Why Should We Buy This Gpx2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have a lot of good stuff available on the gp32. If all that happens is that this stuff is ported to the gpx2, I will be sticking with my gp32. No point in paying for a new console which plays the same stuff as the one you already have. However, if they get it to emulate the following systems, I would defintely get one:

Amiga
Sega 32x

I will get it for the homebrew and SNES possibilities hands down. And also come competition time, I wanna be able to have lots to play.

I just wanna add in that you cant compare GP2X to DS that way. DS has a second screen on which you look on. If you where to control the game like metroid on DS. You would be blocking the screen yourself with the thumb.

RatchetMan posted on Sep 1 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
We already have a lot of good stuff available on the gp32. If all that happens is that this stuff is ported to the gpx2, I will be sticking with my gp32. No point in paying for a new console which plays the same stuff as the one you already have. However, if they get it to emulate the following systems, I would defintely get one:

Amiga
Sega 32x

I see where you are coming from. I'm more concerened about losing a lot of stuff if I move to the GPX2. I want everything ported.

I do think like you that the biggest competitor to the GP2X is the GP32 and they will have to prove its capabilities early!!

I could safely add quake1,decent,snes,gba to that list

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, you're forgetting that not every genesis game works perfectly with DrMD, and some aren't quite fullspeed. Sonic 3, for example... the video is like 99%, but the sound is about 95% speed... it's not a huge difference, and certainly nothing to get pissed off about, but if perfection is possible, why NOT take it? Unless your GP32 is overclocked like mad, you'll experience the same slowdowns as everybody else. So the GPX2 will offer us the same stuff plus more. I don't care if everything gets ported or not, just as long as we have equivalents to replace whatever we lose. In other words, if OSNES9XGP doesn't get ported, I don't really care, just as long as another equally good or better SNES emulator is there to replace it. And the same goes for every other emulator on the GP32 and program that I use. Think about it this way... I'm not getting rid of my GP32, so if something can't be

Magus 86 posted on Aug 31 2005 at 09:50 PM said:
Oh shit, you're so right... I've never touched a touch screen before... Damn, you're good. Watch out, Mr. Holmes, OrR is hot on your heels, and he's about to put you out of business!

Are your retarded? Do you really think I'm gonna hate something I've never used before? "Why not play MMORPGs," you ask??? Hmm... MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S NOT MMO if YOU'RE NOT ONLINE. MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online... last time I checked, most handheld game systems don't have internet support... and if they do, then the point of having a handheld is defeated, because you have to be within a certain radius of whatever your internet connection is coming from, whether it's a wireless router/modem, phone jack, or ethernet cable connected to a router/modem. handheld is for portability, and if you have to stay in a certain area, you're not exactly moving, or at least not moving much, so you're not really PORTING the system anywhere...

By the way, I don't know about you, but I tend to not like my screens scratched all to hell or full of fingerprints, so why the hell would I want a touch screen? Using a touch screen saves maybe a second or 2 when dealing with menus, depending on how they're set up. It's not enough of an advantage/benefit... it's not worth it. Touchscreen does absolutely nothing that can't be done with simple buttons.

It doesn't work as well as two analog sticks, because with analog sticks, there's actual feedback that you can feel. Usually in console FPSs, how far you push the right analog sticks determines how fast you look around. With a touch screen, you don't have any of that. You can't feel how far you're "pushing." It's awkward.

Okay... most RPGs have menus... yes, that's correct. But guess what... In those menus, your entire selection doesn't appear all at once. Which means that rather than just pressing up or down on the d-pad and holding it, you'd have to be able to press an arrow or drag some kind of scroll bar until you find what you want and then touch the screen where your selection is... that doesn't make it any easier. Like someone already said, having to take out the stylus(yeah, yeah, you just use your finger, I know, but either way your screen gets messed up, whether it's scratched by the stylus or left with fingerprints all over it, and I don't want either one), start poking the screen, and then put it back would actually take longer than to just use the buttons. The only way it can be faster is if the game is specifically made with the touch screen in mind, and how many RPGs do you know of that are made that way? Only PC RPGs like Neverwinter Nights and Runescape can benefit from touch screen if they're on a handheld, but there's no point in playing them on a handheld, and I've already explained why.

