Experiment: Improving the keyboard quality, based on technique used in HP 200LX keyboard

how much do you think it would cost to develop an enhanced keyboard for the P1 this is an interesting prospect

Yes to reviving the thread. HMC's points are excellent, and the P2 could capture the fans of Zaurus and HP and Psion, if keyboard met HMCs criteria. This is a relatively large potential customer base, who would be willing to pay (more than the average gamer) for a successor to their beloved old devices.

Exactly.

I could also imagine that there would be two keyboard variants. The standard one optimized for thumb typing, and a second one, maybe financed by crowd funding, for better touch typing experience.

Ideally, those two variants can be exchanged by the user.

At this point I tend to consider looking at the P2 keyboard as either something of a theoretical exercise, or already designed and being implemented depending on whether or not you take the ICP2 as being representative.

In any case I'm actually more interested in the possibility of modding the existing Pandora keypad to be better for desktop typing. Has there been any progress made towards this end? Certainly there seems to be an interest.

One thought that comes to mind, if you are looking to use a bubble mat anyway, would it be possible or practical to use individual plastic key-caps rather than a single rubber keymat?

- Neelix

Back