What Should I Buy

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
I got married on Saturday and have some money now to play with. I'm looking to buy a new gaming system (classic) and want some ideas, maybe systems i didn't think of, soo what should i get?? Here is what i have in mind so far and i can only buy 1.

Neo Geo CD
Neo Geo AES
TurboDuo
Turbo Express
3do

have i missed anything? I am a video game collector and already own quite a large collection already, but what other rare systems could you recommend?

I'd say either the turbo-duo or the NG-AES simply becauase it's easier to track down thei games from what I've seen.

As for other rare systems I feel like anything I could name you might already have...since I dont know what you have. But I'll suggest Vectrex just because I love mine so much. :)

turbo duo or neo geo aes.

i would buy the turbo express, but thats only cuz i love handhelds, and the TE is the tops in terms of graphics and whatnot. plus the tv tuner is a big plus :)

There's supposed to be a "blood code" for a few of the NG games but what works on Samurai showdown might not work on Metal Slug, I can't say though as I never knew how to switch it personally... you might be ablet o find the answer on Gamefaqs... maybe.

Angel posted on Oct 9 2005 at 08:19 PM said:
whoo hoo at i just won this baby.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0...Item=8223392030

what i don't understand is the guy says there is a switch to change the blood in samurai showdown but doesn't know if it will work in other fighting games because its the only one he owns, yet he has 4 king of fighters??!!!!????
nice.

i have no money to buy anymore classic systems, nevermind the room in my house

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can somehow access the bios or reflash it with an already existing one, maybe you'd be able to change some settings like that. Of course this is for the Neo-Geo CD so I don't know if the blood may be somewhere on some of the discs or could be completely removed even. I know that setting the original (non CD) Neo-Geo system to either Japan or Europe will enable proper blood colors so I assume games from Japan and Europe for the Neo-Geo CD should be the same.

Well KOF series is still really enjoyable with blood removed (didn't even have that much) though Metal Slug is pretty cool with the red blood but once again still very fun in the white blood version.. I remember playing the series on the arcades a long time ago and was wondering what that white crap was... I didn't know it was even supposed to be blood til I found out many Neo-Geo games were censored and found there was an option to change this stuff in the bios.

Well at least you've got a Neo-Geo CD system with 5 awesome games so that's pretty sweet at least. I've always wanted to play the Neo-Geo CD version of KOF '97, where the original Neo-Geo version some character's stages didn't have music cause of the limits of the current carts until they've made higher capacity ones later on (debuted when they released '98 I think).

The switch just changes the region the NeoCD thinks it is in (US / JAP).
Therefore, it will change the text from Japanese to US in some games and change the blood color in Samurai Spirits (as it has been censored in the US release). :)

Back