Which Came First..?

andyhamer

The chic, err.. Pandora or 3DS -

It's getting pretty close to delivery now (i hope for both, estimated Pandora 1200-1300 craig's queue) pretty ironic if my 3DS arrives first but c'est la vie, anywho was just wondering if anyone else is expecting/hoping for imminent delivery of both, and what are you most stoked for (yes i know this is the Pandora forum, but sometimes you just have to ask) the Pandora is currently residing at the top of my exciteometer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

My Pandora arrived yesterday and I have barely put it down since.

I have this week off work so its playtime :)

im somewhere late in batch one, and it looks like i will receive my 3ds before the pandora. i was really hoping this wouldnt be the case so i wouldve loved to give the pandora some undivided attention, although it seems like i wont be picking up and launch games for the 3ds so there could be a lot of open windows to enjoy the pandora to full extent....that is as long as i get it before summer...

Well, according to the Your Pandora has Shipped thread someone who has ordered after me has gotten their shipping e-mail. I hope that mine will come, like they ship them out in order but the e-mails are not sent out in order. So, if it does ship today it has 8 days to get to me or the 3DS beats the Pandora for me.

Then again I'm not planning on getting a 3DS until the first revision so the Pandora will beat the 3DS for me personally.

The chic, err.. Pandora or 3DS -

It's getting pretty close to delivery now (i hope for both, estimated Pandora 1200-1300 craig's queue) pretty ironic if my 3DS arrives first but c'est la vie, anywho was just wondering if anyone else is expecting/hoping for imminent delivery of both, and what are you most stoked for (yes i know this is the Pandora forum, but sometimes you just have to ask) the Pandora is currently residing at the top of my exciteometer.
Not sure about the 1200-1300 - I'm apparently 900-1000 and haven't had mine although someone in the thread linked above has done, not sure about the relationship between CET and UK at that time of year, but his was 8:34 CET, mine was 07:14 UK (again, dunno if we were on GMT or BST at that point).

To be honest, the excitement I feel about the 3DS is rather severely held in check by my scepticism regarding the quality of the 3D screen. This is something which if they've done it well is going to be pretty sweet. On the other hand this is also something which could potentially be nasty and gimmicky, and at worst headache inducing.

I'm certainly looking forward to getting to give the 3DS a test drive. Until I can do that though I'm reserving judgement. Either way, it is not something I'll be ordering sight unseen.

That being said, the Pandora ticks many boxes for me that nothing Nintendo has produced ever has, so I expect that it will ultimately get more use even if I do get a 3DS. :)

To be honest, the excitement I feel about the 3DS is rather severely held in check by my scepticism regarding the quality of the 3D screen. This is something which if they've done it well is going to be pretty sweet. On the other hand this is also something which could potentially be nasty and gimmicky, and at worst headache inducing.

I'm certainly looking forward to getting to give the 3DS a test drive. Until I can do that though I'm reserving judgement. Either way, it is not something I'll be ordering sight unseen.

Fair comment,

I have had quite a bit of hands on time with a 3DS (my friend has imported) prior to that i was 50/50, but the time iv'e had with it has convinced me (and the imminent 3D OOT.. yummy!)

The 3D effects seem to vary from user to user (as a lot of reviews allude to) my friend can't have the 3D slider any higher than about 50% without feeling nauseous after a while, however I, his wife & two kids can all have it at 100% without any issues whatsoever.

My "chicken or egg" situation last year was "Pandora or House?". I started home hunting in mid-'09, just three or four months after ordering, and that dragged pretty amazingly as well. I only just moved in two months ago, so my question was answered. (now it's "Pandora or Burning Man?")

3DS is interesting. I'm pretty confident that the effect will hold for me, since I see in 3D really easily, and I have a steady head. But I expect to wait for a "3DS Heavy", as the 3D screen's physical size seems very small to me. Beyond that, I love the AR demos, and I am sad that they didn't bump the vertical resolution a little more. 512x384 would have been much more logical for backward compatibility and would have given a decent amount more leeway visually. I almost certainly will eventually get it, as I tend to buy into every second Nintendo portable generation. I got a GBA to play everything starting from GB, and I'll get a 3DS to play everything starting from DS.

...also a Virtual Boy. It's pretty cool, though it's been a few years in storage, and I have to clean out the gunked batteries from the controller. :(

Had a first look at the 3DS today and was quite impressed. The depth of the 3D effect is very convincing and the unit feels substantial and well made. It didnt feel like a toy like the normal DS lites. I did notice I felt a little light headed when I walked away from it though, so I can imagine some folk are going to get problems from this machine, as I never get motion effects from games etc. Unlike my wife who is made quite ill by some games.

Back