First Gig!!

Ernest

DeFiAnT
Website
Visit site
As the title says im gonna be doin my first gig in a week with my band, well i say band its only me and dan who's the bassist we don't hav a drummer at the mo we got this guy on temporary but he thinks im a much better guitarist than the one in his current band so im gonna convert him, neway im the singer and if any1 lives in the forest newhere ask for times and dates and u cud come see me play its only small sorta more like a jammin seession but will be headin for makin our own Cd soon, we play ska and reggae like sublime and im rage inspired as said in a previous topic so i like experimenting with sound too, shud be interesting just wondered if any of you guys are in the area at all and could make it!
Also as i promised before i will have samples soon up online after we record a cd im hoping it will be within a month or so!!

Edit: Oh yeh we haven't got a name yet so any suggestions are welcome, I'm thinking possibly Burning wreck or distorted views or even Somebody, but their all quite shite me thinks so any suggestions are welcome!

Wot about:
Failed Vision
Anti-note (Pun on antidite sorta)
Prepubescent blacksmith (that one just sounded funny in my head)
Explored
Foul Down
SpeakerVoice
Catch 22
Hack&/ (Hack & Slash)
Silence Down
Failed Years
wot about "Distorted Silence"

Bundle of crap, but hey

mattmagoo posted on Apr 29 2004 at 08:48 PM said:
Wot about:
Failed Vision
Anti-note (Pun on antidite sorta)
Prepubescent blacksmith (that one just sounded funny in my head)
Explored
Foul Down
SpeakerVoice
Catch 22
Hack&/ (Hack & Slash)
Silence Down
Failed Years
wot about "Distorted Silence"

Bundle of crap, but hey
Catch 22 is already a band, a quite established, now split up ska band!

Last edited by a moderator:
how come all bands have such depressing names? how bout the tinkle dinkles? the uber dubers? rocking stocking? or............ ok i'm done <_<

i think we'll end up calling our band distorted views, or maybe disillusioned minds but they're both quite shit but the name don' tmatter as long the musics good.

heh i remeber my first gig we got bombarded with sausage rolls at a large birthday party .. i guess our grunge sound just cut it well down with a bunch a ravers who were expecting techno :D

I liked our band name at the time 'lemonade kills' B)

Ernest posted on Apr 29 2004 at 07:39 PM said:
As the title says im gonna be doin my first gig in a week with my band, well i say band its only me and dan who's the bassist we don't hav a drummer at the mo we got this guy on temporary but he thinks im a much better guitarist than the one in his current band so im gonna convert him, neway im the singer and if any1 lives in the forest newhere ask for times and dates and u cud come see me play its only small sorta more like a jammin seession but will be headin for makin our own Cd soon, we play ska and reggae like sublime and im rage inspired as said in a previous topic so i like experimenting with sound too, shud be interesting just wondered if any of you guys are in the area at all and could make it!
Also as i promised before i will have samples soon up online after we record a cd im hoping it will be within a month or so!!

Edit: Oh yeh we haven't got a name yet so any suggestions are welcome, I'm thinking possibly Burning wreck or distorted views or even Somebody, but their all quite shite me thinks so any suggestions are welcome!
Names -

A week last tuesday - heard someone say it and thought, wow, that could b a bands name.
Rubber glove

... and i think of cool names for bands all the time (well, i think theyre cool B)) but they're the only 2 i can think off off the top of my head.

I heard my voice thru a mic today for the first time in three years, sounded okay now my voice has broke since i was 11or12 or wotever i was then, and i think our band will be called Burning Wreck temporary, until i think of a better name or ne of the other guys do, we're makin a cd soon too so ill upload em on mp3.com for u guys to take alook and see what you think.
Im finally gettin them sorted Finty.

Nah i thinking burning wreck is okay, wll some fit bird said it sounds goo soooo.... neway yeh neway.....
ps i love my new mic and im sooooo pissd lol lollollollollollollol

Crocomire posted on May 7 2004 at 09:47 PM said:
"temporary" sound cool, but burning wreck sounds good too
to be honest 'burning wreck' doesn't sound promising.
People may think that's a description of the music :eek: :p

Back