Wifi, Bt, Sd1 And Sd2 Activity Logos ?

I really like the designs for the activity logos PhenXDesign... they would look good on the pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
'EvilDragon' said:
'adamorjames' said:
It's not like any of this is going to be used.. ED and such will probably just do what they want. Nice try though. :lol:
And why exactly shouldn't we use them?

Got the possible word from ED himself.
I hope they are used.
The generic stuff is excellent.
The creative commons license is a real good idea.

yeah I think some people missed the idea that he's showing the logos that would require a licence and then also showing his alternatives that can be used in place of those to avoid fees.

The logos presented are just fine though they might be a little hard to read if the printing process can't get that much detail in the required size.

Ferinstance: Let's say you created these in Illustrator if you designed these in a stroke weith of say 3 and the tightest the printer can get is 5 then the logos will look like nothing more than an ugly drop of paint. So it'd help if we knew the capabilities of the printing process.

'spaceballs3000' said:
If I remember right, if the SD slot ends up using the SDIO protocol (4-bit and higher) Logo or not you will need to get an license. But if you use MMC/SPI only then it's ok as SPI/MMC has open spec protocol (i.e. Dataflash), but it's going to communicate run a lot slower than SDIO.

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/join/licensing
http://www.sdcard.org/developers/faq/#licenseforlogo
Let's forget about the licensed logos ;)

'greendots' said:
I really like the designs for the activity logos PhenXDesign... they would look good on the pandora :)
Thank you !

'j.pickens' said:
'EvilDragon' said:
'adamorjames' said:
It's not like any of this is going to be used.. ED and such will probably just do what they want. Nice try though. :lol:
And why exactly shouldn't we use them?

Got the possible word from ED himself.
I hope they are used.
The generic stuff is excellent.
The creative commons license is a real good idea.

I contacted him, he told he liked the logos, and that they might be used.
How can I release them under CC ? I've added the CC logo for the second row on the image.

'Alpha2' said:
yeah I think some people missed the idea that he's showing the logos that would require a licence and then also showing his alternatives that can be used in place of those to avoid fees.

The logos presented are just fine though they might be a little hard to read if the printing process can't get that much detail in the required size.

Ferinstance: Let's say you created these in Illustrator if you designed these in a stroke weith of say 3 and the tightest the printer can get is 5 then the logos will look like nothing more than an ugly drop of paint. So it'd help if we knew the capabilities of the printing process.
Yep, I also think some people missed that, to avoid any other doubt, I've added the R logo and the CC logos on the image.
I don't know about the printing resolution, but I think it might be like on any mobile console: very precise, so they would be little, but readable (hope so).

''''PhenXDesign'''' said:
I contacted him, he told he liked the logos, and that they might be used.
How can I release them under CC ? I've added the CC logo for the second row on the image.
You can use the Creative Commons licence generator here..
http://creativecommons.org/license

Just choose the options for the licence and it will build it up for you.

Then all you need to do is let people know what licence you've released them under in your first post :D

EDIT: The headphones look good, but should curl in more on the bottom rather than going straight down IMO..
MultimediaHeadphonesDigital%20Pioneer%20007Hi-Fi%20FM%20Wireless.gif

The logo will also take up a little less room this way.

Those headphones look like a power symbol. Don't want people to get confused. :p

'WizardStan' said:
Those headphones look like a power symbol. Don't want people to get confused. :p
I didn't mean with the wireless tower in the middle, that was just the only picture I could find of a mostly straight on shot. Except these ones..
swarovski_dj-headphones1.jpg

..and I didn't want people to start talking ;)

I think the box on the BT logo should be twisted horizontally to more accurately reflect the shape of the Pandora. Also, I think that would just look a bit nicer. :D

Jeez, I only just understood this! That's brilliant, they should defiantly be in consideration.

I'll update the logos, sorry for the late reply.
I'm goin to add a vector version of the logos too.

''Vorporeal'' said:
I think the box on the BT logo should be twisted horizontally to more accurately reflect the shape of the Pandora. Also, I think that would just look a bit nicer. :D
i've just noticed the bluetooth logo, when seen sideways, really resembles the Banpresto logo :huh:
maybe it's just me? :blink:

btw, really nice work there :)

ps: when will this forum be correct once again? =`( just a quick edit and bang, it's all messed up

'.Gogeta§§J4BR.' said:
''''Vorporeal'''' said:
i''ve just noticed the bluetooth logo, when seen sideways, really resembles the Banpresto logo :huh:
maybe it''s just me? :blink:

btw, really nice work there :)

ps: when will this forum be correct once again? =`( just a quick edit and bang, it's all messed up

Yes, it's just you :)
It is the licensed logo of the Bluetooth, I don't think it will be used on the Pandora because of copyrights, etc

Nice work Phenx, the headphones definitely look better with that little bit of curving added to them :)

Polossatik posted on May 19 2009 at 06:01 PM said:
lovely, I hope ED uses them....
I don't mind having CC logos, except for Bluetooth. Not that his Bluetooth logo is bad, it's just that I think the actual bluetooth logo would be better suited. BTW, love that headphones icon.

-God Ginrai

Back