Who Was Late Pre-ordering?

I wouldn't rely on the e-mail. I got the GP2X yesterday and still have not recieved 'an email with helpful advice for any problems which may happen'. Could someone let me know what it says, please ?

From a post by Wild Eyed on the 16/11/05.

Hello,

This is confirm your recent GP2X order has now been sent to you.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the next
24 hours (weekends not included), if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve
your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12
days.

If you have any questions or problems please email sales@cdworld.co.uk, please
remember to quote your order number which is xxx. Don't delete this
email as it is your receipt.

Due to the GP2X being a new console, firmware updates will be released within
the coming weeks, we will email you and also update our website when these are
available.

Current known problems:

On some units the case can be too tightly sealed, just loosen the screws
slightly, signs of this are screen ghosting when using the joypad.

Joystick may have trouble going left, just slightly unscrew the joypad top
(just turn it).

These only effect a tiny amount of units, but we thought we had better mention
it.

Thank you for ordering from www.GP2X.co.uk we hope you enjoy your products and
will order from us again soon.

Personally I didn't order my till the 2nd October, September was a shitty month for personal reasons that won't be mentioned on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
NeoStuey - thank you ! Wierd receipt. I would have thought the protx.com email would have been more fitting.

Your order from GP32 Distribution Ltd has been successful

The unique reference for this transaction is: xxx

Dear

Thank you for your order. Your payment has been processed successfully.

Please quote your order number xxx in all correspondence with either GP32 Distribution Ltd or Protx.

Order total: 187.47 GBP
Card used: Visa - Ending:xxx - Attempt:1
You bought: 1 x GP2X Console Value Pack & 1 x 1 GB SD Card

Billing Address:
Bla bla

Ordered 18th September, only got the e-mail about the pre-release URL to order from on the 17th of September. No order e-mail yet (Err.. that is, I got an e-mail when ordered, I haven't got a 'sent!' e-mail, just incase there was confusion there..). Probably too late to be in the first batch.
Not that I mind not having it yet, I'm busy at the weekend anyway.

I ordered on the 29th September, was hoping to have it by now :(

Fingers crossed, it's in the morning post to play with over the weekend :lol:

I ordered on the 29th September, was hoping to have it by now :(

Fingers crossed, it's in the morning post to play with over the weekend :lol:
Damn this must be good business for Craigix, having already dispatched 1000 units and still so many people who haven't gotten theirs.
When do you expect the rushing to stop Craigix? or when will you have shipped all the orders on your list?
What happens with your business then?

I'm currently confused.
Having ordered on the 9th, I'm obviously not in the first batch, but...
GBAX said:
There are still many thousands of orders to process - we hope to complete this by Monday the 21st of November.
Does this mean that I'll get mine on Monday or Tuesday?

UPDATE :

"Hello,

This is confirm your recent GP2X order has now been sent to you.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the next 24 hours (weekends not included), if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12 days.

If you have any questions or problems please email sales@cdworld.co.uk, please remember to quote your order number which is XXXXXX Don't delete this email as it is your receipt.

Due to the GP2X being a new console, firmware updates will be released within the coming weeks, we will email you and also update our website when these are available.

Current known problems:

On some units the case can be too tightly sealed, just loosen the screws slightly, signs of this are screen ghosting when using the joypad.

Joystick may have trouble going left, just slightly unscrew the joypad top (just turn it).

These only effect a tiny amount of units, but we thought we had better mention it.

Thank you for ordering from www.GP2X.co.uk we hope you enjoy your products and will order from us again soon."

I ordered on the 18th of September so the rest of you should be getting your emails soon!

Actually, I ordered around October 10 (that's when my receipt came) and I'm confirmed to be in the second batch. As the second batch is already in hand (in my understanding), nobody should have to wait long.

I ordered mine early November. I sent an email to Craig, as I have bought from him since he started waaay back (and recommended him to scores of other people - wheres my loyalty bonus Craig :blink: ). One of his 'employees' answered (how things have changed :D ) and said that any GP2X ordered then, would be delivered by the end of November. If it comes before that, then so be it : :)

I am happy watching others tinker around before I get mine. Can't wait to get developing though. I have always wanted to do a modern remake of a classic arcade game (not telling you which one yet), so I will probably go for that.

Should be a fun ride whatever happens.

Defender...no no Battle Zone no no I no Robotron ah I give up tell us.

I ordered mine 18th Sept still waiting to piss people off on the train with all that button clicking while I am engulfed in a world of hate and destruction, well you know Hexen or something.

I'm yet another who ordered on the 18th September (can't remember exactly where it was announced now). Waiting, with bated breath, for e-mail and package. Maybe next week? We'll see...

Mine arrived today! :D unfortunatly because I thought it was arriving on a weekday I changed the address and my girlfreind isnt too keen on me messing with it all day so I cant go and pick it up until tommorow.

I'm do a photoblog in a new thread when I have my hands on it! B)

Defender...no no Battle Zone no no I no Robotron ah I give up tell us.

Heh Heh, all great games (well battlezone used to be but seems a bit lame now). Interesting that the other two are from the same hardware set .... Anyhow, its none of those (did I mention I clocked defender when I was a lad ? well smart - you get an extra life for everything you hit from 990000 to the 1000000 - but your score goes back to zero, and you don't register on the high score table).

Anyway, back to my game, I will be prerendering sprites from 3dsmax, so it will look dead cool.... and it is ... no you will just have to wait :) . I'll post a beta of the first level when I eventually get my GP2X and start playing.

Back