Whats Happened To The Extended Compo??

Discussion in 'General talk' started by declaration, Jun 18, 2004.

1. declaration

declaration "

Whats happened to the extended competition results/ entries??

Its been over a week now. Surely the people who worked hard on the competition entries deserve to know if they've won or not?

If this had already been discussed *recently* then ignore....

Tags:
  2. triksR4rabits

triksR4rabits The Dutchmaster

It has been discussed pretty recently, but who cares. I'm impatient too dammit! Anyway, Craig has been a busy man an simply hasnt had the time to review and put everything up on the site what with the blus coming in and all. God willing they will be up soon though; i've been waiting for what seems like months :p
    BTW- anyone have a clue about when the public fgen beta supposed to come out? Its supposed to be this week right?

3. RomHacker316

RomHacker316 Member

I don't remember an exact week being given for the FGen beta. The email containing the private beta simply said Ryleh was putting in the Z80 core then tweaking it and once thats done he would put out a public beta. Said it would be "soon" I think.

4. Craig probably has a lot on right now, I'm thinking ht eresults shall be released pretty soon.
    I don't really mind myself right now as i have a lot else on my mind right now: starting A Levels, Selling GP32 FLU, buying GP32 BLU, receiving DVD's from Screenselect, etc...

Bwaaarrggghhhhh!!
    <head explodes>
    :blink:

5. frolik

frolik Bass Invader

I wonder if they're giving a sneaky extension to get certain progs into the compo....

6. craigix

craigix Mega GP Mania

Just waiting for the BLU's to arrive.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

7. Wolfsclaw

Wolfsclaw can't be longer than 2 months right?

hmm when do you expect them, beginning next week, this weekend or when.....?
    and no offense, but why do you have to wait just tell the winner he gets his blu a bit later :eek:

8. ThaFresh

ThaFresh Still Fresh

What do the BLU's have to do with the comp?

9. triksR4rabits

Well, the winner does recieve a BLU

10. RomHacker316

RomHacker316 Member

A lot of people have preordered the BLUs from gbax so Craig must want to get those out before he judges the contest entries.

11. declaration

declaration "

why?

a list of entries should be announced at least....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  12. Enslaved

Enslaved Guy.

Why? Because he wants money. Is it only him judging?

13. mr twit

mr twit A can of spam!

Can't you just release them and announce the winner later like in normal GBAX compos?

14. spray

spray PSP pwner

i'm with mr twit on this one

also it would allow for a much larger range of opinions concerning the judging, not saying that everyone should have a say, but the judges can at least gauge the general feeling of joe bloggs users!

15. Tobriand

Tobriand Very Active Member

I think its the same judges as last time; not sure though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  16. triksR4rabits

No use in pressuring him; i think its a little late to be saying that he should put the results up since they will probably be up real soon (c'mon blu's! hurry the fuck up!). I REALLY wanna know, though, if osnes.5 was submitted... my god i want it so damn bad...

17. ThaFresh

ThaFresh Still Fresh

It it cos they might sell more BLU's because of the exitement generated by the entries?. Im not trying ot be inflammatory but i see no other reason.

18. Tobriand

Tobriand Very Active Member

Generally being busy? Updating a site does take time, after all... Quite apart from the fact that if the intention is to put up results and entries at the same time, all the judges have to have found time to give each entry a decent test - and it all takes time. And when you're in the middle of a release, bugging various people to get their deliveries speeded up, and such, that kind of time could take a little while to come up with...

Plus which, this is a competition where each entry, if I understand it correctly, is judged against their previously entered version. Which means they have to be played for a while too to get the original state of things into the mind.

And of course, we're all forgetting that other entries that have been in previous compos may well have been updated - that means there's another few versions we're all not expecting which have to be tested - e.g. potentially The Great Gianna Sisters remake; remember, the original never came out, but the final one did - which means both are available to be judged against one another. And I can't believe that's the only situation in which there'll have been a "covert" entry (i.e. found off the net with the dev'r having updated it)...

19. Mark

Mark Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative

I really can't see openSnes 0.5 being in it, unfortuantly.

20. declaration

declaration "

a list of entries would take maybe 30 seconds to put online and it would dispel any doubts about late entries etc being allowed.....