is even dumber, though.
(also, that's sesame street :))

(naw)mcx said:
Who doesn't research is even dumber, though.
(also, that's sesame street :) )
Some people need more help than others and it's my experience that if you have pointed them in the right direction a few times they start researching. Yelling works too, but it ruins the atmosphere ;)
*me goes picking flowers*

TrashyMG said:
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness , my all time favorite RTS.. Looks fairly good on DOSBOX performance.. Been Itching to play this with a touch screen and stylus.

Code:
MS-DOS / Windows 3.1 / Windows 95:

- 33 MHz 486 or faster
 - 8 MB of RAM
 - Super VGA graphics card
 - Hard drive
 - CD-ROM drive (To view the animations from the cd, your CD-ROM drive must be double-speed or faster)
Despite it's high-ish system requirements, Skeezix had some luck with WC2 under DOSbox.

Chip said:
TrashyMG said:
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness , my all time favorite RTS.. Looks fairly good on DOSBOX performance.. Been Itching to play this with a touch screen and stylus.

Code:
MS-DOS / Windows 3.1 / Windows 95:

- 33 MHz 486 or faster
 - 8 MB of RAM
 - Super VGA graphics card
 - Hard drive
 - CD-ROM drive (To view the animations from the cd, your CD-ROM drive must be double-speed or faster)
Despite it's high-ish system requirements, Skeezix had some luck with WC2 under DOSbox.

I used to play Warcraft II on my AMD 386 DX 40mhz and played smooth.. Although that processor was prob equivalent to a 486SX 33mhz.

QuickMAN would be nice, its a realtime Mandelbrot viewer - appears to be written in c++, here's the sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/quickman/

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have a question. I am thinking about getting some nice controllers for my Pandora but I want to make sure they are compatible. Would I be able to play an emulator on Pandora with a Hori PS3 arcade stick (the arcade stick has a cord only, not BT wireless), and maybe at the same time have a 2nd player using a wireless PS3 pad using Blue tooth? Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this is answered already elsewhere.

Black Ice said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have a question. I am thinking about getting some nice controllers for my Pandora but I want to make sure they are compatible. Would I be able to play an emulator on Pandora with a Hori PS3 arcade stick (the arcade stick has a cord only, not BT wireless), and maybe at the same time have a 2nd player using a wireless PS3 pad using Blue tooth? Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this is answered already elsewhere.
You'd only be able to plug the stick in if it's USB, and even then it would be uncertain whether drivers exist.
However, I believe there are drivers for using standard PS3 pads with bluetooth on linux.

Don't forget you'll have the Pandora controls available for one of the players though. :)

Oh my, this thread's back. I totally forgot about it... And Chip's here too? Talk about a blast from the past.

Hey Guys!

I am wondering about vpn client software. My desktop uses vpnc to connect to work, but I believe there are other open source options. Has anyone looked into any vpn client on the pandora?

All right. So the ebook thread popped up a second ago and now this thread comes back up. Lurked since early concept and call for preorders and finally pulled the trigger on two pandoras with the intention of audio work (yes I've read the threads about this too). So a question; using make and build type programs with regards to dependencies and what not;
can I d/l the source to puredata extended and just make/install that jazz? If djwillis or a skilled dev shoot out what I'm missing on this idea please chime in. Either way im gonna rock this machine VERY hard!

DifferentKindOfGeek said:
All right. So the ebook thread popped up a second ago and now this thread comes back up. Lurked since early concept and call for preorders and finally pulled the trigger on two pandoras with the intention of audio work (yes I've read the threads about this too). So a question; using make and build type programs with regards to dependencies and what not;
can I d/l the source to puredata extended and just make/install that jazz? If djwillis or a skilled dev shoot out what I'm missing on this idea please chime in. Either way im gonna rock this machine VERY hard!
Considering here under the heading Building PD - There are instructions for Android and iPhone it should be possible. There may be some dependency issues which will prevent a simple download/compile scenario. Certain extensions, like the ones that require GEM, will likely not work because of OpenGL dependence.

That's a shame with regards to opengl, I wonder if the PIDIP (PDP) library is free of that particular nastiness... I would like to process a webcam input live a bit on these machines, and I'm totally unskilled with coding so somehow fudging GEM would be near impossible for me... shame, really I don't use any of the opengl rendering with that library and only perform minimal effects on the video so we shall see... <sniffle>

Is VMWare or Virtualbox possible on the Pandora ? i have been looking to see if
it can be run on arm but not sure if it has been ported or not ,also i dont
know if the source is availible for any of these but i thought these apps were
linux built ? i could be wrong as i know little of them apart from how to use.

I don't know if it's been asked already ,tho prolly has been ,and i have searched
first but for some reason the search aint working out.

Is there any other virtualisation software for linux that is open source ?
my wish is to run windowsME

Paddy

Back