"I've tried something and like it... Therefore, I can safely arrive at the conclusion that there is no way in hell somebody else tried it because he doesn't like it... As we all know, everybody is a carbon copy of me, so everybody else who tries something that I've tried and like has to like it as well. HOORAY FOR STUPIDITY!"
I have no problem with fingerprints. That does not mean that they don't bother me, it means that there are none on my screen. There are also no scratches.
Last time I checked, PSP, N-Gage, Zodiac, PDAs and soon DS all were online. The sentence "most handheld game systems don't have internet support" might still be true but only if you include past generations. Internet can work in many ways. Wifi is in a certain area, you could play in your bed, in a train or in town. You could also use a mobile phone for connection but that's damn expensive at the moment. I use my handhelds at home mostly so Wifi would be perfect for me.
The only way it can be faster is if the game is specifically made with the touch screen in mind, and how many RPGs do you know of that are made that way?
Well, I know a number of PalmOS RPGs. Legacy is the best one and the touchscreen/button combination works great. It makes the game much more enjoyable than a similar RPG made with only buttons in mind would be. Touchscreen is even better for menus than a mouse since you don't have to drag a big heavy thing across the table. ;) You only move your thumbs, not your arm.
"I've tried something and like it... Therefore, I can safely arrive at the conclusion that there is no way in hell somebody else tried it because he doesn't like it... As we all know, everybody is a carbon copy of me, so everybody else who tries something that I've tried and like has to like it as well. HOORAY FOR STUPIDITY!"
Yeah, that's pretty much right. And everyone IS a carbon copy of a common ancestor. :p As far as I know that is what carbon copy means... ;)

Oh well, forget it. I'm getting a GP2X and I'm going to try to help make it an awesome, successful Indie gaming system. Would be nice if someone could make a stick-on trackball, though. ;)

No. The damn thing has no touchscreen.
Who cares. Practically everybody on this board, didn't want it included.

It's ok if you don't know much about the Zodiac. It's not ok if you talk bullshit about it. It is expensive but it is worth every dollar. No other handheld comes close to the Zodiac.
Thats an opinion, the Zodiac is only worth every dollar if you want a handheld/PDA, if you just want a Handheld, then it isn't.
And well the Zodiac has failed. So go figure.

The GPX2 seems totally useless. It has a little more computing power but too little. It still has the same small screen. It has no touchscreen and not even an analog stick. If you've got a GP32 you don't really need it. The GPX2 needs exclusive content bad because it has not much else to offer. The games is what it's all about after all.
Touchscreens are just not worth including in a cheap handheld, in order to keep the price down £99 exc. VAT is cheap, and as it should be...
If you just want a touchscreen for scrolling throught menus, then you have too much money. Obviously some quite good homebrew could take advantage of this, and ScummVM would be a very good use, but it is not NEEDED.

No, I'm not missing the point. The point is to find a handheld that is good for playing games and that actually has games to offer that you want to play. The Zodiac has lot's of homebrew development and much of it is commercial homebrew development. I like it that way because developers that earn money also invest more time into their games. This results in more polished and overall better games. Still, the homebrew ideal, some guy developing whatever he wants in his basement, does not get lost.
The GPX2 isn't meant to be another Zodiac and that's what I don't like about it. Linux, great! Oh wait, no good text input system or mouse replacement? A 320*240 screen? Well...
That makes no sense - Since when does non-profit mean low quality. Hello?! ScummVM/Linux/basicallyeveryemulator/emule
I bet we will be able to get a chatboard to work also.

That's half the ebook I can read and half the movie I can watch.
WTF! That makes no sense, and you know it. 320*240 on a 3.5" screen will seem very high resolution. Remember that the ordinary DVD resolution is normally stretched over a 32" screen.

ou are going to tell me that the thing puts out 640*480 to TV, well, who cares? It's a handheld, if I want the big screen I'll use my PC or TV with DVD/Video player
Not everybody owns a DivX Player.

How is the GPX2 multifunctional if it does not even connect to the net and do word documents? In fact it does not do anything besides media and gaming.
WTF! Multifunctional just means it can do more that one thing. Of course it is multi-functional Audio, Video, Text and Games, are all different functions.
Multifunctional does not mean "connect to the net and do word documents".

Maybe I'm not looking for the device the GPX2 is. But you are missing something big here: That's the GPX2's fault.
WTF!
You went looking for apples, but you found pears. And you blame the pears?

I'm sceptical if anyone ever get's 400 Mhz of power out of those two 200 Mhz CPUs.
Do you know what you are talking about, are you a programmer?
(I am not being rhetorical, I am actually asking you that question.)
You will get less or more performance than one 400mhz CPU depending on the particular program.

