When You Open Pandora's Box What Will You Do?

IceBerg303

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
The potential applications for this device are infinitesimal. I am curious what some of you plan to do.

Here are a few things I would like to do.

First off I want to modify the device for use with an external 802.11b/g antenna. The reasons for this include increased signal for general usage as well as use as a wardrive/walking device.

This device will be much smaller and easier to carry places than a laptop for checking on on my servers.

SIP phone because I refuse to pay the outrageous fees for cellular communications. If you think a WoW monthly subscription is bad try getting an unlimited text,voice and data line on a US cellular carrier. It's $100USD per month or more depending on the carrier and options, VOIP is the way to go.

Games, though I will still primarily develop games with XNA on the 360 I may try to port some of my stuff to Pandora. I have to tell you that the Visual tools for developing for the 360 are far superior to any game development tools or open source tools I've ever used and it just makes development for anything else daunting.

I also want Pandora to generally impress my geek friends and to woo those geek hotties out there (there are some aren't there?).

So what will you do when you open Pandora's box?

first thing I would do with the Pandora? Well provided its released in the next 3 months so I won't break the forum rules regarding gravedigging, I would
1) log onto Dictionary.com with it.
2) Lookup the word 'infinitesimal'
3) copy the definition
4) search for this thread
5) paste definition into this thread
6) sit with smug look on my face because of my command of the english language.

7) cry because of my lonely existence

1. Take Pandora out of box
2. Charge Battery
3. Insert SD card
4. ??????
5. Profit
4. Switch on Pandora
5. Use Pandora

Exciting huh. :lol:

When it arrives on my doorstep, I'll be like
2vv3nkj.jpg

Well, first thing I'll do is go "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" or words to that effect. After that, the first thing I'll do is charge it. :p

After that, I'll just be adding in my already-prepared SD Card (which basically contains rips of some games and one movie - my most favourite movie-that's-so-bad-it-actually-becomes-awesome of all time, Street Fighter: The Movie, with Jean Claude Van Damme and Raul Julia - that I already own which I've always wanted to play/view on the go, and a few text documents so that maybe I can get some work done on the thing :p), and then maybe ordering some sort of vinyl decal to stick somewhere on the machine. If the lid is blank, I might see if I can get a decal of the Pandora "box" symbol custom cut for it, in a random colour.

After that, I don't know. I'll just see what possibilities present themselves. :D

I'll thank everyone around me for being so supportive and helping. I'll also continue in saying I couldn't have done it without them, the community and the developers. In addition, I would hold up the Pandora and kiss it, then kiss those around me. I would then finish off by stating what a delight it has been to follow the Pandora, and how my dreams and expectations have all come true, thanks to this little box.

I just hope I don't have to pick it up from the post office.

Then I'll put some movies/music on it, then check the community for anything I can put on it.

I'll be surfing in my breaks. I'll also be able to code on the go. Plus download wikipedias as homework :p
also, watch videos

Ill download every game for it and then play them and then delete most of them because theyll suck

I'll wipe off the drool on it and then charge the battery while I drool some more in the opposite corner of the room. ;)

After charged, i'll see what apps and emulators are available for it and load em up.

speaking of which, will we be able to charge and play it at the same time? always loved that feature of the GBASP and DS.

First imagonna pass Heretic, then imagonna play alittle bita Blood. Afta dat imagonna playsum SonicCD, den imagonna passa me sum PS1 games. Itza gunna be great.

c%20tiger%20thumbs%20up%20cut%20out.jpg

CC_machine said:
speaking of which, will we be able to charge and play it at the same time? always loved that feature of the GBASP and DS.
Yeah ofc. i think, but not the first time probably. Most batteries need a full 1st charge and decharge(is that english?) to function properly. But im in no way a hardware expert so correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Probably defecate in my drawers.
I will probably also defecate in your drawers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run and scream as all the woes of humanity escape and attack mankind.

Update the kernel (j/k - that's a joke at AireTamStorm's expense).

But when I open the Pandora, I will start surfing the web, looking for apps to install. Bookmark my websites. Write a blog post **OMGBBQHOPTER! I HAZ A PANDORA! AND U DON'T!** or something to that effect. Look up the word infinitesimal and confirm that it *STILL* means small - and not a lot - it's actually the opposite of infinite. And then play Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World.

"

1 : taking on values arbitrarily close to but greater than zero 2 : immeasurably or incalculably small <an infinitesimal difference> "

Back