Where To Get Gba Flashcarts?

geniv

I've heard of a GBA flash cart that takes SD cards.

where do I get one of those?

the though of a 1GB SD card with all my favorite GBA, NES and Gameboy/color games on a GBA sp will be sweet. no more carrying a little bag with carts everywhere.

winsunx.com
it's called supercard sd
you might be talking about M3 perfect also, but supercard is more practical imo

Used winsunx myself also will mark the price down if yuo ask them

As far as im aware Supercard has slow down problems with GBA games M3 doesn't

"The size of a gba" my ass. It's about as big as a GBC cart, which isn't THAT big. Worth it too, imho, since there's no slowdown in any GBA games.

m3adapter-cf.jpg

There is a picture of it. It may not be as big as I said, but it is still pretty big. As an owner of a Supercard SD I would say that the bang for the buck of it is amazing. It Rocks. With It for like 45$ shipped from winsunx compaired to the like $110 shipped for the M3 Perfect, I would defenently go with the Supercard SD, especially when he already has a SD card. Slow downs do not occur at all in most games, and it gets better with every firmware, and it sticks out much less than M3. Go with the Supercard SD.
edit: and I may be wrong about this, but the compatibilty isn't perfect on the M3 like they would want you to beleive.

My Supercard SD from consoleplus.co.uk arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I like the way it has built in support for nes and sms emulation - just drag a rom onto the SD card and play.

I have found the way it manages GBA saves to take a bit of getting used to. Thats more a malfunction with me than the supercard tho'.

if they could make one of these that fits flush in the new gba dslite slot then i would get one.

the chance of that must be slim to none though.

having just sold my psp after being unimpressed by the commercial offerings and frustrated by the hit and miss nature of homebrew and warez i think i might just stay the hell away from DS warez completely.

the uglyness of it only supports this ideal further.

I picked up a GBA Movie Player last weekend off of ebay for around $24.00 USD. That includes shipping. I have it set up running NES and Sega Master System games. I have over 600 games and 10 books on it. It uses the CF card. I have a 256mb card, really more memory than what I need. It seems to run the games perfectly. I am using pocketnes mp and sms mp emulators. This and a "new brighter" screen GB SP makes a great little combo. Makes a great mate next to my GP32. ;)

edit: I forgot to say that it sticks out about as much as the M3 cart.

I have a GBA 1GB Easyflash Advance cart, best thing I have ever purchased (Gp2X hasnt turned up yet ;) )
Have pretty much every NES game I would ever want to play on there, some mp3s, a few music vids, great piece of kit :)

Hm I assume winsunx is a really good place to order for those in the U.S. eh? I also heard that some Superpasses were poorly built that they would destroy the DS game slot once they were ejected. Now I'd like to get one with a Supercard but I'm now reconsidering to just get a Supercard and a passme instead.

Are the chances really slim that I'll get one that will ruin my DS? Of course it's probably pointless to ask since I wont be risking that, I just wish they made it more convinent so you could order both a passme and supercard in one place.

Oh and skysnapper or anyone else who knows, what do you mean they'll mark the prices down if you want? Not sure if this is the same thing I heard from other forums about asking them to send it as a gift but interesting nonetheless since I can save even more money.

I always thought the passme devices were too hokey to have hanging off the top of a DS.. I opted instead to buy a Wifime compatible wireless card (for $25 shipped), then promptly installed the Flashme firmware. Im really greatful to the guys responsible for Flashme.

I have another question to those who own the CF version of the Supercard. I know if the ROM image is small enough and doesn't exceed 256mb you can load it into the Supercard's memory. If this is true then you'd be able to pull the CF card out of the slot right? I mean it'd be more convenient, nothing would stick out, and you could just put your DS in your pocket. I'm sure the answer is yes but I'd love to see confirmation B).

Does any one know or can provide a site of sorts that has more information on the supercard SD carts? These sound very interesting, I never knew of them until now. I am most curious as to which gba games run slower on them...

triksR4rabits posted on Mar 10 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
Does any one know or can provide a site of sorts that has more information on the supercard SD carts? These sound very interesting, I never knew of them until now. I am most curious as to which gba games run slower on them...

scdev.org for all your super card needs

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas Dequinas posted on Mar 9 2006 at 05:05 PM said:
I have another question to those who own the CF version of the Supercard. I know if the ROM image is small enough and doesn't exceed 256mb you can load it into the Supercard's memory. If this is true then you'd be able to pull the CF card out of the slot right? I mean it'd be more convenient, nothing would stick out, and you could just put your DS in your pocket. I'm sure the answer is yes but I'd love to see confirmation B).
As long as you don´t switch your DS off, it will work for GBA games. If you switch it off, the ROM will remain in the supercard for about 20 seconds.
NDS games however don´t get loaded into the SC´s RAM completely, (that´s why you can use DS games bigger than 32 Megabyte) so it won´t work with these.

Side Note: NDS games aren´t stored in a ROM memory, that´s why they don´t need to be in the SC´s RAM completely

Last edited by a moderator:
Back