What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

• Awesome wm
  • LaTeX
  • Graphviz
  • Conkeror
Graphviz may well be coming shortly. I left it compiling overnight - and it completed when I had got up this morning. Haven't had time to test it, or package it up yet but I would say its well on the way...

Aaarghh i have one of my Ideas again...

...ohmmmm... :)

We have a Gles to GL Wrapper from Linuxbochs..

..mean you there is a Glide to Gles Wrapper?

Then can we maybe use 3DFX Games with Qemu-User-WineX86.

Or a Glide to GL to Linuxbochs GL Wrapper?

Boah new Things to Try :D

What mean you Ptitseb?

I can't find "Pandora as HID device" in that list.

Lots of people miss that.

Real good N64 as well.

(Hope for Mupen 64)

For me it's exactly the other way round.

I'd like to see more 3D commercial stuff like Jedi Knight and free space.

Aaarghh i have one of my Ideas again...

...ohmmmm... :)

We have a Gles to GL Wrapper from Linuxbochs..

..mean you there is a Glide to Gles Wrapper?

Then can we maybe use 3DFX Games with Qemu-User-WineX86.

Or a Glide to GL to Linuxbochs GL Wrapper?

Boah new Things to Try :D

What mean you Ptitseb?
What  be worth trying is a build of DosBOx with Glide emulation included. But , IIRC, the Glide part use some Shader, but I'm not sure...

Proper joymapping control panel for TV-out (i.e. mirror Pandora controls to joypad) There is QJoypad but it doesn't work in all cases, unfortunately.
what issues do you have with Qjoypad?
Not too many - but...

• Some apps don't read the "keyboard keys" that the gaming buttons and so QJoypad falls down.
  • Pandora button cannot be mapped so you have to get up just to press it...
  • Nub mapping is a bit tricky - I think you can only map nubs in mouse mode.

Proper joymapping control panel for TV-out (i.e. mirror Pandora controls to joypad) There is QJoypad but it doesn't work in all cases, unfortunately.
what issues do you have with Qjoypad?
Not too many - but...

• Some apps don't read the "keyboard keys" that the gaming buttons and so QJoypad falls down.
  • Pandora button cannot be mapped so you have to get up just to press it...
  • Nub mapping is a bit tricky - I think you can only map nubs in mouse mode.
I guess its more an issue with the apps themselves than with Qjoypad. Pandora button may be another story, though. Isnt the Pandora button some kind of combination? 

As for the nubs, what controller did you try with QJoypad?

Slideshow tool - I wonder what's wrong with the built-in img viewer - ristretto I think? You can set it to full-screen and start a slideshow hitting F11 and F5

• Awesome wm
  • LaTeX
  • Graphviz
  • Conkeror
Graphviz may well be coming shortly. I left it compiling overnight - and it completed when I had got up this morning. Haven't had time to test it, or package it up yet but I would say its well on the way...
A beta of graphviz will go up this weekend. Its needs some more work (lefty will not work ATM due to me needing to do something with fonts). Its packaged and tested - but I need food now and I don't have the mental fortitude to sit down and write the additional text for the repo entry. I've included direct application links to gvedit, ZGR Viewer (requires java) and the command line for starters. However, I need some direction on where people want this to go; I have no use for it so I'm doing this kind of blind. Its quite an easy build so if there is something fundamental missing shout - or if you want something added on - shout - damn - just shout!  :p

Back