Whats Been Entered For The Extended Gbax Compo

What with the gbax releases and ryleh saying they'll be a public fgen next week i think we're in for some kick ass fun.

if only it didnt also happen to be the week precedding a bitch load of exams, i swear someone up there hates me!

I'm lookin forward to a new version of opensnes i think ther was something about 0.3 being released so i presume its been put in for GBAX and fgen will b cool im quite lookin forward to it.

im really looking foward to the results, its pretty much a "best of the best" so i have my fingers crossed for a full speed snes emulator from one of two teams working on them. that'd get my vote :)

im really looking foward to the results, its pretty much a "best of the best" so i have my fingers crossed for a full speed snes emulator from one of two teams working on them. that'd get my vote :)
Thre are two different teams working on snes? Are you perhaps confusing snes with megadrive? Anyway, I'm very excited too- i really want osnes .5 to be released, but what I'm really looking forward too is fgen32....mmmmmmmm....genesis :p
I hope they both come out early this week; that would be amazing. Too bad fgen was never entered in a gbax compo; if that was the case, the decision would be rediculous :D

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe im mad, but i thought their was an emu based on the snes9x core, and another based on Zsnes?

nope, only ever two announced emus (not counting rylehs fsnes).

snes9xgp which was cancelled a loooong time ago and opensnes which everyones hoping for.

maybe u where thinking of rylehs emu which was cancelled. no idea what it was based on.

maybe im mad, but i thought their was an emu based on the snes9x core, and another based on Zsnes?
Who would be crazy enough to recode all of the x86 assembly in ZSNES? (Actually, I've seen some of it recoded in C, but there goes your speed improvement...)

nope, only ever two announced emus (not counting rylehs fsnes).

snes9xgp which was cancelled a loooong time ago and opensnes which everyones hoping for.

maybe u where thinking of rylehs emu which was cancelled. no idea what it was based on.
Actually 3 not counting fSnes:

SnesEmu (ZJ - released, but early beta, no sound or saves, faster than Snes9xGP)
Snes9xGP (Intelectio (sp?) - released)
OpenSnes9xGP (YoYo - released)

No-one's ever done a full port of the zSnes core, on account of being fairly majorly in x86 ASM - hence the reason why it runs at near full speed on a pentium 133. Hang on... isn't that the speed we've got available :)

Snes9x on the other hand is entirely in C or C++, so makes a much easier port. Or so I believe. That said, though, there have been a few messages from different people on the GP32dev board aaaaaaaages ago saying they wanted a bit of help looking at the zSnes source with the intention of translating it to ARM; I don't believe anything came of them though.

The only things I *know* are entered are Gigas and the updated version of the Tunnelgame, both of which I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping a lot for OS9x too, but I haven't heard anything really concrete on that front, so I'm not going to count my chickens quite yet.

I wonder if there'll be an update for GPWar?

oh shit i forgot snesemu, jesus. cant believe that, i used to use that all the time.

zardozjones was brilliant. pity he never finished it :(

No-one's ever done a full port of the zSnes core, on account of being fairly majorly in x86 ASM - hence the reason why it runs at near full speed on a pentium 133. Hang on... isn't that the speed we've got available :)

Snes9x on the other hand is entirely in C or C++, so makes a much easier port. Or so I believe. That said, though, there have been a few messages from different people on the GP32dev board aaaaaaaages ago saying they wanted a bit of help looking at the zSnes source with the intention of translating it to ARM; I don't believe anything came of them though.

The only things I *know* are entered are Gigas and the updated version of the Tunnelgame, both of which I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping a lot for OS9x too, but I haven't heard anything really concrete on that front, so I'm not going to count my chickens quite yet.

I wonder if there'll be an update for GPWar?

why not make a 65816 core in ASM?

Back