And now, exclusive content: The Zodiac has a ton of it, as long as you count the Palm content, too.
How can something be exclusive if the Palm also has it.
And besides who cares about exclusive content, what we really need is masses of quality content.

Sure, you GP fans all want to push the GPX2 and want people to get it.
WTF! We are on our own forum talking about the GPX2. This is our homeground. We are not "pushing it" on purpose to anybody.

I won't adjust my needs to a handheld, I want the handheld to best fit my needs.
Go and make one then. I hate to tell you but it is not possible to make a handheld for every single persons individual needs, and then to create "exclusive" games for all of them...

Question: Did you ever touch one of those?
No (but I bet I know a lot more about it than you), have you?

I do play my Zodiac but I won't shut up. Why are you guys so allergic against negative comments about the GPX2? Isn't it ok to criticize it?
You are not simply criticizing it.
Critics are meant to weigh up the good and bad points, you haven't mentioned any good points, you have just been slagging it off.

Then you come along, call me a dumbass and tell me to shut the fuck up. Huh? How about trying to find some argument for the GPX2 instead of creating arguments against it's community?
What the hell?
If you actually read the thread, you will see that most of the time people were actually creating valid arguements against what you said. It was only when they realised you were incapable of aknowledging them that they started flaming you.

propaganda from DaveC so that nobody buys the XGP
DaveC actually originally used to flame the GP2X alot, since then, he has decided that the good points outweigh the bad points.
(because it has a higher resolution screen)
No, because widescreen is not suitable for playing 4:3 games. The viewable screen would actually be much smaller that the GP2X's. Actually if you look at the spec it isn't really a much higher resolution anyway, so I don't understand what you mean...

Trouble: Many good Linux games need mouse control (=touchscreen)...
Mouse does not equal touchscreen. A touchscreen, would give you an unfair advantage on a game that is made for a mouse...
The gameplay would be ruined. If you played a FPS with a touchscreen, you would get a headshot every single time.

DaveC might tell everyone that he likes emus best in their original resolution but I will tell you that I like games best in their biggest resolution.
screensize.jpg

Which one looks better?
(not a rhetorical question)

It should bother you if I get a GPX2 or not since if I do I'll be donating to devs and buying games which encourages development.
That is if all the Zodiac coders don't leave to dev for the GP2X.
Besides, what makes you think that we don't donate, we donate monthly. I have donated £35 to Reesy...

What I also want are arguments that could convince people outside the GP community to get a GPX2 and to develop for it.
1. It is a multi-functional device.
2. It will be able to emulate lots of things.
3. Developing on dual processors, is fun and challenging...
4. Lots of GP32 coders are joining the bandwagon already.
5. GPH this time actually want to support the opensource development.
6. The community is very nice and close-knit.
7. Linux based - stuff can be ported in as low as 30 minutes...
8. CHEAP!

Hanz said:
Which one looks better?
To be fair, those are all copy and pastes of the same screen. But I'm all on board with the whole "no black bars" thing, even though the PSP would give you a higher resolution (and terrible aliasing effects :p)

iignotus posted on Sep 1 2005 at 10:59 PM said:
Hanz said:
Which one looks better?
To be fair, those are all copy and pastes of the same screen. But I'm all on board with the whole "no black bars" thing, even though the PSP would give you a higher resolution (and terrible aliasing effects :p)

But they are copy and pastes of a 320 x 220 Megadrive screen. The point there was to show how much of the screen is filled by it running in it's native resolution, and the size comparison of the screen at 1:1 on each LCD. The point there is that the game screen at 1:1 is actually LARGER on the GP32 because of pixel size. Native resolution looks best as the pixels are mapped 1:1 with no stretching/filtering artifacts.

No higher resolution screen is going to give you more resolution in an emulator. It ALWAYS runs at what ever the original res is, you are not adding any information. All you do when stretching on a higher res screen is instead of one game pixel taking up one LCD pixel, one game pixel is now taking up 2 LCD pixels. The main problen is that it does so unevenly. That is because the LCD is not high enough res to scale in even multiples. A 320 x 220 screen would require a 640 x 440 LCD to scale evenly (every game pixel taking exactly 2 LCD pixels vertically and 2 horizontally). So what it does on something like the Zodiac is double like every 5th pixel. So 4 pixels are 1:1 then the 5th is doubled and it does this the length of the screen. The resulting distortion looks kind of wonky so they add a filter to blurr the pixels out to hide this distortion. So now you have blurred and distorted pixels. It doesn't bother some people but I for one don't like it it is just overcooked, too much fudging. 1:1 is still the nicest and the most accurate.

