What Rpg Are You Working On?

Hmm... they seem to work fine here, and for the few people I've linked them to... Try pasting them into the addy bar rather than clicking them; might work better. Or don't bother, since I'll zip 'em up and email them to you anyway (probably easier).

EDIT: At least, if I can find your email addy.

s'ok, i've seen them (switched to opera)

that Cathedral Shrine looks brilliant :D

Its mostly going to be in there, probably, as an interesting location to make the mansion/castle/whatever look better, but I might use it as a "Hide round the corner, overhear a conversation" type place. The vast majority of this RPG will, once scripting starts, be based on avoiding guards/floor-traps/information gathering, if I can manage to work it all in (so you might know not to go down such and such a route, since it either doesn't go where you want it to, or takes you to a place where there's a tonne of guards who will be PC powered - as likely to kill you as you would be to kill them).

The sewers I still want to make a couple of slightly modified tiles for (specifically a water tile to blend the darker water "shadows" with the normal water) since the perspective isn't absolutely obvious when there, although its more so on a GP - if a helluvalot darker and more sewerey.

Next up: either the rest of the castle, or the town. Though probably not for a while, since they're somewhat large areas; at least, if I'm going to get the game to be a decent length, they are...

I wrote 5 pages of a story, but I dont like it
I am currently sitting on a farm town map that I dont know what will be used for
Maybe I can make a gp32 port of Dungeon Siege...

~Octavious

I think my games gonna be called:
SON: Scum of the Nation
Here's a spritesheet for my first char:
char2.PNG

And it's not a rip! :lol:
I've designed tyhe convo and cutscene.
It's gonna be different, for example a brothel instead of an inn. health will be various drugs. Weapons will be:
N00b weapons:
fist
borken bottle
knuckle dusters
medium wepaons:
chain
baseball bat
ace weapons(range attacks):
pistol
machine gun
grenade

I will invent much more as time goes on.
But the question is does it sound alright..?
:blink:

outside of town Darthworth is done here, now building the insides of the houses :)

Q1.gif

The outside :)

Q2.gif

The inside :)

that character will probably change, it's kind of like a test character :) anyway building town goes first, then making characters and then making the story :) (it'll be a very heavy story-based RPG based on my manuscript :))

I'll post a test version here when I'm done with the town :)

@Tobriand

You should fix the seams between the sidewalks and the grass, maybe a tile that goes where the tile next to the sidewalk that is half sidewalk and half grass but blended together.

@Q-Wi-Q

Wow thats nice, you should wait till 0.7.0 to release cause you could add features that that version will have like talking and stuff.

thnx ^^ it'll be way better when i have villagers etc in :)

hm, which reminds me, I think I'm gonna make some charsets now :)

Q-Wi-Q posted on May 29 2004 at 06:11 PM said:
outside of town Darthworth is done here, now building the insides of the houses :)

The inside :)

that character will probably change, it's kind of like a test character :) anyway building town goes first, then making characters and then making the story :) (it'll be a very heavy story-based RPG based on my manuscript :))

I'll post a test version here when I'm done with the town :)

that looks very sweet, love the tilesets - can't wait to play it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
he ripped a bunch, I am using some of them...
but its still awesome!
will gigas work in geepee? I would like to photo my town also
but wheres a good free host?
NOT ANGELFIRE

~Octavious

edit
I have decided that I wont do a Diablo game
and Inferno kinda died....
I think I will try a FF9 themed game or maybe a Dungeon Siege version
but I would like FF9.....
actually, I Think I will make a FF9 2d port, or try atleast!
( there goes the next year and a half of my life.. )

edit again..
well, I have made a vivi entity from a other guys sheet, but will make it 6 screen compatable and I have started Zidane, Dagger, and Steiner
and I am tryin to remake first level
will post pics
might just put my town in the game as a secret place or sumtin

one is ripped from chrono trigger, the other from Seiken Densetsu III (the game I'll probably rip all charactersets from for my four main characters ;))

I'm kind of tired of making the insides of the houses as I've made them all on one map and I can't find a place for my last 3 house interiors and I don't feel like making a new map for it :p how do you ppl solve that problem (if you know what I mean: I put all my interiors of houses in that city in map2, but map2 is too small to have them all (I don't want you to walk to the edges of one interior and see the edges of the next - it'll just fuck up the illusion)) :)

GeePee works:

1) get the european firmware
2) rename it to fw100k.bin
3) download geepee and makesmc
4) copy your SMC to your hdd
5) use the makeSMC program in dos prompt
6) boot geepee32 (have the bios in your geepee32 dir of course ^^)
7) "load SMC"

it goes terribly slow though, but a screenshot can't tell that :)

i'll happily host images for people, i'll also host games and tilesets etc once i get the new site design finished. if you want me to host some jpegs of your game just e-mail me the jpgs to gigas at pirotic dot com.

would be nice to have some user designed games shown on the gigas website anyway :)

I'm thinking of making a Kill Bill fangame when i have time....

as that would be sweet

sry, but I want last message to stay
sue me if your pissed I double posted
and I know bout edit
found a nice upload place, I will use it, but thx Pirotic
these pics were for a diablo game, but I am not going to do a diablo game
and the main guy is the same, I am going to use FF9 like guys for the FF game
and I am not going to implement them until 7.0 comes out

EDIT

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed
[/quote]
it wont let me show my uploaded pics

~Octavious

Pirotic posted on May 30 2004 at 02:47 PM said:
i'll happily host images for people, i'll also host games and tilesets etc once i get the new site design finished. if you want me to host some jpegs of your game just e-mail me the jpgs to gigas at pirotic dot com.

would be nice to have some user designed games shown on the gigas website anyway :)
if you want to use my screenshots pirotic, go ahead, you don't have to but just so you know that you can use them at will :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back