Who Was Late Pre-ordering?

shiffy

Still Fresh
I found out about the GP2X from another forum in about September time from videogameimports.com. I was tempted right from the start .... but something held me back from ordering. Anyway, I finally took the plunge & ordered from GBAX in late October.

I wish I had pre-ordered back in September. Now it feels like I'll be waiting until doomsday before I get mine!!! Who else is in the same boat? Who else is visiting this site every 2 mins? Who's checking e-mails at every available opportunity to see if their machine has been dispatched?

What makes it even worse for me is I've had a week off from work .... this week has dragged!!!!

I ordered early October because I couldn't afford it till I'd had my pay from work... apperently Craig should finish shipping them all by Monday he hopes, so it's not THAT big a difference really... 5 days?... I'm busy all weekend anyways so it's not much of a deal for me...

Gives everyone a few days to sort out the little problems for us ;)

I ordered on the 18th of September not too late but not amazingly early either. Im hoping mine gets shipped out today which is very likely from what craigix has been saying in other posts but I'm feeling calm today so it will probably Monday afternoon before I start threatening to kill people again. :p

I ordered on the 18th of September not too late but not amazingly early either. Im hoping mine gets shipped out today which is very likely from what craigix has been saying in other posts but I'm feeling calm today so it will probably Monday afternoon before I start threatening to kill people again. :p

Better not threaten to kill me, I live in the same city and I'll get all GP2X kung-foo-shmoo on your ass! :lol: you at one of the Manc Uni's or you just live there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a very late preorder, i've already started on two ports "Warzone 2100 and Marathon" but i've reached a poing where I really need the sdk so the wait and anticipation for both sdk and the gp2x itself is killing me, cause I 'want' to contribute so much but then again I prefer not to have too many 'small projects' on my hands when everything finally clicks into place.
Working on stuff that will earn me money until then ;)

I ordered early October because I couldn't afford it till I'd had my pay from work... apperently Craig should finish shipping them all by Monday he hopes, so it's not THAT big a difference really... 5 days?... I'm busy all weekend anyways so it's not much of a deal for me...

exactly... i'm kind of releived i'm not on these forums complaining about white lines or joystick malfunctions... i'd like them sorted out beforehand :ph34r:

i'm in the lik-sang boat, the boat that doesn't sail until nov.30th... i got screwed. i didn't want to wait any longer, and when it came down to it, for some reason, gp2x.co.uk wasn't loading. so i went with lik-sang. big mistake. they probably don't check their units by hand like craig has either.

i order in 14 semptember, i can count something like 1245 email check since that day, now i have the shipping email, BUT from 3 days i'm still waiting, and nothing to check (no mail, only wait) !!!!!!

HELP

exactly... i'm kind of releived i'm not on these forums complaining about white lines or joystick malfunctions... i'd like them sorted out beforehand :ph34r:

i'm in the lik-sang boat, the boat that doesn't sail until nov.30th... i got screwed. i didn't want to wait any longer, and when it came down to it, for some reason, gp2x.co.uk wasn't loading. so i went with lik-sang. big mistake. they probably don't check their units by hand like craig has either.
Aye, I doubt they check their units, not many firms have gone to the lenghts craig has in serving this community, huge applause for that.
Only thing i find amiss, is the lack of a "Your order" page constantly showing whats happening with your order, would make it easier on craig and his staff as well. With people not coming here moaning, cause they could just check that page.

Ordered early October (3rd I think), as I had to gather the money, make sure that I'd still have enough for food, textbooks, etc.

Living state-side so getting antsy, but its going to be a while (4-12 days after it ships out - I couldn't bear to pay $30 for 2-day shipping). So, sometime after I get back from visiting family for Thanksgiving I should have it in hand.

*twitches in anticipation* :lol:

I wouldn't rely on the e-mail. I got the GP2X yesterday and still have not recieved 'an email with helpful advice for any problems which may happen'. Could someone let me know what it says, please ?

I placed my order on the 19th September. No email as yet! I hope it will be next week.

When money has been pulled from ones account that means it's been sent right?
first money is locked when you order putting them on hold until the seller pulls them from your account. So if the money has been taken from your account it means that your order is underway, correct?

I ordered two days ago and still no email whats up with that!!!!!

Just kidding I won't even allow myself to get excited for at least another three weeks. I will keep myself heavily sedated with alcohol until it arrives.

I ordered mine early November. I sent an email to Craig, as I have bought from him since he started waaay back (and recommended him to scores of other people - wheres my loyalty bonus Craig :blink: ). One of his 'employees' answered (how things have changed :D ) and said that any GP2X ordered then, would be delivered by the end of November. If it comes before that, then so be it : :)

I am happy watching others tinker around before I get mine. Can't wait to get developing though. I have always wanted to do a modern remake of a classic arcade game (not telling you which one yet), so I will probably go for that.

Should be a fun ride whatever happens.

Back