What Is Project Bumble Bee?

hey i've been gone for a while and i log on to see talks of a project bumble bee. is this a new game or system or what?

Exophase said:
Totally agree with you :lol: :p

thumb_932328_20060315_screen013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A Bumble Bee is a slow, oversized insect that vaguely resembles a bee but has no sting. Due to its large size and poor design it is considered 'expensive' when compared to the sleek wasp or aerodynamic bee.

Apparently some people in the know feel this is a fitting nickname for a much discussed piece of hardware touted to send the GP2X to an early grave when released.

It doesn't bode well ( or they don't share my pessimism about bumble bees and life in general).

A Bumble Bee is a slow, oversized insect that vaguely resembles a bee but has no sting.

Bumblebees are in fact a species of bee, and they do have stingers.

FlippantBird said:
Bumblebees are in fact a species of bee, and they do have stingers.
Ah! That would explain why they are called Bumble Bees and why they vaguely resemble a bee. :blink:

As for their status as stingers - they are wimps. No barbs on the stinger, no swarms of killer bumble bees. It is wasted on them. They may as well not have it.

bumblebees are FREAKING AWESOME

also, they do have barbs. No barbs would mean that they could sting you over and over again and not die. Wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets don't have barbs. If a bee stings you, it will die.

Mr.Jabberwocky said:
A Bumble Bee is a slow, oversized insect that vaguely resembles a bee but has no sting. Due to its large size and poor design it is considered 'expensive' when compared to the sleek wasp or aerodynamic bee.
It was a "normal" Bumblebee when it was going to use the MMSP2+ , it has mutated a little :lol:

atomicthumbs said:
bumblebees are FREAKING AWESOME

also, they do have barbs. No barbs would mean that they could sting you over and over again and not die. Wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets don't have barbs. If a bee stings you, it will die.
"Who the flup thought that was a good idea?" -Charles Darwin-

Back