DaveC posted on Sep 1 2005 at 06:30 PM said:
iignotus posted on Sep 1 2005 at 10:59 PM said:
Hanz said:
Which one looks better?

But they are copy and pastes of a 320 x 220 Megadrive screen. The point there was to show how much of the screen is filled by it running in it's native resolution, and the size comparison of the screen at 1:1 on each LCD. The point there is that the game screen at 1:1 is actually LARGER on the GP32 because of pixel size. Native resolution looks best as the pixels are mapped 1:1 with no stretching/filtering artifacts.

No higher resolution screen is going to give you more resolution in an emulator. It ALWAYS runs at what ever the original res is, you are not adding any information. All you do when stretching on a higher res screen is instead of one game pixel taking up one LCD pixel, one game pixel is now taking up 2 LCD pixels. The main problen is that it does so unevenly. That is because the LCD is not high enough res to scale in even multiples. A 320 x 220 screen would require a 640 x 440 LCD to scale evenly (every game pixel taking exactly 2 LCD pixels vertically and 2 horizontally). So what it does on something like the Zodiac is double like every 5th pixel. So 4 pixels are 1:1 then the 5th is doubled and it does this the length of the screen. The resulting distortion looks kind of wonky so they add a filter to blurr the pixels out to hide this distortion. So now you have blurred and distorted pixels. It doesn't bother some people but I for one don't like it it is just overcooked, too much fudging. 1:1 is still the nicest and the most accurate.
Ya :lol: I know all that. I'm just saying that if you slapped some nice Kreed or SuperSal on the PSP's screen, you'd have a larger image with less distortion/aliasing, though I certainly prefer to keep the original aspect ratio.

OrR posted on Sep 1 2005 at 07:19 PM said:
[Oh well, forget it. I'm getting a GP2X and I'm going to try to help make it an awesome, successful Indie gaming system. Would be nice if someone could make a stick-on trackball, though. ;)

We know what you are saying that you like TS. No one can tell you that you shouldn't like them. That is fine but since the GPx2 doesn't have one you only have 2 choices. Buy it and deal with it, or forget about it. No use bitching about it anymore.

I bitched about things on the GPx2 when it was announced too. There are things I still don't like (no buttons by stick for vertical MAME games, lack of backwards compatibility with GP32, and a faster CPU would have been nice as that would benefit emus, I could care less about movies), but since it is set in stone now I have the same 2 choices that you do, take it or leave it. I will take it, as it is pretty good for the things I like it for (emus/HB). The only way to get a perfect one is to make my own.

It is not a Zodiac/PDA replacement and you don't need one you have a PDA. So use eacjh for it's strengths.

Hanz™ posted on Sep 2 2005 at 12:45 AM said:
bla bla bla
I'm getting tired of this shit. You don't have to talk anymore if you don't want me to hate you. I won't accept much of the stuff you wrote, I think a lot of it is bullshit. This community is really weird and I'll have difficulties to like it. :( Seems like discussion is even worse here than at Zodiac Gamer.

@DaveC: My bitching about the thing not having a touchscreen will stay in this thread and I'll try to keep it to this thread. I'll not only get it for it's strengths but also to make it strong. I want an Indie gaming handheld and since the Zodiac has failed, I need another target. ;)

Some quotes I just have to make:
That makes no sense - Since when does non-profit mean low quality.
I think it does. It also means less games/emulators.
Thats an opinion
That it's worth every dollar is an opinion, of course. That you shouldn't talk bullshit about it could be named an opinion, too, but it is one everyone should agree on.
Touchscreens are just not worth including in a cheap handheld
I wonder what a touchscreen actually adds in price. In my opinion the added functionality would outwight the additional price (which should be less than 10$). I don't know how many people would agree on this.
You went looking for apples, but you found pears. And you blame the pears?
No, I'd blame God for not making pears taste and look like apples. (Actually I don't belive in God but then your analogy wouldn't make sense.)
WTF! That makes no sense, and you know it. 320*240 on a 3.5" screen will seem very high resolution. Remember that the ordinary DVD resolution is normally stretched over a 32" screen.
Ok, for movies it makes no sense, it only means slightly lower quality that I can live with. For ebooks it DOES make sense though.
Do you know what you are talking about, are you a programmer?
I'm not a programmer but I consider myself well enough informed to say that dual 200 is slower or equal to 400 but with traditional development it's just 200 and you have to learn lots of new techniques to make it close to 400.
No higher resolution screen is going to give you more resolution in an emulator.
You are right about the emulators we talk about and my above sentence was wrong.

