which software is used for pyra development?

goganchic

Still Fresh
Does anybody know which software is used for pyra development? I meen pcb software, 3d modeling & etc.

For PCB design that would be a question for @hns...

Case design is another story I think it was mostly done by the company in Greece.

I do not know which tools they used.

The Pandora files are published, as the same person is working on the Pyra I assume the tools are the same: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/the-day-the-pandora-goes-even-more-open.74432/
I can't remember if they ever mentioned which tools are used to create the Pyra, we could assume which are used.
In the Pandora package there is a .sat file, you could make those (under linux) with Spatial and the PCB only had PDF documents published, you could make those with Eagle (under linux).
As mentioned the case was made in Greece, so maybe ED gave the his Blender renders and they made the final designs.

Eagle has a old school ghetto UI, but it does the job .. pretty well. Theres a tonne of videos and tutorials, since the open hardware and OSS and freebie communities rallied behind it long ago, and in CAD land.. big communities is a huge win.

Now that Eagle is owned by the big guys and going back to subscription .. I dunno; I think kicad will take over a large chunk of users? We'll see :(

(I bought my own Eagle license few years ago, and been re-upping once in awhile; not sure about the future, but of course, the license I have is endless so at least my past designs aren't lost)

jeff

Eagle users are not happy about the subscription model, especially after it was stated they wouldnt do it!! Kicad is pickingu lots of users....

Not a pirated version I hope.. Not long ago the produced casing of a C64 cartridge (1541u2+) got traced back to one and the guy had to pay an extensive fine and/or was forced to buy a license iirc :)

Back