New Noob Here

Will01

Still Fresh
Hey i just posted this here because im new and wanted to say hey.

I recently put in my preorder for my pandora and i got within the first prodution run. My question is is there a way to find out roughly where in the que im at?

Edit: Ive read more then a few other threads so before it begins i know i cannot get an accurate number, im curious because of this differentiation between the first 500 and the 3500 after.

Yes, you're between 3800-4000.
Don't bother the girls asking for your queue position if you just ordered. You know roughly where you're at and that's the only info they can give you (a rough estimate.)

Hey Will01, welcome! Hopefully your wait will be shorter than the rest of us! :p

I would say your spot in line is for sure at the very end 3900-4000, maybe slightly lower if your lucky!

Chris

Lunatic said:
The whole first 500 thing is no longer an issue.
OP can only send 150 a day i heard somewhere around here some time ago.
So it does matter. at place 4000 you have to wait about 2 weeks before yours is being shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well good then, im in no rush....although now im really thinking about adding another battery to my order. ;)

This really seemed to be the time to jump on this after doing some research and seeing what everyone has gone through with this product. I really have high hopes for this thing and hopes it becomes successful enough to warrent a cheap, less capable, chinese knockoff. :p

Welcome to the forum :)

There will be no difference between the first 500 and the 3500 after. Openpandora was hoping that their chinese case manaufacturer would be able to produce a batch of 500 cases before the chinese new year. Unfortunaltely this was not the case. All the case for the Pandora will be produced at the samne time now. The factory reopnes next week so hopefully everything can go quite fast from now on.

Still, I personnaly recommand you preper youself for some weeks of waiting. Better not to have too much expectation and then be disapointed. The cases have still to be produced, shipped to Texas were the board are populated and the Pandora assembled and then their have to be shipped to England/Germany to be finaly shipped to custommer. Actually for US custommer they might be shipped directely from the factory. I am not 100% sure this has been confimed though.

Will01 said:
Well good then, im in no rush....although now im really thinking about adding another battery to my order. ;)
I wouldn't, unless you were going to use both regually.

If you're just buying it as a spare, buy it nearer the time you need it.

Will01 said:

This really seemed to be the time to jump on this after doing some research and seeing what everyone has gone through with this product. I really have high hopes for this thing and hopes it becomes successful enough to warrent a cheap, less capable, chinese knockoff. :p
I would have been in the first 500 if I would have had the money at the time since I've been following this since November or December of 07 but I'm probably in the 2750-3250 now. :D

I'm sure it will be successful enough. ;)

Will01 said:
I really have high hopes for this thing and hopes it becomes successful enough to warrent a cheap, less capable, chinese knockoff. :p

First of all Hi Will and welcome. If you judge by my no. of posts I'm still a relative noob here too BUT......much as I do hope that it becomes successful like you say, I sure do not want a cheap less capable chinese knockoff of it. There are already enough cheap Chinese gadgets for that. A cheap knockoff could kill this project and the hopes of the OP team to make a buck or two off it. The buzz being built around the Pandora is exactly because it was built after consultation with the community and a wishlist built by a lot of people on these forums. I don't see the Chinese as being able to create such a community buzz as the people who have designed and are developing for the Pandora can. For the Chinese, the knockoff would be just a way to make easy money from cheap labour and gadget-hungry Westerners. They would give a shit if a community is built around it or not as long as it sells AND most important, the Chinese make cheap knockoffs mostly because they just reverse engineer anything that falls into their grubby hands without any regards for the Intellectual Property of others (with no offence intended for any well-meaning Chinese here, I'm sure they will know to whom I'm really referring).

Yay! noob thread!
I've come out of the shadows of luking and stepped into the light!

I hope I can still get my order sorted before it the pandora ships ( :D )

DutchMojo said:
Yay! noob thread!
I've come out of the shadows of luking and stepped into the light!

I hope I can still get my order sorted before it the pandora ships ( :D )
are you dutch? the more dutch people come here, the less my pandora is gonna be unique :(
i must.....eat you.

borgqueenx said:
Lunatic said:
So it does matter. at place 4000 you have to wait about 2 weeks before yours is being shipped.
At 150 a day, that would take almost a month from 1 to 4000, not 2 weeks.

Tokiopop said:
borgqueenx said:
Lunatic said:
Maths is just one more thing that Borqqueenx is a little lacking in :p

Does the 150 a day refer to how many Craig's shop can send ?

You have to remember thatn some unit might be shipped directed from the factory in Texas to US Customer. Then some unit will be shipped from Craig's Shop and some from Evildragon's shop.

EDIT: Sorry you were talking about assembly...

Tokiopop said:
borgqueenx said:
Lunatic said:
They're only doing 150 a day to start, they're gonna ramp it up from there. So 2 weeks is possible as far as assembly is concerned, but maybe not boards + testing + everything else.

[edit] @marshal: craig said he can handle 300-400 a day himself, I believe. I think the 150 refers to assembly, and only at the beginning.

GBAX can pack & ship 300+ per day according to Craig, so logistics aren't a problem. As for assembly, it will start off slow and ramp up. They might do 100 on the first day, 150 the next, etc. These are just my made up figures based on old information though. If anyone has links to official statements on this I'd be keen to see them. :)

[edit] A few posts happened while I was typing. Apologies for being repetitive!

I did a quick search and so far it seems that the 150(160) figure was made up by forumites. A not so quick search might reveal something else, though.

Fact is, that MWeston documented the assembly process in detail and 4 workers are needed for the assembly line.

It probably doesn't help when I post theoretical numbers like that. I should know by now how quickly they can turn into "facts".

Anyway, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's going to take a few weeks to make them all once they start.

Back