What Music DEFINES The Eighties?

Hey....great one.  If I could give one person a prize for getting the spirit of a thread that I don't even get, then it'd be you (IMO).  Now, THAT strictly synthesizer-based (theme for Beverly Hills Cops movie) song just reeeeeeeks of the Eighties.   :)  In an awesomey sort of flash-backy way.  Truly.

Daaamn, thank you for costing me an hour of productivity :) (I just did an 80s video run through a few weeks back too..)

jeff

Ah Transvision Vamp! Wendy James is a lovely lady. My band actually supported hers a few years ago and she was very sweet. Wouldn't play any Transvision Vamp though!

Speaking of dance battles, how about Pat Benetar vs all the pimps in Love Is A Battlefield!

Hey some more realy good picks mentioned here!!

Did you know Peter Gabriel sat for nearly twelve hours making strange faces...for the video to "Sledgehammer"?

Axel F...great choice!

Also, Billy Idol, Sting (The Police)

Also saw mention for Prince doing 1999, which was good...and Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was definitely in a class all by itself...back from the days when Michael was still black!  Worst move Michael ever made was dumping Quincy Jones, if you ask me.

These are some awesome, awesome memories.

Would love to have full broadband Internet access in the 80's...take a Pandy with me...and then time travel back to the eighties and STAY THERE!!

The only bad thing about the eighties I can think of is Ronald Reagan!

Last edited by a moderator:
Genesis kicks butt, Franko...nice choice!

I like what a reviewer once wrote about the song "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves...

"A perfect song for a decade in which winter lasted ten years in the White House"

By the way...

Someone PM'ed me about the Michael Jackson comment above...and I want to clarify that this was, in no way, meant as a racist comment.

It comes from a "You Know You Might Be A Child Of The 80's If..."list.

here's the link.

http://www.olywa.net/radu/valerie/80schild.html

Incidentally, Michael Jackson...in all seriousness...had a condition called vitiligo.  I know this, because I, myself, have this same condition.

It is a autoimmune disorder which causes your immune system to attack healthy cells in your skin that produce melanin - which is what gives your skin pigment.

Vitiligo causes patches to appear on your skin where no pigmentation occurs.  It is not contagious.

In white people, like myself, this is not normally a huge problem, however, for darker-skinned people this can become a huge issue - especially if the patches appear on the face - which can happen.

In my case, it is mostly my hands, though I do have patches all over my body, except none on the face.

You can Google up pictures to see what Vitiligo can do to a darker-skinned person...and if you see those, you understand what Michael Jackson was doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup.  Got PM'ed about it.

Not by a Mod, incidentally.

In either case, I decided to go ahead and elaborate on the comment, anyway.

Besides, the link to Child Of The 80's is a lot of fun.

I got 71 out of 100.

Back