To Designers Of The Pandora

What will you do early November if your order has not arrived?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julien

Still Fresh
I'm sorry to publicly telling you this way but your blog do not allow comments and openpandorasales@gmail.com have no clues or direct contact with you.

I patiently waited until today but imagine paying a "24h Chrono-Post" and still not receiving your package 2 months later ? It's a bit how I feel today!

For such project, you can absolutely make a 2 or 3 months mistake but not over 6 months or a year.
You already know this is a slow process and wouldn't receive such whining from me if you telling me January 2010.

I give you enough time and money (nearly 350€) to be at least better informed of the situation.
You fail in such important task.

Pressure is a proof of interest.
If there is no pressure then there is no hurry.

To my concern, I give another chance to your project until the end of October as you have told me.
Hope you guy's understand but this is how it goes.

I think I represent a small portion of your customers so you clearly know now how to react if you want to keep us interested.

Again sorry for the somewhat raw content of this message, but I'm getting impatient.

Making a poll and public outburst isn't the best way to go about expressing your impatience. If you have been following the latest information on these forums you will know that parts are already in production. This isn't going to make the factories make things faster.

puppydee said:

:p lol

Is there really any need to mock somebody just because their first language may not be English? I think a paying customer is entitled to post their concerns, even if their English may not be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
LuvClub said:
puppydee said:

:p lol

Is there really any need to mock somebody just because their first language may not be English? I think a paying customer is entitled to post their concerns, even if their English may not be perfect.
His English is fine, the problem is that he doesn't seem to understand that putting more pressure on OP is not going to help anything - right now, they're waiting for the molds/cases just like we are. I seriously doubt they have ever been just sitting around thinking "Well, I guess people just don't want this device that much - surely no one will mind if we insert some artificial delays..." and so complaining is not going to make anything happen any faster.

It's very hard, if you're not a powerful organization, to release a new commercial product. I know that because some time ago my father and I tried to publish a book made by many authors (It had to do whith my dad's work) and we intended to do so in 3 months and we worked with an international editorial. Well, the book took more than a year and a half to be on the book shop. There were so many things which can slow down the process that we didn't even know some of them were possible but finally the book is at the shop.
That taught me that any kind of project done by a "bunch of guys" like the OpenPandora team may be delayed more than anyone can expect. This probability is increased the more companies they contact or the more distant they are from each other.

Because of the book experience, a year ago I decided not to place any preorder but wait till the second batch since I didn't knew if this "bunch of guys" would surrender when they had any difficulties or they would continue with it.
Now, one year later after that, those guys did not only overcome some very hard challenges which are documented on this very forum but they almost have the first 105 units of their own made videogame system. These guys will not surrender now that the hard part is done and anyone who once bet on them preordering a Pandora at the most risky moment should only wait just 2 more weeks, or 2 more months because these guys will send you a Pandora whatever it takes.

I haven't placed any preorder yet but if I did, I'd gladly check the 3rd option of this poll because I know they've almost finished it and they will ship the Pandoras as soon as they can, because that is what we did with our books.

To Designers Of The Pandora: Just keep going and finish this device. I know from experience that you are even more troubled about the delays than everyone else.

To everyone: Sorry if I have bad grammar or something like that. I'm not a English native speaker too so even though I read a lot, writing a post it's hard to me.

I haven't waited long with my preorder, but I waited to see where Pandora was going before I handed them my money. I waited because I hadn't seen anything like this before, with community members pulling together to make a device for the community.

I really don't know how long all this negative talk has been going on, but as I understand it, Craig and co. aren't exactly veterans at doing something like this, and there've been numerous problems along the way. Seems only natural that some people (especially the long-time preorder holders) would get impatient, but I don't think pressuring them is helping anything if they don't have anything to do with certain delays (like the molds).

Pandora seems very close now. It's not even just renders, not for a long time. The boards seem done (photos for that), the tv cables are done (more photos for that, too), just seems like we're just waiting on the molds and the final keymats now. :)

Julien said:
I'm sorry to publicly telling you this way but your blog do not allow comments and openpandorasales@gmail.com have no clues or direct contact with you.
have you heard of a thing called "pm"?

Julien said:
I patiently waited until today but imagine paying a "24h Chrono-Post" and still not receiving your package 2 months later ? It's a bit how I feel today!

For such project, you can absolutely make a 2 or 3 months mistake but not over 6 months or a year.
You already know this is a slow process and wouldn't receive such whining from me if you telling me January 2010.
so, are you saying you know exactly what's been going on and shouldn't have this many delays?

Julien said:
I give you enough time and money (nearly 350€) to be at least better informed of the situation.
what's there to be more informed about? we get a great deal of the information they receive, what more do you want to know?

Julien said:
this is complicated. they can't hurry too much, or the device is unsatisfactory, and a majority of us do agree it's better to have a device with less glitches here and there. likewise, if they don't go fast enough, people will cancel their orders, and since most or all of the money's been spent already, the team will have to pay the refunds out of their own pockets. and they don't have enough money to repay all the 3000~ orders, and you know what happens after that.

Julien said:
To my concern, I give another chance to your project until the end of October as you have told me.

I think I represent a small portion of your customers so you clearly know now how to react if you want to keep us interested.

Again sorry for the somewhat raw content of this message, but I'm getting impatient.
don't worry, i'm sure many people feel this way. and openpandora does know about this portion of customers, they want to get this thing shipping more than we do.

better informed of the situation?, how?

just about every component is made or good to go, we have status reports on everything, even the wrapper on the battery, colour of the LED`s, custom TV cables, tweaks to keyboard hardness, WHAT else can you want to know?, name of moulding machine operator?, colour of container on ship?, what?

it`s very kind of you to give the project another chance, we are so humble, thank-you mem-sahib

I'll order a second one (a.k.a. "throw more money at the project") </unknownLevelOfSeriousness>

how about reading the forum, all the other threads and paying a bit more attention to whats going on and not getting on my wick for making yet another thread that makes NO DIFFERENCE TO THE SITUATION WHICH IS VERY CLEAR IN EVERY OTHER OF THESE THREADS

it might be the 4 days of drinking, or maybe the 36 hours of being awake thats getting my goat, but if you want people to listen to you how about having the courtesy to see where all your comments and questions have been answered AD NAUSEUM. i'll happily answer something new or show an interest in some kind of incredible new insight but you lack of respect to the forum just so you can make some noise is just pathetic.

haha chops, i am a dude, but its a common mistake. its chic for the french for aesthetic. classy eh!

anyway, maybe 35cl of captain morgans, 100cl of vodka, a litre or two of pear cider, a load of cocacola and about 5 red bulls. uuuurrrrrr

Julien said:

http://pandorapress.net/

Julien, Please take craigix`s advice (He is the lead developer of the Pandora and owner of openpandorasales@gmail.com) and PM him with your current concerns, Please do not do it on a public forum.

There`s a good chap.

***LOCKED***

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back