Pandora What Version Of Gtk Is Shipping With Pandora?

Gary13579

This is related to a program I'm working on, and I want a few of the features that are only included with newer versions of GTK. Stuff like buttons on notifications, and attaching notifications onto a StatusIcon, like this:

statusicon-notify.png

The Pandora will also come shipped with a notification area (fairly sure it is due to nm-applet), and libnotify installed, right?

A little spoilers of my upcoming Pandora app (crossplatform between pretty much any *nix OS that meets the above criteria, but I'll put together a PND specifically for you guys):

geXXI.png

Edit: With the tray icon,

FxSuV.png

To answer my own question, yes, it has a relatively new GTK and libnotify.

B-ZaR said:
Some kind of phone sync/sms/dun applet? Yes, please! :)

It is a Google Voice application (sorry, that means its US only!). It will list all conversations, allow you to reply, notifications on new SMS, allow you to initiate phone calls (I don't think I'll be including a SIP client, so you'll have to use Ekiga or any other VoIP software), lets you view/edit Google Contacts, lists/plays visual voicemail with transcriptions, etc... Overall, this will help severely for people that are wanting to use their Pandora as a phone.

It is being written in Ruby (partly an experiment to learn the language), and will likely be released as GPL. Completely cross platform, it should run on Linux, OSX, Pandora, and *maybe* Windows (I'm not sure how GTK/libnotify is handled on Windows). As far as I know, this is the first desktop GV application that doesn't have extremely bloated dependencies (Adobe Air...).

I'm mostly just tired of missing my text messages when I'm sitting at my computer, so I wrote the notification part, and now I feel like I should expand it into a full blown app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary13579 said:
It is being written in Ruby (partly an experiment to learn the language), and will likely be released as GPL. Completely cross platform, it should run on Linux, OSX, Pandora, and *maybe* Windows (I'm not sure how GTK/libnotify is handled on Windows). As far as I know, this is the first desktop GV application that doesn't have extremely bloated dependencies (Adobe Air...).

I'm mostly just tired of missing my text messages when I'm sitting at my computer, so I wrote the notification part, and now I feel like I should expand it into a full blown app.

GTK is pretty common on Windows. Pidgin, for example, installs the standalone GTK+ runtimes.

As for how old they are...? No idea.

Libnotify? We have balloon tips!

Kramy said:
Gary13579 said:

GTK is pretty common on Windows. Pidgin, for example, installs the standalone GTK+ runtimes.

As for how old they are...? No idea.

Libnotify? We have balloon tips!

I know GTK exists for Windows, but I'm not sure how libnotify works on it. Whether they'll be automatically wrapped to balloon tips or not. I don't want to have to write code specifically for Windows, but if there's enough demand, I will.

I hit a serious roadblock that I'm not sure how to get around (major memleaks in one of my dependencies, woke up to the application using 6.2gb of RAM), but I'll figure it out.

Memleak is fixed. Lots of shit being thrown at me IRL, but I've got the GUI written to read all convos. It's looking really nice, I'll share pictures when I get the time (as well as fork the project off of this thread).

Back