No time to answer to more of this.

I'm getting tired of this shit. You don't have to talk anymore if you don't want me to hate you. I won't accept much of the stuff you wrote, I think a lot of it is bullshit. This community is really weird and I'll have difficulties to like it. sad.gif Seems like discussion is even worse here than at Zodiac Gamer.

Again I say, WTF

I don't think the problem is with us in the least, it's someone on their gold plated high horse. :rolleyes:

That's the problem, discussion is the exchange of two or more varying viewpoints, not one side proclaiming their viewpoint as fact over and over and claiming anything under their standard of 'logic' is bullshit. :ph34r:

And a community that uses logic and mututal respect as a hub doesn't really seem 'weird' to me.

And discussion here is only worse because really, putting yourself on a pedestal like you know more about the hardware than the people who have been following it for months isn't going to earn you any fans. There are several zodiac users on the forums here who have discussed the same thing in a civil mature way, not thinly veiled "lol you're wrong i'm right" posts. And they've been treated with mutual respect and civilty.

Would -you- give me even -half- as reasonable of a reply if I hung around the zodiac forums and said "I don't care you're wrong it's bullshit" to every single valid point and pro for the zodiac someone made? I thought so.

I love it.

OrR has some nasty opinions, but they are his opinions and (s)he is entitled to let evryone know. I would hate to be his(her) girl(boy)friend if he has the same opinions about handhelds as people - they must be shaped to fit him, he won't change to fit them :)

The funniest thing (like Hanz said) is that this argument is going on on the GP32 community home turf and he is wondering why people don't like him talking bad about the device that no-one has been able to use/test/play yet and everyone is only speculating over.

I would love to see a rematch early next year once people have been able to see what the GPx2 can do, and once some nice code has been written for it.

OrR - non-profit=low quality. Some people would take offence to that. Overall it is true though, I agree. I like the tradeoff though to get maybe a little less quality for an absolutely FREE product :). Also, under the gpx2's policy, allowing homebrew is not excluding commercial games. We will have both :D

And there's a lot more games around than Zelda & Metroid. As well as a lot of games that were not yet emulated on GP32. There are literally many THOUSANDS of games from the 8bit and 16bit console and computer eras.

That's True. I literally have found, played, and loved hundred of knew old games that I never new existed

OrR posted on Sep 2 2005 at 01:45 AM said:
I'm getting tired of this shit. You don't have to talk anymore if you don't want me to hate you. I won't accept much of the stuff you wrote, I think a lot of it is bullshit. This community is really weird and I'll have difficulties to like it. :( Seems like discussion is even worse here than at Zodiac Gamer.

@DaveC: My bitching about the thing not having a touchscreen will stay in this thread and I'll try to keep it to this thread. I'll not only get it for it's strengths but also to make it strong. I want an Indie gaming handheld and since the Zodiac has failed, I need another target. ;)

Dude relax, everone chill.

Actually this community is not weird or bad. You came in here with all guns blazing and nostrils flaring. Stuff like Zodiac rulez ,GPx2 droolz type talk wasn't going to go over real big (big surprise ;) ). My advice is just let it go, stand down you have said your piece. It is what it is now the hardware is final. We know why you like what you like. That is fine but like I said the GPx2 is final so no amount of moaning will make a TS appear on it, oh well. I have bitched a blue streak about the Gpx2 not being backwards compatible with the GP32, guess what, it still isn't BC life is a bitch.

If you get past the initial flame war part you will find that the community is very good. I still get flamed alot and many don't like me here either because I can be critical of the GPx2 sometimes too, Oh well. It is best to not get pissed, state your opinion and argue yes but try not to get too worked up over the flamers. That is my advise. Most of us don't hold grudges for too long.

