What Is The Value Of Money?

ish420

This is really directed at the devs of this project. This is a just concern I have. With the ongoing collapse in the monetary system, will the Pandora Dev team be able to recoup their investments and be able to produce a second batch of systems or will the coming crash wipe out all investment opportunities for the future of this project? What do you think? Now, I'm no financial adviser. Nor am I an accountant. It is just that this came to mind. It can't be worst than some of the other threads I've seen pop up around here.

IMO it's not really appropriate to speculate on their financial situation. I'm sure they'll let us know if the second batch is or isn't feasible, when the time comes.

The best we can do is support them, buy the system, tell everyone, and hope they get the rewards they deserve.

Gruso said:
IMO it's not really appropriate to speculate on their financial situation. I'm sure they'll let us know if the second batch is or isn't feasible, when the time comes.

The best we can do is support them, buy the system, tell everyone, and hope they get the rewards they deserve.
Believe me, I intend to buy the system and have been promoting it to friends. But if $330 USD is not worth $330 by the time Pandora rolls around, this could have very grave grave consequences for a small company such as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, you're asking a small few-man dev team to predict the economic future of the entire planet?

I think the only appropriate answer is 'the fish.'

- Insert commentary about the US economy imploding due to really seriously stupid corporate greed over the last 10 years
- Insert commentary about ol Georgey Bush devestating the economy the last 8 years just as much as Lehman
- Insert note the Pandora devs are not in the US and while a US recession would wreck the world economy, its not going to alter the total value of money .. just a recession, not a world collapser

(Sorry, snarky in the morning but you're asking for it :)

jeff

ish420 said:
Gruso said:

Believe me, I intend to buy the system and have been promoting it to friends. But if $330 USD is not worth $330 by the time Pandora rolls around, this could have very grave grave consequences for a small company such as this.

It is still not apropriate. It is up to them to deal with what happens and if they come out and ask the community for help then we can get involved. Until then, such topics are off limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it is inappropriate. but I don't think any topic is off limits around here. It's just a concern because I don't know if a second batch may be possible if things continue the way they are going. Even when all 3000 Pandoras are sold. Also, I may not be on time to preorder from the first batch. I expect it will sell like hotcakes. Who knows. Maybe the second batch will increase in price. Say $399? Sorry if this displeases some of you. I just think $330 is a steal given the tech, time and effort going into this project.

The commodity prices (energy, transport, raw materials) will not rise as fast as they would be without this financial disaster. That is a plus for the Pandora. When the currency collapses, your loan will be paid back in the same amount of dollars or euros, though they are of much lesser value. The only danger is trade barriers and uncertainly with the relation of nations in the world over diminishing resources, stricter chinese manufacturing regulations, higher chinese wages etc. which could push the price up from the manufacturer (agree a price and later they raise it).

I feel the need to post here. I asked exactly this question for primarily this concern a few weeks ago, and was met with mixed answers.

It is always rude to ask about monetary situations, however, this much is true:

If the first batch sees significant success, a second batch WILL be made, and it will probably be larger.

The devs have no intention of raising the price.

One of the devs (I don't remember which) has stated that if the Pandora sees as much success as the GP2X, he will be VERY happy. Considering that the GP2X sold tens of thousands, it is likely that the devs want to make a second batch.

If you are concerned about the future of the Pandora, remember that the Pandora relies on the community. And the community relies on the software devs. So If you want to help insure a second batch, considered wiring some money to devs like Zodttd (zodttd.com). Be sure to send Zodttd a message and encourage him to work on the Pandora.

btw,
to anywone who loves the n64, please join Zodttd.com and tell him that you want him to work on n64pandora. He did intend on working on it, but he is too busy at the moment. If he gets enough encouragement, he might start up the project.

I'm sorry, but this is amusing.

As big oil continues to suck any fluid capital from middle America, we should all buy a Pandora & a solar charger for it.

Expect the grid to shut down. If you thought Enron wreaked havoc on California's power, wait till this economic collapse. We will be fighting for control of the local grocer, and struggling for safe water to drink.

The wall between Mexico & the US is to keep us in.

If you don't have solar, your Pandora is useless after 10-12 hours when it all goes down.

Cheers!

Link

Back