What Website Shall I Base It On...

crap crap crap, sorry sam_fisher can you edit the picture names please again! sorry!!!!!! i bi-accidently done something wrong!

sam fisher posted on Aug 5 2005 at 08:54 PM said:
replace the other with a page that redirects people to this one.

I can write a page that uses javascript to auto redirect to the new site if you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
saintdragon posted on Aug 5 2005 at 08:43 PM said:
please goto gp-mania for the new gp-mania site!

only that domain will be updated and the other one will not!

thanks all!

I noticed you have the news on the front page, would you like me to create a news page so you can put it there instead? I only ask as it's more professional for the front page to be like an introduction to your site and not a list of events?

TTFN,
Clare.

Question, does the new host support php? if so, is index.php the default document for php?

I only ask as I would like to convert the site to php so I can add a counter and place the banner and menus etc on seperate files. it will make things easier when the site becomes more complex.

Edit:

Forget the above post, I just figured out the site is running PHP Version 4.3.11 by creating a phpinfo.php file.

saintdragon, mind if I do some technical stuff on the site?

I have done a little update:
Update

Things that are in this update are:

1. Counter at the bottom
2. News has its own section
3. Scroll bar colour now matches the website (Only in I.E I'm afraid)
4. FAQ and Other Stuff pages now exist
5. Banners and Menu are now seperate files
6. Site is now PHP based

If you like then I will upload it to the main site.

TTFN
Clare.

edit:
1. Moved critical pages to a resource directory
2. Added smileys in the images directory

all is good, i am getting my hosting, my page is started [whoar]here[/whoar]

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 6 2005 at 10:52 AM said:
Hia at

I have written a little html/javascript file that you can upload to your old site that redirects to the new one :) . Heres the file:

oldsite.zip

To see it in action, go here.

TTFN,
Clare.

kool, thanks!

EDIT* dont mind if you make it look technical :), aslo have you udated it yourself or shall i do it?

another EDIT* hmmm, i like the news on the front page thanks :).... unless you want it the other way, your better with sites then me...

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 6 2005 at 09:38 AM said:
I have done a little update:
Update

Things that are in this update are:

1. Counter at the bottom
2. News has its own section
3. Scroll bar colour now matches the website (Only in I.E I'm afraid)
4. FAQ and Other Stuff pages now exist
5. Banners and Menu are now seperate files
6. Site is now PHP based

If you like then I will upload it to the main site.

TTFN
Clare.

edit:
1. Moved critical pages to a resource directory
2. Added smileys in the images directory
couple of things .

1. where can we download the updated stuff?
2. :lol: now there are like 3 phpinfo files on that server
3. about having index pages to stop people listing the files in the directory. I can just turn off the indexing of those folders so they will just get a 404 or a 403 i dont remember which.

sam fisher posted on Aug 6 2005 at 12:28 PM said:
couple of things .

1. where can we download the updated stuff?
2. :lol: now there are like 3 phpinfo files on that server
3. about having index pages to stop people listing the files in the directory. I can just turn off the indexing of those folders so they will just get a 404 or a 403 i dont remember which.

Hia,

I have already updated the site, so it should be running fine now :) .

saintdragon posted on Aug 6 2005 at 12:23 PM said:
another EDIT* hmmm, i like the news on the front page thanks :).... unless you want it the other way, your better with sites then me...

It will get rather messy if you put all the news items on the front page, You could do always of course put only the newest or most important news item on the front page, and leave all the rest on the news page. Actually I will impiment that now, BRB

Edit:

Okay, done that, so you can edit the news item on the front page!, Don't forget to add it to the main news section too!

saintdragon posted on Aug 6 2005 at 03:13 PM said:
kool, looks better then i thought, very profesh.. :)

Kewl,

What you need to do now is get some content on there. Let me know if you need anything doing on the site, and good luck :)

TTFN,
Clare.

saintdragon posted on Aug 7 2005 at 12:14 AM said:
Thanks!

hmmm, any suggestions on what i shall fill the content with?

Well yes, as already suggested, GP32 art. It's now up to you to do your research and find as much GP32 related art.... Whether it be art pictures that's in games or other etc. you must ask the author if it's okay to use it though.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 7 2005 at 12:27 AM said:
saintdragon posted on Aug 7 2005 at 12:14 AM said:
Thanks!

hmmm, any suggestions on what i shall fill the content with?

Well yes, as already suggested, GP32 art. It's now up to you to do your research and find as much GP32 related art.... Whether it be art pictures that's in games or other etc. you must ask the author if it's okay to use it though.

ok, i see, but will art do enough to fill up the content, also im not too sure i can do this by myself, any volentiers...hint hint :rolleyes: ....

Back