Why im suprised...

Fragbashers

Still Fresh
Well, I must say the pandora project looks like its heading down a good path! I hope to get mine sometime this summer (wish i could get it within the next week or two to do my online courses while im not home), perhaps for my late birthday ;) But one thing Im suprised too see is that there is no pictochat like app! i know i cant be the only one who loved messing around with the pictochat feature on the DS and im sure a worldwide version (over the web) and a bluetooth version could be produced with little effort seeing as it is just a chatroom that you draw in. So, what do you say? Shall we get PandoraChat in production?

EDIT: completely disreguarded the fact that i can buy from ithic.com! maybe i can get the pandora in time for my trip to florida afterall!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never used Pictochat but from a quick search it looks great, I'd love something like that

Never used Pictochat but from a quick search it looks great, I'd love something like that

It's really a useless novelty for the most part on the DS, but mostly because you need to be so close to other people with a DS to use it that you might as well be talking to them, usually. Actually, I'd be quite interested in seeing an online version of this for the Pandora myself; might be a fun little thing to goof off and socialize with. Hard to say how popular it would be, though, and it wouldn't actually be useful.

Hard to say how popular it would be, though, and it wouldn't actually be useful.
It would still be a neat alternative to random socializing considering that most random social sites are all out sausage fests :/

I love the idea.

A Pandora chat for Pandora user.

Perhaps we also could use the microphone for voice chatting.

I love the idea.

A Pandora chat for Pandora user.

Perhaps we also could use the microphone for voice chatting.

but unfortunately, it'll never happen..

..maybe if chat could substitute boards somehow, then it could be reasonable, otherwise i'll be waste of time, 'coz not many people will use it.

maybe the built in irc client in the pandora should have auto configs to connect to the open pandora irc

yeah, redesigned irc client for pandora-chit-chat only [on different channel than #openpandora], might be good. Build a client for OP only from ground up will be overkill

Drawpile is the best multiplayer drawing software I could find. Supports pressure sensitivity and different brushes. It also supports layers, but only locally. Development has stalled as of 2010 it seems, but all alternatives are even older or flash based with a non-free server.

Of course, drawpile has to be ported and might not run fast enough, but it could be worth a try. Maybe somebody else could fork it and pick up development.

(Not me, of course. I don't know C++ xP )

Drawpile is the best multiplayer drawing software I could find. Supports pressure sensitivity and different brushes. It also supports layers, but only locally. Development has stalled as of 2010 it seems, but all alternatives are even older or flash based with a non-free server.

Of course, drawpile has to be ported and might not run fast enough, but it could be worth a try. Maybe somebody else could fork it and pick up development.

(Not me, of course. I don't know C++ xP )

I don't have my Pandora yet, but I just compiled this for my sheevaplug. It's a bit "choppy" i.e. if you draw a circle quickly you're likely to end up with a pentagon, or even a triangle(!), but this could be due to many things: working over VNC; the sheevaplug's lack of hardware fpu; etc.

I don't have my Pandora yet, but I just compiled this for my sheevaplug. It's a bit "choppy" i.e. if you draw a circle quickly you're likely to end up with a pentagon, or even a triangle(!), but this could be due to many things: working over VNC; the sheevaplug's lack of hardware fpu; etc.
It actually didn't even compile for me on x86... Some linker problem with deflate/libz and I have no idea how to fix it :D

Back