You did say that emus are not your main interest. That is mostly what will come out on the GPx2 sorry to say for you. Maybe it really isn't for you? If a PDA type device is what you want I am not sure this one will make you happy to be honest. It IS missing alot of what you like. It has most of what I want and doesn't have what I don't need so booyah! for me. But if it makes you happy enough to spend the money for one then do so. Remember the day you get a GPx2 your Zodiac won't evaporate out of your hands, you will still have it for your PDA apps, TS etc.

No offence but imo, if you want a product to improve, you don’t kiss the companies ass but make critism to help it do better. There might be forum bitches, but there are also tons of overdefensive, resort to name calling immature fanboys.

I too am interested in this device but, like OrR mentioned, some of the suggestions that could improve it and does hold water.

Some of the hilarious counter arguments I’ve read so far.

Regarding the touch screen issue, hans reply was

“Who cares. Practically everybody on this board, didn't want it included.”

So by including a touchscreen it might change your on not buying it? Sounds pretty silly to me. Not to mentioned the constant mention by others of it being useless… Do you guys have any idea what it is like to play for eg, scumm games with and without it? Obiviously not since some suggested that the ability to use the d-pad as a substitute is do-able. And to think some of you guys whine an entire paragraph over analog pad vs digital when the difference here is relatively much larger. The former is like comparing to navigating a cursor using buttons vs mouse while the latter is like comparing a cheap disfuctional but workable keyboard with say a good quality logitech keyboard. In other words, its ok to take the trouble and painfully navigate the cursor via buttons, but its a bitch to play emulated games on analog that could potentially cause a mild irritation due to slight inaccuracy.

Another hans reply regarding how zodiac was worth every dollar(I don’t think it is either but that’s really besides the point)

“Thats an opinion, the Zodiac is only worth every dollar if you want a handheld/PDA, if you just want a Handheld, then it isn't.
And well the Zodiac has failed. So go figure.”

The highlight of the sentence is “that’s an opinion”. Is that suppose to suggest that the rest of the stuff you said have empirical evidence to support them?

All I am saying is lets look at both sides of the coin before making stupid arguments shall me? And most importantly avoid name calling. It does nothing more than making oneself sounds like an over defensive cooperate ass kissing moron.(not refering to hans. his quoutes were made merely our of convinienced, I am too lazy to quote every dumb comment)

[/quote]

Dude relax, everone chill.

Actually this community is not weird or bad. You came in here with all guns blazing and nostrils flaring. Stuff like Zodiac rulez ,GPx2 droolz type talk wasn't going to go over real big (big surprise ;) ). My advice is just let it go, stand down you have said your piece. It is what it is now the hardware is final. We know why you like what you like. That is fine but like I said the GPx2 is final so no amount of moaning will make a TS appear on it, oh well. I have bitched a blue streak about the Gpx2 not being backwards compatible with the GP32, guess what, it still isn't BC life is a bitch.

If you get past the initial flame war part you will find that the community is very good. I still get flamed alot and many don't like me here either because I can be critical of the GPx2 sometimes too, Oh well. It is best to not get pissed, state your opinion and argue yes but try not to get too worked up over the flamers. That is my advise. Most of us don't hold grudges for too long.

You did say that emus are not your main interest. That is mostly what will come out on the GPx2 sorry to say for you. Maybe it really isn't for you? If a PDA type device is what you want I am not sure this one will make you happy to be honest. It IS missing alot of what you like. It has most of what I want and doesn't have what I don't need so booyah! for me. But if it makes you happy enough to spend the money for one then do so. Remember the day you get a GPx2 your Zodiac won't evaporate out of your hands, you will still have it for your PDA apps, TS etc.
[/quote]

my opinions on dave suddenly changes :). Heh, the post above sounds so mature that it almost fool me into thinking that it was a different posting altogether. I think this is how the forum should be like. but personally, I don't think it was his intention to arouse anger within the community. As for me, I am taking advantage of the fact that small hardware developers(well, relatively speaking when compared to behemoths such as sony) do listen and therefore we should take every opportunity we have to criticize(call it bashing if you wish). Its a win win situation. If in turn they make a better hardware(lets face it, this gpx2 is not that great of an improvement compared to gp32, sure its evolutionary but a revolution would be nice :) ) we benefit and they too will in the long run in terms of gaining trust and public awareness

just wait for the $500 gp3x - with touch screen, wide screen, analogue everything, 16 buttons, internet connectivity, custom battery with built in charger, subwoofer, internal HDD, egg timer, CD player, GPS and a truck to carry it in (EDIT: after delivering your cash with it) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back