What's The Dev Fund?

rabidpoobear said:
borgqueenx said:
yes. but the money will be a boost. not a "payment".
like zodttd. He's asking donations and a small payment for some emulators. He doesnt do that because he wants money for his project(ofcource im not sure), but everyone is being a bit more happy if they can make a bit money with their efforts :)
Where did zodttd say he was asking donations or payments? I'm pretty sure he said "I don't expect donations but they're welcome" which is quite different.
well because you have to pay for the emulators on cydia on iphone...And because you dont put up a donation button if you dont want some extra given money, as a thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
rabidpoobear said:
borgqueenx said:
like zodttd. He's asking donations and a small payment for some emulators. He doesnt do that because he wants money for his project(ofcource im not sure), but everyone is being a bit more happy if they can make a bit money with their efforts :)
Where did zodttd say he was asking donations or payments? I'm pretty sure he said "I don't expect donations but they're welcome" which is quite different.
well because you have to pay for the emulators on cydia on iphone...And because you dont put up a donation button if you dont want some extra given money, as a thanks.
Yeah that's the iPhone though. He said that his Pandora emulators are free.

rabidpoobear said:
borgqueenx said:
rabidpoobear said:
borgqueenx said:
Yeah that's the iPhone though. He said that his Pandora emulators are free.
thats true. but anyways you now know why i liked the idea of a money account used for a good piece of software.

I still think we should be told how much $$ the dev fund raised, after all it's money we put up the line.

Has been asked before, but AFIAK it was never disclosed.

Polossatik said:
I still think we should be told how much $$ the dev fund raised, after all it's money we put up the line.

Has been asked before, but AFIAK it was never disclosed.
Nice idea. A little profit and loss account on the official website showing the comings and goings.
But I still rather let the OP team deal with building the Pandora for now.
Let's gang up on them in a few months after we've all had the initial Pandora honeymoon period. :)

I'll donate blindly and trust the OP team to do good, but any information would make good reading.

rabidpoobear said:
It takes a LOT more effort to make these things than any amount of money raised will be worth.
priceless software... nice!

I'm sure it's been suggested... but if it's like a "community donation fund" then maybe have official polls on where the fund should go. Either when donating or some other form of control.. so that only actual donors have a say-so... when it comes to actual software titles.

The current use of the dev fund is very sound and just IMO

Back