Who Wants This?

No, You know how N-gage came out with their own games and even Gizmondo did too, I even remember the GP32 had their own games too. Will the GP2X?

I'm not getting one, even though I was an avid gp32 fan. It just doesn't look good. The hardware looks okay. If it had good internal storage and a good batery I would be interested, but until then I am fine with my PSP. Even though I hate the PSPUpdates forum. My sn is dgm08 there, and I am pisses off every time I post.

@diablo2:
Uhm, the battery time is even longer than the time of the PSP...? o_O
And it will SOON be fixed anyway, with the right batteries you have 4-6 hours anyway, this is around 1 1/2 - 3 more than the PSP :p
Internal Storage is 64MB NAND Flash, what would you need more? And SD memory sticks ARE quite expensive, but still, $50-$60 is okay for 1 GB. In a few months / years they'll even be much cheaper.

If these are all your reasons, you are quite stubborn. But I accept of course your ideology, everyone has its own preferences :)

The GP2X just isn't for the usual gamer... I think it's really only for people who are REALLY interested in the hardware / electronics and/or development... can't explain it otherwise, that most of the users just complain all the time about bugs that are a) not really disturbing and going to be fixed soon and B) not real bugs. (But features... ;))

I don't want to do honey-talk, there are some things that might disturb all of us, but I've been persuaded, that there aren't any big (hardware) problems at all. Even the battery time is far beyond bad with 4-8 hours, compared with the PSP :S

If you find anything better in terms of retrogaming / emulation and media-player-functionalities (different formats et cetera!), you're free to tell it to me... I'd be glad to hear. And if you complain about that this isn't this isn't your main interest... well then, you're quite sure wrong with the GP2X.

@diablo2:
And it will SOON be fixed anyway, with the right batteries you have 4-6 hours anyway, this is around 1 1/2 - 3 more than the PSP :p
Internal Storage is 64MB NAND Flash, what would you need more? And SD memory sticks ARE quite expensive, but still, $50-$60 is okay for 1 GB. In a few months / years they'll even be much cheaper.

If these are all your reasons, you are quite stubborn. But I accept of course your ideology, everyone has its own preferences :)

The GP2X just isn't for the usual gamer... I think it's really only for people who are REALLY interested in the hardware / electronics and/or development... can't explain it otherwise, that most of the users just complain all the time about bugs that are a) not really disturbing and going to be fixed soon and B) not real bugs. (But features... ;))

I don't want to do honey-talk, there are some things that might disturb all of us, but I've been persuaded, that there aren't any big (hardware) problems at all. Even the battery time is far beyond bad with 4-8 hours, compared with the PSP :S

If you find anything better in terms of retrogaming / emulation and media-player-functionalities (different formats et cetera!), you're free to tell it to me... I'd be glad to hear. And if you complain about that this isn't this isn't your main interest... well then, you're quite sure wrong with the GP2X.

Just what i was going to say... kind of.. lol

i sold my psp to get enough dough for the gp2x.

it came down to this: play $50usd games that might turn out shitty, or use my psp for homebrew/emulation, which it is pretty shoddy at doing. (and yes, it is an either/or question, because if you downgrade the firmware and buy a new psp game, since sony is fighting the homebrew scene, they'll release a firmware update on every game they sell, and they downgrade is pointless.)

OR
buy a handheld with better specs, aimed SPECIFICALLY at homebrew/emulation, with cheaper storage capabilities and a tv out?

so i sold my PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
@diablo2:

I don't want to use AA batteries. I want an internal battery that is small. The form facter would be beter if AAs were not used. As to 64 internal, fuck that. And as far as SD cards go isn't there max 4GB currently. So than is about 3 more movies thans the max MS duo cards. Great. <_< My PSP takes care off all of my emulation needs, and then it also has real games. To tell you the truth, I am tired of playing old games. I want to play something new, now. I have played the same SNES and NES games on emulators for a long time, and I am tired of it now.
Another thing is PSP actually has good teams on it right now. They have Team Xecuter, who is coming out with a mass storage adapter, so I cannot wait for having all of my PSP ISOs with me at once. So, GP2X has uncontrolled homebrew, great, but once it has SNES and GENESIS on it good (which PSP already has) don't count on it getting much farther. And don't say that GP2x has beter specs that PSP 200 MHz Processor+ 200 MHz Processor does not equal 400 MHz Processor. And homebrew on PSP is just as easy as it is on PSP. And it is deffenently easier than GP32 prior to GPDrive. GP2X just looks alright

I don't want to use AA batteries. I want an internal battery that is small. The form facter would be beter if AAs were not used. As to 64 internal, fuck that. And as far as SD cards go isn't there max 4GB currently. So than is about 3 more movies thans the max MS duo cards. Great. <_< My PSP takes care off all of my emulation needs, and then it also has real games. To tell you the truth, I am tired of playing old games. I want to play something new, now. I have played the same SNES and NES games on emulators for a long time, and I am tired of it now.
Another thing is PSP actually has good teams on it right now. They have Team Xecuter, who is coming out with a mass storage adapter, so I cannot wait for having all of my PSP ISOs with me at once. So, GP2X has uncontrolled homebrew, great, but once it has SNES and GENESIS on it good (which PSP already has) don't count on it getting much farther. And don't say that GP2x has beter specs that PSP 200 MHz Processor+ 200 MHz Processor does not equal 400 MHz Processor. And homebrew on PSP is just as easy as it is on PSP. And it is deffenently easier than GP32 prior to GPDrive. GP2X just looks alright

LOL your soooo last summer, SD cards go up to 8GB, and I think you meant to say 266Mhz+266Mhz does not equal 532 MHz. I suspect linux conversions are easier cos its linux lol, retro is in baby big style. Keep upto date

@ diablo2 so really your saying youd like a gp2x but you cant afford one as you blasted all your cash on a PSP?

Back