What's The Latest In Jotstick Replacement?

FastMHz

Still Fresh
Website
www.fastmhz.com
Well this didn't last too long...seems the center plastic must've broken since it's all floppy and unusable now. I am definitely interested in DaveC's d-pad mod....but I don't know how close to reality that is. I've probably logged only 20 hours or so on this thing...

So...what is my best course of action? I'd hate to attempt a self replacement only to have it break again. I ordered from gp2x.co.uk not too long ago, what's the repair service like?

Thanks everyone...

Is it just the plastic joystick that is damaged?.. cuz you can buy them pretty cheap from gp2x online stores

Yeah I guess you will have to send it back to where ever you got it to fix it..

No game actually....I was configuring gmenu2x! Is there a US based place that will fix it, or would gp2x.co.uk send a replacement in advance so I'm not without it for a month+?

FastMHz posted on Aug 18 2006 at 03:18 PM said:
No game actually....I was configuring gmenu2x! Is there a US based place that will fix it, or would gp2x.co.uk send a replacement in advance so I'm not without it for a month+?

Gmenu2x... officially the most hardcore application available for the GP2X :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Cow I fixed it! I did some fancy maneuvering of the stick until it "popped" back into place...the GP2X logo now is horizontal instead of diagonal, and it's still a little sloppy, but it works reliably....now I really can't wait for DaveC's dpad mod! (and no more games that require tons of fast stick movements until then...)

It sounds like you rotated the stick by making sweeping movements with the Joystick. Happened to me until I stopped using it like a dpad and more like a mini joystick.

I think you're right...makes sense anyway...it's just hard to play any 3d game without making those kind of movements, so I'm going to stick with sidescrollers and leave the 3D to my PC.

Back