What should I do with my new DSi?

Nardella

I just received a used and damaged (I repaired it) DSi for Christmas. Now, I already own a Pandora, what do you guys recommend.

Is there anything a hacked DSi can do that a Pandora cannot?

Are the any games you guys would recommend?

Is there any non gaming things an unhacked DSi can do that a Pandora cannot?

Well, DS and DSi games for one. I think that is pretty much it. I would recommend advanced wars: days of ruin. I can't think of anything that a DSI can do that a pandora can not.

Playing against people online with MARIO KART works great and that is something the Pandora cannot do.

That alone is worth keeping it.

Also Mario vs DonkeyKong is great to play online with because many others have created new levels and you can download them for free.

Same thing with Warioware DIY!!...tons of puzzles to download for free!!

As long as you have WIFI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would reccomend getting one of these, absolutely love mine

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?cPath=30_34&products_id=862

haven't used this, but says it enables "dsi mode"

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?products_id=994

the pandora can't and won't support DS emulation ever so if you like ds games this is prety much a must

emulator wise it does all systems inferior to the pandora, it might do GBA and NES as well, but stuff like SNES or SMS it lags a bit and the emulation is far from polished. N64 and PS1 are not likely

the one reason to keep a DS is for the DS roms and backups, nothing in the near future is going to be abl to emulate it in the handheld realm

Last edited by a moderator:
ERR HELLO!! Your forgetting we're getting a ram upgrade shortly when the new production occurs, plus alterations to the cases! Duh!

This will unlock the DSP and allow for socketable double screens (swapable with the largely pointless keyboard, as we have a touchscreen than can mimic capacitive mutlitouch in Angrybirds by pressing f5 already) and then DS emulation, is a non sequitur thereafter. Plus the TV out cables will be made soon and then, anything that runs on a TV will be possible, so I am personaly looking forward to the Judge Judy app being ported from iOS. 2012 is indeed the year of the Pandora and not some Mayan collapse of critical thinking its made out to be.

I am keenly aiwaiting these improvements, as well as PSP emulation and a win-phone 7 port. The undercover development team is aiming for an open beta release on Apr 1 this year.

Back